Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It really was a piss take how soon after their goals we kept scoring lol
Imagine being at the last home game and being unable to celebrate every goal in a 5-1 drubbing. We did that to them

Imagine being at the last home game and being unable to celebrate every goal in a 5-1 drubbing. We did that to them
It's truly remarkable lol

As the white bald bloke on AFTV said, we gave it to them in a way that we haven't since the 80s. And I have to agree. Sure it's been 6 straight years we've finished ahead of them. But I've never felt so at ease with our XI v their XI on a football pitch as I did in the last NLD. Even with a late out of Romero which was a scare we were like a cat toying with a mouse.

Look at the difference between the two managers. No contest
Look at the difference between the clubs top 3 players. Kane-Son-Romero vs who? Saka-Odegaard-Partey? Seriously. No contest.

Seems a touch subdued but i imagine we all wait with baited breath on whether we back conte.
We now have the platform to give Conte what he wants. Finishing top 4 is a miracle like Conte said. He took over a side mid season, tried to implement Conte-ball tactics to a side 18th for chances created and 20th for distance covered, worked with 16 regular starters for the final 5 months. The job he has done so far is amazing.

Give him a pre-season with his trusted 16 + sign 6-7 players to round out the squad and I think we should be aiming for an extra 7-10 points. Where that lands us is out of our control. But target 80 points and give the domestic cups a serious go. We've shown we have the tactics and personal to match the top 2, our problem will be the other 34 league games compared to the ease which they pick up their points.

Eric with some shots fired
283237720_427615639366217_8270543994857750489_n.jpg

From that list - Bastoni, JWP, Eriksen & Bremer pls
Also, Dumfries & Cucurella :)
Forster, Spence, JWP, Sterling surely all on the list because we need HG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forster, Spence, JWP, Sterling surely all on the list because we need HG.
Spence I'd take as backup to Dumfries and cut two of Royal, Tang or Doherty. Haven't really seen the kid play, but have liked Dumfries' form at Inter. Has the wares to be as good as Walker.
JWP I like. He's solid as a CM and a free kick gun. Eriksen much the same. good rotation for Bentancur.

CF/wing im interested to see how we go. Zaniolo has long been linked. Depay was for a bit. Sterling feels like a good upgrade on Bergy, but is he going to come and sit behind Kulu/Son. We don't really pay that much. Damsgaard has been quiet since the WC. gets another chance later in the year though. One to watch (or go the loan w/option route)

LWB seems a bit at sea. ? on Reg. Links to Cucurella (also linked with City, so there goes that likely).
Hickey has been solid on the few Bologna games I've caught (sadly no chance to get over this year to try and catch one or two in person)

Can’t see us affording Sterling’s wages, would be a good get (assuming he can find a place to start, but signing him could change our whole wage structure. He wouldn’t get paid more than Kane but the guys below would start asking questions.

With the questionable starting position and disruption wages wise , I’m not sure he’d worth it. Right player , is definitely worth a shake though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy with all those targets apart from Forster as a number 2. Forster as a number 3 with a coaching role, I'm all for. Anyone getting dropped for Alex McCarthy isn't good enough to be Lloris backup

Spence I'd take as backup to Dumfries and cut two of Royal, Tang or Doherty. Haven't really seen the kid play, but have liked Dumfries' form at Inter. Has the wares to be as good as Walker.
JWP I like. He's solid as a CM and a free kick gun. Eriksen much the same. good rotation for Bentancur.

CF/wing im interested to see how we go. Zaniolo has long been linked. Depay was for a bit. Sterling feels like a good upgrade on Bergy, but is he going to come and sit behind Kulu/Son. We don't really pay that much. Damsgaard has been quiet since the WC. gets another chance later in the year though. One to watch (or go the loan w/option route)

LWB seems a bit at sea. ? on Reg. Links to Cucurella (also linked with City, so there goes that likely).
Hickey has been solid on the few Bologna games I've caught (sadly no chance to get over this year to try and catch one or two in person)
Home grown will be a serious issue this summer. Dele gone in January. Winks likely to leave. Tanganga and Rodon apparently to leave (loan and sale).
Means that Doherty is likely to stay and Royal to be moved on is what's being reported.

Everything sounds different to previous managers, seasons and era's. We are going all in on Conte it seems.
Reports that we're even going to forgo Levy's usual plan to buy late to try and make it cheaper. Trying to get things done before pre-season in July.

Utter bullshit. Better than White, Coady and Maguire.

Why is Royal always talked up as not being wanted?

I don't get it, the kid can play, just needs time to mature
This is a testament to Conte as a coach, working with guys that he wants to replace and making them better. The Athletic reporting that he wants to upgrade LCB.. Yet he has still made Davies a bloody good defender this season. Wants to upgrade at RWB yet has made Royal and Doherty better in the process, and Doherty the more likely to retained as he is HG which we need. Sadly. As I do agree Royal needs time. Would loan him.

Has got the CM ticking yet Athletic reporting that he wants to upgrade Hojbjerg.. Who has played 101 Spurs games in 2 seasons.
Our wing back weak link IMO is Reguilon. Would happily let RM take him back and upgrade him. Perisic for a season or 2 could do a job, knows Conte well as well.

I cannot believe though that the penny has finally dropped. Conte has managed (by all reports) with Paratici to get Levy to abandon his principles on old players, buying late in the window and looking for bargains. If we get to July and most of the pieces of the puzzle are purchased then kudos to Conte for being at a managerial level that Levy simply has to back down and write cheques.

Reports today that we're not triggering Kulusevski this summer for 30m euro (obligation given we made UCL) but will instead wait until next summer to get for 40m euro. Clearly need to offset that cash another 12 months to be able to back Conte in other areas.

Forster and JWP I'd be very happy with for HGs

And yep, Dier not making the England squad a joke

That surprised me.

Dier was massive this year, back to his best and looks a real leader. Hopefully can still make their world cup squad with some good early form next season.

Shits on White and obviously Maguire just gets auto selected despite being awful all season. Coady I actually like at least.

Official.

bring on that transfer window,love how open the club is being about our intention.

plus we'll get those delicious aftv melts about how we spent money and they didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back