The coalition will never win the federal government again.

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes: The reactions are priceless, people are feeling the same way as they did in 2007 when Kevin 07 had a 70% approval rating and never made it through his first term? They were saying the same thing back then, Labor will be in office for ten years! Party infighting then led to his downfall and Julia's, before the budgie smuggler took over. This time Labor will have to contend with the independents and Greens, it should make for a fun time in Parliament while it lasts? It would be much better if this Government have a majority and not go scratching the backs of the "Teals"? It will be bad enough keeping the looney Greens at bay? I actually like Albo, he comes from my era of musical taste, so that's one plus, but I worry about the puppet masters behind him? Still, you never know, I hope he does well for all our sake. :) Onward and upward!

But you said Penny Wong specifically would be PM.

Explain?

And amen for compulsory voting. If it existed in America no way Trumpism could of happened.
Absolutely.

And for the Australian Electoral Commission.

There goes voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc right out of the window.

Now lets talk about the Democratic Labor Party and how it split the Labor vote for a generation and kept the coalition in power for near on 23 years.

Are there paralells?
Certainly, as long as the Holmes a Court family still open the purse strings.

Frydo gone and Kroger gone, is Simon now satisfied?

Could be moot with Dutton as the Lib leader. Can't see him winning back the moderates nor female swinging voters

Certainly, as long as the Holmes a Court family still open the purse strings.

Frydo gone and Kroger gone, is Simon now satisfied?

Could be moot with Dutton as the Lib leader. Can't see him winning back the moderates nor female swinging voters
The independent moderates would see the LNP as a millstone around their neck now. There’s nothing to be gained by jumping into bed with the red necks.

So when is Penny Wong becoming PM? :drunk::drunk:

Who are the Liberal party reliant on to form government, a minor looney party per chance? Oh dear this is like fish in a barrel.
Penny Wong is already working on it. Albo must have a majority or the loony Greens and Indies will control Australia, he will be dangling on the end of their strings otherwise. I suspect that he will be a target within 2 years and won't go to the next election as the leader. If it's not Penny Wong it will definitely be somebody else.

Penny Wong is already working on it. Albo must have a majority or the loony Greens and Indies will control Australia, he will be dangling on the end of their strings otherwise. I suspect that he will be a target within 2 years and won't go to the next election as the leader. If it's not Penny Wong it will definitely be somebody else.
Multiple people have said why what you said can't happen. Happy to explain it further if you want.

Explain how this will happen?

The loony greens tag died Saturday night.

"No, dig up stupid"

2022-04-08_210310.jpg

you are aware the branches and the unions each control 50% of preselection?

so for Wong to take over a lower house seat AFTER an election, she needs to:

1) force a SA ALP lower house rep out of their seat

2) convince the branches to support her

3) convince the unions to support her

and most importantly

4) convince the caucus to endorse the move and not derail the move completely

5) win the by-election, with all the s**t of KK's move being thrown at her by the Libs and the Greens

but please, tell us which seat she is planning to take over

On the thread topic...

This is exceedingly dumb. The Libs control 80% of the media in this country, and spend roughly 85% of the funding the entire Australian media landscape consumes. The Libs have lost an election after 9 years of power, and they only just ******* lost; if the Teal seats went to Labor, you could make the case that the ALP has a mandate for their positions, but not only did this not happen but they might not see majority government in the house. This is hardly the sterling endorsement of the ALP in the electorate that would truly spell the end of the Coalition's electoral chances.

Dutton's - if he becomes leader - issue is convincing the southern states he's not a fascist waiting to happen and WA that they purged the elements within who planned the co-ordinated attack on WA during Covid. He doesn't really need to do very much there; the media will do the job for him. He won't lose seats for them in QLD.

FFS, roughly 40% of the vote in this country is liberal in every election. Do you really think that's going to disappear? We're a conservative bunch here, whether I like it or not.

Then, you've got the traps set in government by the Libs. The fuel excise expiry in October will hit the government hard, because it's hard to shift the blame for your petrol prices going from $2 to $2.50 a litre; do they prolong it and dig us further into debt, or do they take the hit? That's just a single example.

The Libs have stacked every part of the bureaucracy, every board, committee, position of authority with their own people. They've had the time to be thorough. It will take at least two terms to run a broom through things, and they'll be lucky to get that.
the libs didnt just lose. They have lost by 15-30 seats. Thats a spanking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are aware they have quietly put up with being sidelined in liberal circles for decades? this purge has been happening since McPhee, so you dont get to cry now that moderate liberals are zealots when you spend 30 years cutting them off from influence in the party
i think you missed the point. He wasnt calling moderate liberals zealots. He was calling posters in this thread zealots who couldnt even get that those teal independents were moderate liberals.

But to keep them out, Labor needed to win. They didn't.

If this sticks more than one term, I'll be surprised.
Only if the people who voted for the teal independents go back to the libs. Hard to see that if the libs turn even further to the right and go with dutton.

unless the libs do a 180 and go back to their roots the electoral map has now fundamentally changed. We now have four groups In the house. Not two. coalition, labor, teals, greens.

The way forward for the Libs is pretty much go it alone and try to become what the teals have become. But that ship has probably sailed.

That won't happen - they have no base to speak of which would want it.

The Labor Party still have a base in the unions, for better or worse.

The Liberal Party has no such thing, which is why it's been so easy for the religious nutters to move in and effectively assume the base of the party.

They are the party now - the religious nutters and the right wing zealots.

The wider community isn't following them that way so I really only see their future as a kind of large, fringe right-wing party. Keep going to the right (which they will) and they probably pick up the freedom nuffies once UAP burns out, and perhaps One Nation types too.

I could see the Labor Party moving marginally right too and picking up many moderate former LNP voters. With their main threat actually coming from the more progressive side in the Greens, probably in cooperation with others.

Only if the people who voted for the teal independents go back to the libs. Hard to see that if the libs turn even further to the right and go with dutton.

unless the libs do a 180 and go back to their roots the electoral map has now fundamentally changed. We now have four groups In the house. Not two. coalition, labor, teals, greens.
Question becomes, can the Teals ensure revenue streams to equal the Greens as a fourth force in federal politics?

Simon Holmes a Court can't just keep giving them money. At some point, they're going to need their own funding.

Very interested to see how this all plays out. If they install Dutton they somehow need to pick up all the UAP and PHON voters, because they sure as hell aren't going to pick up many who voted leftwards of them on this occasion. Even then that probably ain't enough.

If what you say " can " and " does " occur how good is it going to be to have an asian lesbian from Adelaide as P.M. ?

Dutton, Barnaby, Murray, Credlin, Bolt et al will go ballistic !

I would pay to see that ❤

Question becomes, can the Teals ensure revenue streams to equal the Greens as a fourth force in federal politics?

Simon Holmes a Court can't just keep giving them money. At some point, they're going to need their own funding.

Climate200 only provided 33% of the funding $1.5m Ryan received, and I understand it's similar for Daniel's.

Fwiw Frydo apparently spent $3m (not confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back