Toast Welcome to the Suns, Joel Jeffrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.

Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.

Due to his height (192cm) he was played in the forward 50 in the NTFL. Has played down back for Allies which indicates where he will play at AFL level.
Has a great leap and has great hands, not to mention a great disposal by foot. Can see him getting a crack at AFL level in 2021.

Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

RJ is a living legend up in Darwin. Very humble man who was tough as nails on the field.
Just google NTFL Rep games on youtube to see him in action Vs Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong, Freo and Essendon back in the 90's.

Logan Mcdonald had 14 possessions, 10 marks, 3 goals.
Sam De Kooning been pretty good for Geelong for a number of weeks apparently.

These are the only two I can see should challenge Jeffrey's nomination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie henry kicked 4.1 13 disposals and 5 marks, in 2 1/2 quarters from being the sub.

I've got it down to him and Jeffery. Either one would be worthy.
Henry has kicked a fair few goals this year.
Probably favourite for the nom given his previous weeks.

It would be absolutely ideal if Jeffery could turn into a Fritsch type forward. Good skills at the drop of the ball, but can play a bit tall too and outwork defenders for a mark. Someone who is just hard to match up on.

Might be a pipe dream, but that is the type of role I think of.

Well done on the nom young lad. More of that this week, please :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back