Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

#24.png

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Pretty appalling how the AFL have changed the academy rules so abruptly.

Clubs should be asking for special consideration for players coming through over the next 3-5 years due to the time and resources that have already been used.
Given the dees missed Andrew already not sure they'd be inclined. We could ask given the long standing tiwi connection. But don't like the chances

We'd need the pick to ideally be traded on the night post-davey bid.
Could trade it out and back in again... I was more interested in the hypothetical Langford for Munkara?

Langford compensation pick.... would you do it?
Nope. Look how often we break down both offensively and defensively between the arcs. Plus my entire off-season plan is centred around free agency and trading in cheap fringe players, so that would compromise any Langford compensation
Ideally we upgrade our 2nd to get ahead of a davey bid, then have collateral to trade in and draft munkara.

Add wardlaw, szybkowski, davey and munkara before the 1st rd finishes - tidy result
Only way we get 3 first rounders before a Davey bid is by trading Parish or Merrett.

And you misspelled Tsatas, how many 180 cm inside midfielders do we need to realise that it's stupid?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Nope. Look how often we break down both offensively and defensively between the arcs. Plus my entire off-season plan is centred around free agency and trading in cheap fringe players, so that would compromise any Langford compensation

Only way we get 3 first rounders before a Davey bid is by trading Parish or Merrett.

And you misspelled Tsatas, how many 180 cm inside midfielders do we need to realise that it's stupid?
Hence szybkowski :p
Tsatas perfectly fine too. Just get competitive mids in.

I reckon we could get ahead of a davey bid with shiel + 2nd. It would be mid teens so davey needs to slow down now.

Hence szybkowski :p
Tsatas perfectly fine too. Just get competitive mids in.

I reckon we could get ahead of a davey bid with shiel + 2nd. It would be mid teens so davey needs to slow down now.
Yeah, we could possibly get one. Not two.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

We've asked this for 10 years of ourselves.. Stupid doesn't even comprehend what we do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 of eDPS top 20 in his power rankings are KPP's, if this doesn't yell at us to take one with our first then we really are stupid.
I'm happy to hold off on KPP's. Jones is a gun if we get his body right, Wright is playing really well and has a long time left, Baldwin is showing plenty in the VFL and we have a ruck combo still developing.
Oh, i meant one

Our pick - tsatas
Shiel pick - szybkowski
Match davey bid
Trade in and draft munkara. (This i dont know how we do).
You get Szybkowski or Munkara. Not both, unless we trade Merrett or Parish. Which I'm not averse to doing.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I'm happy to hold off on KPP's. Jones is a gun if we get his body right, Wright is playing really well and has a long time left, Baldwin is showing plenty in the VFL and we have a ruck combo still developing.

You get Szybkowski or Munkara. Not both, unless we trade Merrett or Parish. Which I'm not averse to doing.
Easy pick - find the mid (or two) we need via MSD or via a trade, then munkara. Fwd line is really suffering with a lack of goal threats.
So much so I'd almost go sheezel at our first

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
There is no way that any pick we get for Shiel is going to be high enough to get Szybkowski
Shiel + 2nd, but I'm getting that feel too with the draft boards.

Either way I still try trade up ahead of a davey bid for whoever is on the board. Pick will get impacted and I think this is the last chance we get to recoup any meaningful value from shiel

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

your opinion is your prerogative, I disagree and I am fine with that. I still feel like a genuine KPF (198+) is what we need to look at developing for the future.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
your opinion is your prerogative, I disagree and I am fine with that. I still feel like a genuine KPF (198+) is what we need to look at developing for the future.
Agree but i think we need someone more mature than an 18yo. Have jones, baldwin, eyre, mcbride all developing.

Extremely limited at all other things but is a pure out and out key forward - fogarty?
Let wright roam. Keep him deep. No midfield experiments. Just key forward

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Either way I still try trade up ahead of a davey bid for whoever is on the board. Pick will get impacted and I think this is the last chance we get to recoup any meaningful value from shiel
I dont know how much clearer in can repeat this.

Teams are not handing over a first round pick in any - and I mean ANY trade - for Shiel, period.

The deal we get for him will be, at best, a Dan Hannebery deal which was St Kilda’s 2019 second-round pick and pick 39 in 2018 in exchange for Sydney’s pick 28 in 2018 and Hannebery. And Hannebery was a three time AA mid.

To think a team is going to give over a first round pick is not realistic, regardless of how many picks you want to bundle up with him.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Agree but i think we need someone more mature than an 18yo. Have jones, baldwin, eyre, mcbride all developing.

Extremely limited at all other things but is a pure out and out key forward - fogarty?
Let wright roam. Keep him deep. No midfield experiments. Just key forward
I have been very vocal about a key forward, it doesn't necessarily need to be a 2022 draft fix but I wouldn't mind us looking at one in '22 or '23.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I dont know how much clearer in can repeat this.

Teams are not handing over a first round pick in any - and I mean ANY trade - for Shiel, period.

The deal we get for him will be, at best, a Dan Hannebery deal which was St Kilda’s 2019 second-round pick and pick 39 in 2018 in exchange for Sydney’s pick 28 in 2018 and Hannebery. And Hannebery was a three time AA mid.

To think a team is going to give over a first round pick is not realistic, regardless of how many picks you want to bundle up with him.

Shiel is 29, his flaws have been put on full show the last month and should his form get better, we likely hold anyway.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I have been very vocal about a key forward, it doesn't necessarily need to be a 2022 draft fix but I wouldn't mind us looking at one in '22 or '23.
Same page
Banged on about lynch when he left GCS.
We've lacked a strong 1-2 punch outside hooker-daniher in 2017. Never really got to see that again

Same page
Banged on about lynch when he left GCS.
We've lacked a strong 1-2 punch outside hooker-daniher in 2017. Never really got to see that again
We were never getting Lynch. Never. Why would he go to Essendon when Richmond were able to offer more money and were the best team in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back