2021/22 A-League Men Grand Final Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Well after a long and interrupted season we finally have a Grand Final to look forward to and a first A-League all Victorian Grand Final! Between the reining Champions and the new kids on the block.

2021/22 A-League Men Grand Final

Melbourne-City-FC-logo.jpg

V

WU.jpg

Date: Saturday 28th May
Time: 7:45pm EST
Venue: AAMI Park Melbourne
TV Broadcast: Channel 10, 10HD streamed on Paramount Plus

The two most consistent teams of the season with both clubs pretty much occupying the top two positions all season are playing off in the Grand Final. City having won the Premiers Plate back to back are now looking at become the first A-League club to win both Premiers Plate and Championships back to back. Western United however are only three seasons old and are into their first Grand Final and are looking for their first piece of silverware. head to head in the three H&A matches this season WU have narrowly defeated City twice with a draw in the other match. So it sure to be a very good tense game of football.

Prediction: Although Melbourne City haven't beaten Western United this season I think they have enough seasoned experience and talent to get the job done and be the first A-League back to back Premiers and Champions. But not without a fight.
City 2-1

Last edited:

I couldn't give a stuff! but if I'd have to choose I'll go WU just to see Aloisi do a Mark Williams style bants to the City fans after the match.
JA has done well after unsuccessful stints at Heart and Roar - more from a lack of support to be successful. Fair play to his resilience, and he still is the sharpest dressed man in the A League.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a ticket,over $100,purely for atmosphere, by the sounds of it I may get buyer's remorse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know if you wait a few days they'll be reducing the prices significantly or even giving tickets away to try and fill the joint.

No didn't know that. But did wonder about price when there's so many empty seats whenever we do go. We are also city members so it seems particularly steep!

City has about 10k members,united about 5k,hopefully the joint is half full at least

They’ll fill it or get close too it. There hasn’t been an A-League Grand Finals yet apart from the last two seasons of course for obvious reason that hasn’t. The means of how they fill it remains. Doubt it will be all City and WU fans packing AAMI Park. APL should give tickets away to the local NPL clubs and try to get a lot of kids to attend.

Last edited:
Chris Beath to referee the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back