Game Day 2022 Federal Election!

Remove this Banner Ad

The yanks elected their centre-left party in their last election too. What have we done that's so much better? We definitely have a better voting system though.

Too many Americans detached from the reality of the world outside the bubble they live in. Referring to the right that is.

Same thing is going on here, but on a much smaller scale. As a whole though, we are far more progressive and not as easily manipulated as these recent elections have shown.

I will say though, if the americanisation of our media outlets continues, it might all change for the worse down the track.

Too many Americans detached from the reality of the world outside the bubble they live in. Referring to the right that is.

Same thing is going on here, but on a much smaller scale. As a whole though, we are far more progressive and not as easily manipulated as these recent elections have shown.

I will say though, if the americanisation of our media outlets continues, it might all change for the worse down the track.
The Americanisation of our Media Outlets simply won't/Doesn't work. We have universal healthcare and Gun Control for a reason. Obviously we still have some form of radicalised minority but we have no where near the same level as our Yank Cousins. Its the same reason as to why Fox News is a massive hit over there because they're all to stupid and radicalised to not take Tucker Carlsons word as gospel yet here Sky News which is a copy and paste doesn't work because the majority can see how stupid the likes of Herr Bolt and Fat Boy Murray are. Sadly tuned into the 1st minute of the Fat mans show last night and right away went to we have 3 years of crazy woke leftist garbage to go through but Donald and Dutto will be sworn in together in 2025. They are Seymour Skinner in the Simpsons to T "AM I SO OUT OF TOUCH? NO. IT'S THE CHILDREN WHO ARE WRONG." They lost the election because they were nowhere near progressive enough and are now doubling down driving more and more people away from their garbage.

We modeled our Constitution on theirs and haven't stopped since.
And can only work as long as all combatants are prepared to accept the election result.
At least neither of our 2 choices are criminals ( or total morons )

Andrea Canavan is University educated and mother of 5 children. She was known to be active in charitable works whilst at University around the turn of the century. I appreciate that your comment is really at Matt but it's unkind to Andrea. We shouldn't be potting politicians' family members.

Direct it towards those that do then.....

And can only work as long as all combatants are prepared to accept the election result.
At least neither of our 2 choices are criminals ( or total morons )
Modeled after isn't imitated. At Federation, we cherry picked the best of the US Constitution. Coincidently, i e not by foresight, 20 years after Federation, the US became a World Power and a further 25, the World leader. In the meantime up popped Hollywood and pop culture. So it's not only the Constitution but our culture is now modeled on but not an imitation of what happens in the US. Look there for guidance but not prediction. Neither of Trump nor Biden should be called Criminal nor Moron. Nice to see you back, KH, we've missed your robust contributions.

Last edited:
I'm a simple working class boy from the western suburbs. My intimate and informative connection to Jeff Kennett aside, how could I possibly be associated with grandees like Matt Canavan ?

I thought he might attend some of the same Eyes White Shut style orgies, or he might have some tenuous connection to your high-profile mates from The Lodge.

Last edited:
Future Coalition seats needed to form Government are either of 2 ways:
1. Retake inner city seats no held by independents.
2. Take outer suburban seats from Labor.

I think option 2 is far easier and that is what they will do under Dutton/Murdoch. This is the Republican strategy in the US.

I thought he might attend some of the same Eyes White Shut style orgies, or you he might have some tenuous connection to your high-profile mates from The Lodge.
Lodge ? Where's me sash, bowler hat and drums ? Marching Season a bit over a month away.

Future Coalition seats needed to form Government are either of 2 ways:
1. Retake inner city seats no held by independents.
2. Take outer suburban seats from Labor.

I think option 2 is far easier and that is what they will do under Dutton/Murdoch. This is the Republican strategy in the US.

Modeled after isn't imitated. At Federation, we cherry picked the best of the US Constitution. Coincidently, i e not by foresight, 20 years after Federation, the US became a World Power and a further 25, the World leader. In the meantime up popped Hollywood and pop culture. So it's not only the Constitution but our culture is now modeled on but not an imitation of what happens in the US. Look there for guidance but not prediction. Neither of Trump nor Biden should be called Criminal nor Moron. Nice to see you back, KH, we've missed your robust contributions.

Neither ?
I would call someone a criminal if they have a history of fraud ( examples - fake university , conspiracy to upend an election, trying to blackmail , just to name a few )

I would call someone a moron for suggesting injecting bleach , nuking a hurricane, telling the press “ we now have a invisible fighter jet “ , re drawing a weather map because he knows sweet fa about US geography , tell the world Putin is more trustworthy than his own intelligence agency. And so on !!!!

But no need to go down the rabbit hole anymore , I know the said criminal / moron is more your sort of guy 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither ?
I would call someone a criminal if they have a history of fraud ( examples - fake university , conspiracy to upend an election, trying to blackmail , just to name a few )

I would call someone a moron for suggesting injecting bleach , nuking a hurricane, telling the press “ we now have a invisible fighter jet “ , re drawing a weather map because he knows sweet fa about US geography , tell the world Putin is more trustworthy than his own intelligence agency. And so on !!!!

But no need to go down the rabbit hole anymore , I know the said criminal / moron is more your sort of guy 😜
Good man, Your Majesty. We had a lot of fun during the lockdowns, didn't we ?

Forgot to thank you for the warm welcome back 👍
We all hope you and yours are OK. A precaution because our patience isn't eternal. Is your first name is Vladimir or Jinping ?
Forgot to thank you for the warm welcome back 👍
No worries, Your Majesty, welcome, we are all as brainless as we were in 2020.

Albanese is in good shape for a man his age and he dresses well. He presents himself much better than old Manboobs Morrison.
He must have a low sperm count or he's a bad Catholic. Scomo outdoes him on the father stuff. Should go to hell for divorcing his missus. Am I doing this right?

You feeling alright hun? Bit unhinged? That's so unlike you...
Have you got a job yet? Or does your boss let you bludge all day? Your post count appears to be proportional to your lack of work-ethic.

I think the jury is out on both. Trump is universally considered both a criminal and a moron.
He speaks and used to tweet without a filter which led to him saying a lot of very stupid and incorrect things.

I'm sure he is intelligent in certain areas but he really should shut up about topics he's not educated in. It makes him come across as a complete fool on a regular basis.

Of course his unfiltered style did appeal to a certain audience so changing his style may have lost him more supporters than it gained.

Biden's worsening dementia seems like a genuine concern, surely they need to appoint a new leader before he loses his memory entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back