Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
If Culley and Carmichael are taken at our pick what should we do?

Best available, target a small forward or an older midfielder?

If Culley and Carmichael are taken at our pick what should we do?

Best available, target a small forward or an older midfielder?
I'd be surprised if North take another midfielder and we won't pass anyone above us. Both won't go before ours

I'd be surprised if North take another midfielder and we won't pass anyone above us. Both won't go before ours

Let's hope WCE goes for one of the local top-ups that's been playing for them already.

Be nice to pick-up a couple of players in the MSD plus whatever we get at the end of the year to continue the aggressive list turnover.

Davey wont be going at 13 surely...

Doesn't overly matter where he goes if it's after our first but before our second. Munkara is the one we'd love to see slide down the board, but sounds like the 40s is well beyond where he'll go (unfortunately).

Doesn't overly matter where he goes if it's after our first but before our second. Munkara is the one we'd love to see slide down the board, but sounds like the 40s is well beyond where he'll go (unfortunately).
I'd be angling to move into the draft to snag him given the link and looks to fill a need.

Question will be how we do that.

Question will be how we do that.

Depends a bit where Davey falls, but might entail trading our 2022 Second out, matching a Davey bid, then trading back in to the (early) second round to grab Munkara.

Melbourne were pretty good at it while Mahoney was there so I'd hope he's got some plans

Hope we take 3 picks.

1 - Carmichael: Big mid doing well in the SANFL that could slot straight in

2 - Menzie: Small forward performing similarly well in the SANFL, could also slot straight in

3 - Kuek: A bit left field. 21 y.o. athletic freak from the WAFL that’s kicked 13 goals in 4 games. Listed at 195/73 however looks a bit bigger.

Ned Cahill has nominated for next week's draft

Now that Munkara is crystallising as a genuine first round contender, the rule change is pissing me off.

He and Mac Andrew are the guys the NGA is for, not JUH, Jones or even Brand and Eyre (all of whom were always in the system).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Munkara is crystallising as a genuine first round contender, the rule change is pissing me off.

He and Mac Andrew are the guys the NGA is for, not JUH, Jones or even Brand and Eyre (all of whom were always in the system).

Thanks Bulldogs for the JUH situation messing it up for everyone.

At least it looks like JUH is a bust.

Jones? The Port Adelaide one? Pretty sure he was F/S

Thanks Bulldogs for the JUH situation messing it up for everyone.

At least it looks like JUH is a bust.
That makes it worse in a way, the rule has been changed for a player that shouldn’t have gone that high 🤣

How much work do you think Essendon put into Munkara's development?

How much work do you think Essendon put into Munkara's development?

Munkara specifically/individually? Hard to say. I suspect nothing on account of Covid which is when it would have ramped up. Its been 2 years of no travel for anything but playing.

The Tiwi Islands? A s**t load more than anyone else has done anywhere else in Australia.

Munkara specifically/individually? Hard to say. I suspect nothing on account of Covid which is when it would have ramped up. Its been 2 years of no travel for anything but playing.

The Tiwi Islands? A s**t load more than anyone else has done anywhere else in Australia.
The bizarre thing is that all the AFL needed to do was reduce the discounts. That way clubs still get players they've invested time and money in but they pay fair value.

Zero discount for top 10. 10 per cent discount for 10-20 and 15 per cent for 20-40.

The AFL royally F***** up by not allowing each club to take one NGA inside 40 within the next decade.

Just made the rules up on the run and ****ed with clubs over and over again.

Pretty appalling how the AFL have changed the academy rules so abruptly.

Clubs should be asking for special consideration for players coming through over the next 3-5 years due to the time and resources that have already been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back