Preview Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 29th May, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree to a point but when the side's winning it comes down to injuries opening the door as with Dunstan we wern't winning at the start of the year so he had a legitmate case.
I know what you're saying and I don't disagree but when 2 players in the backline are under performing and you have a somewhat similar 1 player killing it in the Reserves, pick that 1 player.

Makes everyone accountable to form and effort. If the 2 players think they're safe purely because the team is winning, that's how you become complacent

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Right, which comedians voted for a North win? Not big and not clever :smile:

A rare occasion when I'm one hundred per cent confident. Just improve midfield a bit and it's a big win - Saints by sixty!! We should be far too strong.
I voted against saints every week, the two times I voted for saints was losses to Collingwood and Port so I'll keep the team winning by voting against

I'm all for respecting the opposition. But we really need to belt the Roos. Everyone else is, and if we want to keep up with the rest of the top teams we have to put the foot down.

60 point margin minimum.
80 points par.
100 points target.

Percentage will be important for finals positions. Gotta get it done.
I think we need to look past this idea of belting teams. Freo would have been expecting to belt the Pies yesterday.

Just win. If you win enough percentage takes care of itself.

Watched the 2nd quarter of the Sandy game last night and looking forward to watching the rest today.

Does Highmore start hitting targets in the 2nd half? It doesnt matter how many times he marks if it is continues to kick it like he did that that 2nd quarter.

He went at 92% efficiency of 26 touches.

He’s put a lot of pressure on the senior coaches to select him soon - hasn’t played a bad game in at least a month - and we are lacking an intercept marking player down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went at 92% efficiency of 26 touches.

He’s put a lot of pressure on the senior coaches to select him soon - hasn’t played a bad game in at least a month - and we are lacking an intercept marking player down back.
Didn't see too much of the game yesterday but he's been using the footy quite well throughout the year.

I think the idea of "aiming to build percentage" pre-contest is a little disrespectful. It's a match between two teams trying to win. If we play well enough we can win and win well.

I'd like to see Clark back in.
Agree with this. You start thinking about percentage at 3 quarter time if at all, any time before that and you're setting yourself up to fail

I think the idea of "aiming to build percentage" pre-contest is a little disrespectful. It's a match between two teams trying to win. If we play well enough we can win and win well.

I'd like to see Clark back in.
Exactly.
Bottom 4 teams don't play like bottom 4 teams every week- adelaide for example played like a finals team the other night with their contested ball and accurate disposal.

If north play like a bottom 4 team, then sure, we should be demanding that our team pile on some percentage.

But if they play very well for large parts of the game and we just get a win- then that's fine too.

A win against a team playing top 8 level footy is a good result, no matter the margin or where that team are on the ladder.

Keep saying that until you miss the 4 or 8 on percentage
Our percentage is healthy. We have had some very good wins. I'm just saying if you go into a game expecting to win by ten goals at a minimum you're going about it the wrong way. The most important thing is winning.

Keep saying that until you miss the 4 or 8 on percentage

A lot of it comes down to sheer luck though.

Some teams have been lucky to catch WC when they have zero players and/or north when they have been at rock bottom confidence wise.

We're playing an attacking game style every week- that's all we can control.
We can't control how motivated the opposition are to really give it 100% of what they've got.

I know we are winning but i still have several concerns
We need a better spread of goal kickers , we rely way to much on Max
Need to start playing for four quarters as you cant beat the good sides playing half a game every week
We need to learn to be ruthless and bury teams
A few more but those are the main ones for me
I'm worried about the tendency to be too Max centric. Everyone loves seeing him clunking marks and kicking bags, but we need to lower our eyes and take the best option. That will make our forwardline more dangerous than if we just bomb it to Max every time

A lot of it comes down to sheer luck though.

Some teams have been lucky to catch WC when they have zero players and/or north when they have been at rock bottom confidence wise.

We're playing an attacking game style every week- that's all we can control.
We can't control how motivated the opposition are to really give it 100% of what they've got.
The idea that the result of the game is dependant on the performance of both teams is one that I don’t like. I prefer us being so much better than the other teams that the only way we lose is because we beat ourselves

I'm worried about the tendency to be too Max centric. Everyone loves seeing him clunking marks and kicking bags, but we need to lower our eyes and take the best option. That will make our forwardline more dangerous than if we just bomb it to Max every time
Yep it works until it doesn’t. If the next week he only kicks 3.3 or 2.4 we’re ****ed. Where if we have an even spread the impact of individual performance is lessened

Danger game.
We are not in good form! Haven't put together anything close to 4Qs since Hawthorn.
Also made Adelaide look like a gun team.

I think we'll win but need to improve our effort to win well

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
In the mean time we beat Geelong & Adelaide i'd like to be in that bad a form every week if that's the case.
Take the wins Kingy stop over analysing every situation all that matters is the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back