List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh and btw The Filth Wizard, if we were say on verge of top 4 and pushing hard for a flag next year, i'd go hard for Pearce (or similar) and that age group wouldn't worry me at all.

Topping up with good senior players i'm all for. Hawks did that for years, Swans have too, Cats have.

Just to be clear that's all, as I reflected on your post and agree with your sentiment.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Oh and btw The Filth Wizard, if we say on verge of top 4 and pushing hard next year, i'd go hard for Pearce (or similar) and age wouldn't worry me at all.

Topping up with good senior players i'm all for. Hawks did that, Swans have, Cats have to stay up there.

Just to be clear that's all, as I reflected on your post and agree with your sentiment.

For sure, I just don't see it as topping up. It's the difference between us and teams like the Crows/Magpies/Hawks... they don't have this dead zone in their drafting that we had so they've all got a really good spread of mature players (25-32+) to work with their youth. On the flip side the Eagles will suffer because they're the opposite, they're just mature depth with a smattering of youth.

Alex Pearce = the off

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the f*** are you on about? Again I never stated he should he in the side as a defender. He deserves his place ahead of the few I mentioned. What’s so hard to understand

Waussie he has attributes that far outweigh anything those I mentioned have and he’s not going to learn anything by being dropped during a bye round. Like I said considering other senior players have done much of the same or much less, his omission from the side doesn’t seem right.
He could be rated 10/10 in any attributes you like if he doesn’t get the ball, doesn’t tackle doesn’t run then you or I are just as useful out there

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What about Gould from Sydney? I always liked him in his draft year and he would be perfect age and our CHB
Has he played an afl game yet? Been around for a while and not getting a few games would be a bit of a red flag

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has he played an afl game yet? Been around for a while and not getting a few games would be a bit of a red flag
No games yet. Sydney fans don't know if he even exists at this point. We need to br bringing in real players not spuds from other clubs who can't get a game in the seniors. We're gonna end up in the same situation we are now with fewer draft picks than when we started.

FootySmartSimpson

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not here to pick on Ronny but he and Greenwood were not AFL quality today.
Stephenson would have excelled today with some grunt back in the middle.
Might have even meant Jy stopped hacking it out of the middle.

But ‘Stephenson can’t play as a defender bro’ 👍🏼
I thought Greenwood played really well after watching the replay:

• excellent pressure and tackling
  • good clearance work
  • got stuck in to protect the team
  • got a good goal assist

I don’t know where the criticism is coming from. Maybe because he is slow? And some people expect that every player is somehow a mix between Judd, Bont and Wells???

He is the very least of our worries.

What about Gould from Sydney? I always liked him in his draft year and he would be perfect age and our CHB
Interesting one. A highly rated junior with good kicking skills, tweener height and an average tank. Still is a bulky hb that struggles to get the footy. If Sydney can’t fix him, I doubt we can.

He could be rated 10/10 in any attributes you like if he doesn’t get the ball, doesn’t tackle doesn’t run then you or I are just as useful out there
Same above could apply to Ziebell. That’s my point
I thought Greenwood played really well after watching the replay:

• excellent pressure and tackling
  • good clearance work
  • got stuck in to protect the team
  • got a good goal assist

I don’t know where the criticism is coming from. Maybe because he is slow? And some people expect that every player is somehow a mix between Judd, Bont and Wells???

He is the very least of our worries.
Go look at what Oliver did.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Same above could apply to Ziebell. That’s my point

Go look at what Oliver did.
JZ and Hugh aren’t perfect by any stretch but you can doubt the endeavour. Id sooner someone getting those numbers and putting in than someone coasting for a similar output

I’m not entirely sure greenwood was tagging Oliver btw

Stephenson hasn’t shown any willingness to improve his workrate and endeavour, not expecting him to get 10 tackles but he needs to consistently create options as an outside runner. He isn’t doing that, comfortable that he got dropped and frankly he needs to be able to find that very soon

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reckon the Cats will go after David Mundy.

Might still be a bit young though.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Reckon the Cats will go after David Mundy.

Might still be a bit young though.

Both clubs would walk away happy with their 2003 picks yeh?

Player Statistics Comparison​
Name​
Team​
Defender​
Position​
Midfield​
7​
Career Games​
Calder Cannons​
Origin​
Murray Bushrangers​
March 4, 1986​
Date of Birth​
July 20, 1985​
36yr 2mth​
Age​
36yr 10mth​
186cm​
Height​
192cm
85kg​
Weight​
92kg
Last Drafted In​
Round 1, Pick #9​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #19​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
7​
Games​
30​
Kicks​
18​
Handballs​
48​
Disposals​
12​
Marks​
2​
Goals​
1​
Behinds​
10​
Tackles​
0​
Hitouts​
1​
Frees For​
1​
Frees Against​

Name​
Team​
Defender​
Position​
Midfield​
7​
Career Games​
Calder Cannons​
Origin​
Murray Bushrangers​
March 4, 1986​
Date of Birth​
July 20, 1985​
36yr 2mth​
Age​
36yr 10mth​
186cm​
Height​
192cm
85kg​
Weight​
92kg
Last Drafted In​
Round 1, Pick #9​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #19​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
7​
Games​
30​
Kicks​
18​
Handballs​
48​
Disposals​
12​
Marks​
2​
Goals​
1​
Behinds​
10​
Tackles​
0​
Hitouts​
1​
Frees For​
1​
Frees Against​

Killing Mundy on frees against - who's laughing now Freo?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

More a half back distrubtor rather than a genuine key position player. Supposedly not very happy in Sydney which might be impacting his output.

Reckon he'll end up on a rookie list somewhere next year.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Name​
Team​
Defender​
Position​
Midfield​
7​
Career Games​
Calder Cannons​
Origin​
Murray Bushrangers​
March 4, 1986​
Date of Birth​
July 20, 1985​
36yr 2mth​
Age​
36yr 10mth​
186cm​
Height​
192cm
85kg​
Weight​
92kg
Last Drafted In​
Round 1, Pick #9​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #19​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
7​
Games​
30​
Kicks​
18​
Handballs​
48​
Disposals​
12​
Marks​
2​
Goals​
1​
Behinds​
10​
Tackles​
0​
Hitouts​
1​
Frees For​
1​
Frees Against​

Mate in fairness to us, Trotter was cruelled by injury. Could play we just never got to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back