Autopsy Round 10, 2022: Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see a gif of the giggles they all had over that

I’ve just made one 😉

6JSyGXn.gif

Do you think a player who plays for the free kick should be rewarded if it is technically there?

What the football followers here see is that players lead with the head and draw free kicks, which is against the spirit of the game.

What you umpires see is that an umpire paid a free so it has to be right - umpires are always right. What the umpire on the night saw was technically a free, so it was paid with no consideration of what was actually happening - which is that the player was trying to get hit in the head.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I thought they made it so if you duck to draw high contact it wasn't a free?

I’ve just made one 😉

6JSyGXn.gif

The irony is that the dissent was quite obvious compared to moving your arms. If it keeps going like it is that will be a 50MP soon. Imagine all the children thinking about never umpiring again because of those disturbing smirks.

Weird that Sharman kicks one goal but can't be dropped, but Long who has been good for a month, has a down night but is still instrumental.in the goal Paddy kicks to seal the game HAS to be dropped.

Wow.
Sharman is key to structure and team balance whereas Long isn't so much and can be more easily replaced

Having that extra key marking forward stretches the opposition defence and stops teams double teaming max or the resting ruck

Whilst Long has been handy at times I would prefer Clark or Higgo in but not at the expense of Sharman and the loss of forward structure

Weird that Sharman kicks one goal but can't be dropped, but Long who has been good for a month, has a down night but is still instrumental.in the goal Paddy kicks to seal the game HAS to be dropped.

Wow.
Personally think we need two pressure players, so important these days. So 2 of Long, Windy, Butler. Our other smalls aren’t great on that front.

Wow, without Steele and Butler our pressure numbers were low. Only one had more than 40 pressure points!

Don’t remember the last time we only had one over 40. Could be years. Steele is usually around 70 and Butler probably averages about 60 and then there would generally be another one or two over 50 and two or three in the 40’s.

And the one who streeted the field for us with 69 was…..Z Jones. So hats off to him for that. Not far off double our next best! 👍

Adelaide had 5 with more than 40, with Berry leading the way with 76.

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. One kick broke the game wide open. Classy player.

He does that quite a bit, doesn't he?...Perfectly weighted just over the reach of opposition, perfectly placed for us to attack! Amazing!!!....He summed it up in about 3 seconds and executed...Brilliant! How many times do we see lesser players just kick it long to a contest or worse...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, without Steele and Butler our pressure numbers were low. Only one had more than 40 pressure points!

Don’t remember the last time we only had one over 40. Could be years. Steele is usually around 70 and Butler probably averages about 60 and then there would generally be another one or two over 50 and two or three in the 40’s.

And the one who streeted the field for us with 69 was…..Z Jones. So hats off to him for that. Not far off double our next best! 👍

I thought it was through the midfield that our pressure looked really soft. Steele seems to set the expectation of tackling and pressure. Adelaide often hardly had to slow to bring the ball up through the mids.

Crows are a good side but as Ratten said he is still tinkering with the amount of talls in the side, we suffered on the weekend in many departments and as he said in the press conference we had a few outstanding players and a lot that were not.
So if that is he thoughts he knows the team can be improved.
I wouldn't know who they think needs improvement but we need Higgins back in the team if he is right and Hunter Clark is to good to leave out of the team.

Higgins and Clark are 2 players with X factor who can change a game

Well you wont have Higgins to choose from, unfortunately

Clark did look silk when he got his hands on it for Sandringham :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. One kick broke the game wide open. Classy player.

Damnit Gresham his disposal continues to be horrific. A few years ago he was a class player I don’t know what happened. Just hit the easy one out on the right instead of trying to pull of a kick he’s nowhere near capable of making.

Speaking of which 15 contested possessions for Gresham which was our highest, and judging by his CBA numbers he didn’t even play a full game in the midfield. There’s just no way we can play him anywhere but the middle with Steele out.

You think Bytel might get a start this week.

To me this is what we have him for, to come in when Steele goes down. We are playing a lower side so there is opportunity to test drive him without exposing ourselves too much. If he can't get in now when we look a player like him down I don't know if he'll get another contract.

Damnit Gresham his disposal continues to be horrific. A few years ago he was a class player I don’t know what happened. Just hit the easy one out on the right instead of trying to pull of a kick he’s nowhere near capable of making.

Speaking of which 15 contested possessions for Gresham which was our highest, and judging by his CBA numbers he didn’t even play a full game in the midfield. There’s just no way we can play him anywhere but the middle with Steele out.

He's still a gun, he just doesn't kick cleanly.

To me this is what we have him for, to come in when Steele goes down. We are playing a lower side so there is opportunity to test drive him without exposing ourselves too much. If he can't get in now when we look a player like him down I don't know if he'll get another contract.
Clark seems like the one that should be coming in for Steele if anyone.

He has shown when given the opportunity in the middle that he is a better midfielder than Bytel.

He's shown the ability to win contested footy but also footy on the outside. If ever there was a time to get him in the position we wanted for him when he was drafted it's now.

Seeing that Higgins can't play I would bring Owens into the team to play his forward role , he looks like he would offer the pressure as well be dangerous around goals - but who would you leave out if you bring him in.

Where do you find those stats AR?

Clark seems like the one that should be coming in for Steele if anyone.

He has shown when given the opportunity in the middle that he is a better midfielder than Bytel.

He's shown the ability to win contested footy but also footy on the outside. If ever there was a time to get him in the position we wanted for him when he was drafted it's now.

Clark should come back in but he's played about five career games as a mid. He's very one way and looks rusty still. He will come back in but I thought we lacked a tackling inside mid. The ball went straight through our midfield. Clark won't help that. I reckon if Bytel can't get a game with an inside mid out he looks done at the Saints IMO.

Clark should come back in but he's played about five career games as a mid. He's very one way and looks rusty still. He will come back in but I thought we lacked a tackling inside mid. The ball went straight through our midfield. Clark won't help that. I reckon if Bytel can't get a game with an inside mid out he looks done at the Saints IMO.
And those 5 or so games as a mid were better than what Bytel has been able to produce.

Callum Mills only played a handful of games as a mid before they decided to play him there more, same as Elliot Yeo.

Clark also gives versatility, something Bytel lacks. Unfortunately Bytel would be our 5th or 6th best mid at best, but the fact he doesn't play on the outside well means it's either mid or bench.

Only way I'd consider him right now is if Crouch also went down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back