Preview Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 29th May, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A win papers over the cracks. If Adelaide kicked straight, we were done by halftime.

In s**t form and winning is what good teams do (like us). Pushing for improvement is what the great teams do

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah nah.

People get hung up about accuracy and repeat inside 50's but if you kick a behind it increases your chances of keeping in your forward half. Do it a couple of times and it becomes even more difficult to get the ball out of defence.

Kick a goal the first time and it goes back to centre square and its a 50/50 contest or 60/40 our way based on Centre Clearance stats on Saturday night.

In: Clark Highmore
Out: NWM Webster

Byrnes and Owens must be very close and also wouldn't be surprised to see Butler in. Selection will be very interesting.

I think i agree with this. Minimal changes are best but these ins/outs i agree with. Rewarding Highmore's form, Clark must come in after blowing out some cobwebs.

Billings won't get dropped but I would prefer he did before Sharman or Long. Pretty poor night in Adelaide but he deserves another game to prove himself.

Wood has been very good but he's not best 22 and will need to come out for someone eventually. Just not sure who this week.

Would love Owens to get a pressure forward role with Long while Higgins and Butler are out. Imagine those two smashing into you for 4 quarters!

Ratts was at the Sandy game.. decisions decisions

9bc374cf4bd36ea12cbe39dd151ddbd6.jpg

Lienert was very good, defensively and on the rebound. Would bring in for Webster.

Clark looks rusty but still a cut above…did a lot of cutesy handballs that would infuriate supporters if they didn’t come off. But still needs to be brought in asap, and I think a game against North is a perfect chance to shake off the cobwebs.

I think Byrnes is clearly next best performed after those 2 but his possessions don’t seem to hurt. Give me 7 from Naz over 15 from Byrnes.

Butler was energetic and good pressure wise. Still doesn’t look as lethal around goal as he did in 2020. Don’t think we’re losing too much with Windhager in that role. Happy to stay with Windy.

Owens is high energy but still needs time in the VFL in my opinion.

Bytel was good but disappointing. I always hope he would dominate a little more at VFL level.

Thought Joyce was decent. If Howard or Battle needed managing he could fill a hole.

Nobody else is really rattling the cage for a call up.

In: Lienert, Clark, Higgins
Out: Webster, Naz, Sharman

Last edited:
I'm worried about the tendency to be too Max centric. Everyone loves seeing him clunking marks and kicking bags, but we need to lower our eyes and take the best option. That will make our forwardline more dangerous than if we just bomb it to Max every time
Agreed. Nothing feels better than watching Max kick bags, but we do need more diversity in the F50

Out - NWM, Sharman
In - Clark, Butler

Thought we had too many outside mids with NWM being the weakest performer and Clark looks right to come back in. He will bring more balance to the midfield. JB then spends more time in the wing like he did against Geelong.

I dont think a 4th tall adds anything but we were terrible at ground level. 4 tackles inside 50 is woeful and won't get away with that little pressure up forward again. We were bit lucky King played as well as he did but if it was a game were he wasn't dominating, the lack of a threatening small forward would have cost us. Butler had an almost game in the VFL but we dont have anyone better at that forward pressure.

The other potential change would be Highmore in for someone - likely one of Webster or Paton. We seem to want the backline to be settled this season so hard to see us making a change in that area, especially when Highmore would change the overall structure and balance between talls and smalls back there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most on here are saying we need an inside beast , what we need is a mid who can also kick a goal and take some pressure off Max, that person is owens , people who keep saying bytel is a beast, really he is 10 kg lighter than Steele and maybe a beast one day but isn't yet .
I was on Byrnes waggon years ago and was pumping him up but at that time he was the best talent we had as a potential mid at the time but IMO we were kissed on the d1ck this year and managed to draft some amazing kids who IMO are all going to be 10 year players , young Max included.
Clark has class but I'd really make him earn his spot back instead of giving it to him , IMO owens has been better and deserves another go, if hunter is as good as a lot believe he gets 35-40 touches and does something with them.
As somewhat of a chad Mitchito enjoyer myself, I agree with this statement.

I'd love Higgins to fill his boots but we should take the cautious approach.

NWM out for Byrnes
Windhager out for Clark
Long out for Owens

Really want Highmore in but our back 6 are gelled so I don't want to tamper with it.
There is absolutely zero percent chance that Long gets dropped on current form. Extraordinary thinking.

My changes would be

Out: Wangmil, Webster, Long
In: Clark, Lienert, Butler

Would like to reward Highmore's form but Lienert's disposal gets him the nod instead. Webster was ordinary and could have cost us the game with his moronic act to give away 50 so he has to go. Long was largely invisible and had more free kicks against than disposals for most of the match. Butler a bit lucky but we need his forward pressure. Wangmil looks tired and Clark needs to play. Give Higgins some time off and let him completely recover.

There is absolutely zero percent chance that Long gets dropped on current form. Extraordinary thinking.

Bytel, Byrnes, Owens & Highmore all knocking the door down at VFL level.

Clark & Higgins clear best 22. Possibly Butler as well but his form hasn't been great.

Long has had a good start to the season but 4 touches, 1 tackle & ZERO score from a small/pressure forward isn't good enough.

Bytel, Byrnes, Owens & Highmore all knocking the door down at VFL level.

Clark & Higgins clear best 22. Possibly Butler as well but his form hasn't been great.

Long has had a good start to the season but 4 touches, 1 tackle & ZERO score from a small/pressure forward isn't good enough.

Has some runs on the board this season. Can't see him going out at this stage.

I mistakenly thought he went ok while watching the game... looking at it again, he was poor, but doesn't deserve to be dropped yet.

9bc374cf4bd36ea12cbe39dd151ddbd6.jpg

Lienert was very good, defensively and on the rebound. Would bring in for Webster.

Clark looks rusty but still a cut above…did a lot of cutesy handballs that would infuriate supporters if they didn’t come off. But still needs to be brought in asap, and I think a game against North is a perfect chance to shake off the cobwebs.

I think Byrnes is clearly next best performed after those 2 but his possessions don’t seem to hurt. Give me 7 from Naz over 15 from Byrnes.

Butler was energetic and good pressure wise. Still doesn’t look as lethal around goal as he did in 2020. Don’t think we’re losing too much with Windhager in that role. Happy to stay with Windy.

Owens is high energy but still needs time in the VFL in my opinion.

Bytel was good but disappointing. I always hope he would dominate a little more at VFL level.

Thought Joyce was decent. If Howard or Battle needed managing he could fill a hole.

Nobody else is really rattling the cage for a call up.

In: Lienert, Clark, Higgins
Out: Webster, Naz, Sharman

Highmore probably better than Byrnes even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back