Prediction Round 10: Changes vs Collingwood + pre-game discussion

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We've been out in the wet that often in recent years you would they would have finally worked out how to play in it.
I've been thinking the same thing all week. Should have learnt from that Geelong game at home (2020?) but haven't, water is Freo's cryptonite.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
As other's have said, if we're a top four contender, we piss this in rain or shine - it's on our home deck ffs.

If it's raining M Cox may as well be a behind post for all that he's going to do. Our Darcy will murder theirs (in the ruck and when he rests forward). Our talls match on their's nicely and half their smalls are underdone to *.

Pendles is great, but our pace and pressure should negate him off half-back and I reckon our mids have De Goey lowering his colours midway through the 2nd.

Finally up front we're looking good, but can't bomb it in given Howe, Moore and Maynard are pretty tidy. Trust JLo to cover that though after last week.

Freo to strangle the game and win by 40.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
As other's have said, if we're a top four contender, we piss this in rain or shine - it's on our home deck ffs.

If it's raining M Cox may as well be a behind post for all that he's going to do. Our Darcy will murder theirs (in the ruck and when he rests forward). Our talls match on their's nicely and half their smalls are underdone to duck.

Pendles is great, but our pace and pressure should negate him off half-back and I reckon our mids have De Goey lowering his colours midway through the 2nd.

Finally up front we're looking good, but can't bomb it in given Howe, Moore and Maynard are pretty tidy. Trust JLo to cover that though after last week.

Freo to strangle the game and win by 40.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That sort of confidence and logical reasoning will upset a few buddy.

Some prefer to enter every game scraping for underdog status.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weather can’t be an excuse if we want to be taken seriously as a football team by the league surely?

Doesn’t matter if it is or not. Most seasons we’ll play 3-4 games in the wet. Lose all of them and it’s extremely difficult to make top two.

Without making top two a WA-based side probably isn’t a contender. Although we did finish third when we made the GF.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our season won’t be defined in next 3 weeks. We’re not expected to beat Melbourne or Brisbane. Plus we can lose 2 of 3 and still just sit inside the top 4.

Rounds 15-17 for me will determine whether we’re top 4 or 5-8.

In that stretch we play Saints and Carlton away + Port home and also Saints play Carlton. So, potentially a fair bit will be worked out then.

Our season won’t be defined in next 3 weeks. We’re not expected to beat Melbourne or Brisbane. Plus we can lose 2 of 3 and still just sit inside the top 4.

Rounds 15-17 for me will determine whether we’re top 4 or 5-8.

In that stretch we play Saints and Carlton away + Port home and also Saints play Carlton. So, potentially a fair bit will be worked out then.

Further to this, if we consider Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle and St Kilda "top four" since St Kilda is currently =4th on points...

Melbourne/Fremantle
Fremantle/Brisbane
Brisbane/St Kilda
Melbourne/Brisbane
Carlton/Fremantle
Carlton/St Kilda
St Kilda/Fremantle
Fremantle/Melbourne
Brisbane/Carlton
Melbourne/Carlton
St Kilda/Brisbane
Brisbane/Melbourne

Twelve games that can only go one of three ways, none of which are both sides winning. 24 teams featuring:
Fremantle = 5 games
Melbourne = 5 games
Brisbane = 6 games
Carlton = 4 games
St Kilda = 4 games

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Further to this, if we consider Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton, Fremantle and St Kilda "top four" since St Kilda is currently =4th on points...

Melbourne/Fremantle
Fremantle/Brisbane
Brisbane/St Kilda
Melbourne/Brisbane
Carlton/Fremantle
Carlton/St Kilda
St Kilda/Fremantle
Fremantle/Melbourne
Brisbane/Carlton
Melbourne/Carlton
St Kilda/Brisbane
Brisbane/Melbourne

Twelve games that can only go one of three ways, none of which are both sides winning. 24 teams featuring:
Fremantle = 5 games
Melbourne = 5 games
Brisbane = 6 games
Carlton = 4 games
St Kilda = 4 games
Lots of ‘8 point’ games.

Jul 20, 2018
That’s my concern - the young guys are going to lose track of this week looking ahead. Not by choose, at a subconscious level because of the constant positive noise in the media about us simply because of the s**t show down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s my concern - the young guys are going to lose track of this week looking ahead. Not by choose, at a subconscious level because of the constant positive noise in the media about us simply because of the s**t show down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The challenge for the leadership of the club is in using the wake up calls to rebound with results, we get a chance to replay the game against Gold Coast today. We will see how they respond.

As I said before, I'm expecting Caleb Serong to have a point to prove.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Got to get through today.

Playing Melbourne off a six day break after a hard slog in the rain was always going to be tough.

The one thing I’ll say though Melbourne have had West Coast and North the last two weeks. Been able to go through the motions and still get the four points. If we show up after the above they’ll have to work much harder.

Back