News 2022 Injuries, Suspensions, Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the C against his name this w/end, which turned out quite nicely. However, Mills against Richmond and this week's welcome addition Walsh
( sideways from Cripps), against my 'pies, loom as possible huge returns.
Love it when people back themselves in on a 'sideways'. Cripps' role has been a touch different with Mr Worldwide out and Walsh seemingly doesn't even need a heap of CBAs to churn out captainable scores. Interesting one 👍

Love it when people back themselves in on a 'sideways'. Cripps' role has been a touch different with Mr Worldwide out and Walsh seemingly doesn't even need a heap of CBAs to churn out captainable scores. Interesting one 👍
I've used three trades on Cripps already ain't no way I'm trading him OUT again

Good for Stephens?

Luv the way Geelong always treat an injury as a super secret squirrel event. You'd swear they think the comp will grab an advantage if the truth is out there.

Update for the City of Geelong.
Noone gives a s**t about Dangerfraud anymore.
The cooked old fella can play this week or be out for 3 months, and noone will give a rats arse. Be lucky if its even reported.

Just give the young talent a proper run and stop relying on geriatrics.

I need to improve my output by about 60 points a round to make ground on the leaders. That ain't gonna happen at this stage with a midfield full of high ownership and Cripps for Walsh is the one I have identified as my most likely source of points differential, along with Mills and Laird, both of whom I already have.

Finishing 253rd or finishing 5253rd amounts to the same thing - not winning.

I need to improve my output by about 60 points a round to make ground on the leaders. That ain't gonna happen at this stage with a midfield full of high ownership and Cripps for Walsh is the one I have identified as my most likely source of points differential, along with Mills and Laird, both of whom I already have.

Love this approach <3

Neale to Lyons is really big testicle stuff.

I still think there are many ways to create that point difference. Going early on someone like Martin to D.Cameron two weeks ago like many did would have created a 102 point difference over someone with Martin on field. That’s already 51 points per week that you’re trying to make up. Most of the top teams probably are fielding one of SDK or McCartin, maybe we say screw it and get rid of them to get a top premium. The premium scores 120 whilst they have a bad game and score 50. There’s your 70 points made up. Maybe you still have Daicos, Clark someone on field that you can use this trade to work towards upgrading to make that difference.

Obviously a lot of what ifs but as someone in a pretty similar spot to you that’s how I’m trying to claw back into it. Honestly, I don’t mind the trade but just giving a differing perspective. If Cripps is literally the only point of difference you see in making up ground, then do it. I’m waiting another week before considering it given their byes. I reckon Cripps didn’t even play that badly against GWS, just a bit sloppy and gave away some free kicks. Against Swans he was considerably down on his output but it was obvious the Swans were giving him serious attention.

I still think there are many ways to create that point difference. Going early on someone like Martin to D.Cameron two weeks ago like many did would have created a 102 point difference over someone with Martin on field. That’s already 51 points per week that you’re trying to make up. Most of the top teams probably are fielding one of SDK or McCartin, maybe we say screw it and get rid of them to get a top premium. The premium scores 120 whilst they have a bad game and score 50. There’s your 70 points made up. Maybe you still have Daicos, Clark someone on field that you can use this trade to work towards upgrading to make that difference.

Obviously a lot of what ifs but as someone in a pretty similar spot to you that’s how I’m trying to claw back into it. Honestly, I don’t mind the trade but just giving a differing perspective. If Cripps is literally the only point of difference you see in making up ground, then do it. I’m waiting another week before considering it given their byes. I reckon Cripps didn’t even play that badly against GWS, just a bit sloppy and gave away some free kicks. Against Swans he was considerably down on his output but it was obvious the Swans were giving him serious attention.
I did the Cameron thing and it has certainly had an impact. Here is the team, open to suggestions. I am def. considering the SDK/Paddy thing again. I really want to keep them for all the obvious reasons, but their cash is becoming a huge millstone.

1653357485249.png

I did the Cameron thing and it has certainly had an impact. Here is the team, open to suggestions. I am def. considering the SDK/Paddy thing again. I really want to keep them for all the obvious reasons, but their cash is becoming a huge millstone.

View attachment 1407793
You have done very well considering there is no Preuss in your team.

Completely agree with your philosophy. Time to go for broke. Go hard or go home. I was in a similar position this time last year where I was 64 overall after around 14. It all blew up in my face in the second half of the season (ran out of trades after round 20) but I had no regrets. You don't win anything by playing safe.

View attachment 1407793

You could go with no trades .
Wait till round 14 and turn SDK and paddy into a rookie and Bont .

No pressing issues .

And team is smoking .

the mask GIF
the mask smoking GIF

View attachment 1407793

F@rk that's an amazing team kentie, well done.

Luv the way Geelong always treat an injury as a super secret squirrel event. You'd swear they think the comp will grab an advantage if the truth is out there.

Update for the City of Geelong.
Noone gives a s**t about Dangerfraud anymore.
The cooked old fella can play this week or be out for 3 months, and noone will give a rats arse. Be lucky if its even reported.

Just give the young talent a proper run and stop relying on geriatrics.

Fair call this we are a bit too cute by half at times. Danger looks done for sure, you can tell as we aren't really missing all that much when he's out. A few years ago that would have been scandalous. If this means guys like Stephens or Knevitt get a run I'm all for it. You just can't see Danger running out 22 anymore. Even Sel looks more durable. I'm genuinely more interested in when Holmes can return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1407793
Really nice team.
Do it I say.
I may do it myself if Cripps is rucking again this weekend.

Wait a week and go Cripps - Titch. Big Chol move.

You could go with no trades .
Wait till round 14 and turn SDK and paddy into a rookie and Bont .

No pressing issues .

And team is smoking .

the mask GIF
the mask smoking GIF
That's another perspective to consider, for sure. I do have to trade into R13, currently only have 16 onfield, but that aside, I have to consider your suggestion.
The side does look good on paper and it has gotten me into an attacking position, but I am 700 points behind the leading pack and losing a bit more ground each week for the last 3 weeks.

Am I over-thinking that gap too much, too soon, maybe?

You have done very well considering there is no Preuss in your team.

Completely agree with your philosophy. Time to go for broke. Go hard or go home. I was in a similar position this time last year where I was 64 overall after around 14. It all blew up in my face in the second half of the season (ran out of trades after round 20) but I had no regrets. You don't win anything by playing safe.
The irony is that I had Preuss originally and then after Leon didn't pick him for rd 2, I rage traded him to Witts. When he came back in, Hayes was pootling along nicely at R3/F6 and the ship duly sailed.

That's another perspective to consider, for sure. I do have to trade into R13, currently only have 16 onfield, but that aside, I have to consider your suggestion.
The side does look good on paper and it has gotten me into an attacking position, but I am 700 points behind the leading pack and losing a bit more ground each week for the last 3 weeks.

You could probably assume all the teams you are in contention with are almost complete or complete already.
Doing an upgrade this week. or at the stage they are sidewaysing.
Factor that in to your decision.
Are you improving your team by the most you can with this weeks trades?
I think you probably are.
Pittonet could be out for over a month minimum.
Cripps sucks as a relief ruck because he is expending more energy than he would as a mid.
He then goes and rests like he normally does and his scoring drops off.
Walsh is a jet.

View attachment 1407793

Just do it.
The worst feeling is the feeling of I should have, I could have, but I didn't.

Back your instincts and see how it goes - GL

do it jewish GIF

While your in this position you might aswell have a crack at it..

Back ya guts ..
Go kentie go .
Toot toot.

Darcy Cameron Owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back