We won! Yay! Thoughts on the game and changes against the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a shocker against the eagles.
Sometimes people have down games, there's not a single player in the competition that puts together 22 elite games a year and that's ok, my point is Sam Taylor is really freaking good and he's only 23(?) and already one of the best KPD in the entire comp, and the graphic that was just posted shows that.

On the game like other I am not taking too much from the Eagles game and it does strengthen for me that the team is a bottom 4 team this year with how they leaked goals in the 2nd half and the easy transition for some of the goals

Need to see more defensive accountability for the mids and forwards

HH as a defender I do hope it runs for the remainder of the season as it allows Hogan/Riccardi and sproule or ruck in the f50 and provides the experience in defence

I think a few more players were feeling under the weather for the game, maybe Greene and Taylor and from the reserves report Hamilton also so hopefully it is only them and it doesn’t pass through the squad into the Lions game

Anything less than a 10 goal loss will be a positive for me although it does require some signs of continuing the faster ball movement/transition and better entries to F50
It also needs the defensive accountability to slow down and prevent rebound 50s

Sometimes people have down games, there's not a single player in the competition that puts together 22 elite games a year and that's ok, my point is Sam Taylor is really freaking good and he's only 23(?) and already one of the best KPD in the entire comp, and the graphic that was just posted shows that.
Never said that he can’t, just pointing out that he did have one.

On the game like other I am not taking too much from the Eagles game and it does strengthen for me that the team is a bottom 4 team this year with how they leaked goals in the 2nd half and the easy transition for some of the goals

Need to see more defensive accountability for the mids and forwards

HH as a defender I do hope it runs for the remainder of the season as it allows Hogan/Riccardi and sproule or ruck in the f50 and provides the experience in defence

I think a few more players were feeling under the weather for the game, maybe Greene and Taylor and from the reserves report Hamilton also so hopefully it is only them and it doesn’t pass through the squad into the Lions game

Anything less than a 10 goal loss will be a positive for me although it does require some signs of continuing the faster ball movement/transition and better entries to F50
It also needs the defensive accountability to slow down and prevent rebound 50s
Anything less than a 10 goal loss? Wow, you have very low expectations for this game haha.
I think the Giants will be in up to their eyeballs in this game until late and the Lions will come home strong

Lachie Whitfield (ankle) will undergo a fitness test ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba, while Tim Taranto remains out for another week with a back injury. Whitfield will be put through his paces at main training on Thursday to assess his availability.

Lachie Ash, Braydon Preuss and Nick Haynes missed last week’s match with illness but are expected to be available.

Haynes Ash Preuss in for Sproule, XO and Brander imo and if Whitfield gets up (would rather he take another week) then MDB I think, want to give Riccardi a couple weeks in a row to give him a real run at it but could be talked into droppping him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back