2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

nonsense - last election was a freak result. the tide will turn make to make the parliament more balanced as traditional libs return home

*and as said before, any teals will target blue seats held by the alp like hawthorn
Not sure about that. If the feds starting giving Dan a better deal by splashing a bit of cash then the election is done.

If the feds say they will pay (help) for the North East link then what are the Libs going to piss and moan about - east-west link is about to finally die for good.

Have to link this post from the Port politics thread. Salty Coalition/OAP supporters whining about the 'teal' independents and not understanding a single thing about it:

FFS.

We have just seen tens of thousands of voters who have voted Liberal all their lives switching to candidates who want more action on climate change and greater respect for women.

And still the idiot right don't get it. Blaming it on the 'elites'. Oh the irony!
Tell them to read this - it is brilliant (and brutal)

Im asking people here, not politicians. They always take the credit for good and blame others for bad.

Does Labor get the entire 1st term to screw up and its all Liberals and Murdoch at fault?

Or just the 1st year?

Or will they never be to blame and its always someone else ?
Considering the gross debt is tipped to exceed $1,134 billion by mid 2024 based on the most recent Budget review, if the ALP enacted legislation today to begin turning things around how long do you think it would take?

Net debt is expected to be $729 billion—or 34.2% of GDP—at 30 June 2022 and peak at $981 billion or 40.9% of GDP in 2024–25 (Table 11.4, p. 364–5). Net debt is then projected to fall over the medium term to 37% of GDP at 30 June 2032 (p. 203).

Australia’s forecast debt levels are slightly lower than what was projected in the 2020–21 Budget, which forecast gross debt to reach $1,138 billion by 30 June 2024, compared to $1,134 billion for the same period, in this Budget.

This guy is one of the biggest campaigners in Australian political history.

'Nationals Senator Matt Canavan says he’s not going to budge in his fight against net zero and “doesn’t care” about whether it might lead to becoming isolated within his own party on the matter.

“Absolutely not going to budge – I’m going to actually double down on my fight against net zero,” he told Sky News Australia.

“This thing is destroying the world.” '

Considering the gross debt is tipped to exceed $1,134 billion by mid 2024 based on the most recent Budget review, if the ALP enacted legislation today to begin turning things around how long do you think it would take?

So the peak will be just under $1 trillion. Do you know how much $700b of that debt actually costs?

Not sure about that. If the feds starting giving Dan a better deal by splashing a bit of cash then the election is done.

If the feds say they will pay (help) for the North East link then what are the Libs going to piss and moan about - east-west link is about to finally die for good.

in fairness, any budget changes will be cutting costs outside of aged care, the ndis, and health

we have a recession coming - and victoria will have to wait until some time for any rebalance

I’m not at all disappointed about this complete lack of self awareness. It’s what got the Liberals in this mess and if they can’t learn they’ll become less and less relevant. Jane Hume for deputy opposition leader for me.

It's the same thing that happened after they lost in 2010 - they blamed the communication of their "message" rather than looking at the message itself. Can't blame them I guess because they won the next 3 elections after that. Hopefully the electorate has woken up a bit to their BS this time and losing key seats to independents will hurt them long term.

'Nationals Senator Matt Canavan says he’s not going to budge in his fight against net zero and “doesn’t care” about whether it might lead to becoming isolated within his own party on the matter.

“Absolutely not going to budge – I’m going to actually double down on my fight against net zero,” he told Sky News Australia.

Good.

As long as they have people like Canavan agitating for stuff like this they are entirely unelectable.

Hopefully in three years time Australia has some sort of vision about what the possibilities of net zero might create.

Let him, who cares what he says or does now? He's irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rotten rupe has no interest in real journalism. there’s money 2 b made from throwing out sucker bait 2 the credulous, the racists, the nationalists, the uneducated, & those who r just plain dense. it’s a sad state of affairs but trumpists r 2 b seen everywhere in oz.

t h i s

What defines a 'trumpist' in Australia ? I did see a guy wearing a red cap Leyton Hewitt style.

It’ll be something like climate action mandate =76 ALP + 3grn + 8 ‘teal’ total 87 handy majority which may overcome any tardiness in the senate by threatened joint sitting, which was where Rudd got brought down but I think he thought the libs would come to the table

I'm old enough to remember when the Costello media was saying the ALP were running a small-target campaign with very few policies and moaning about not enough cash splashes to report (one week ago). Now, all of a sudden, they've promised a lot!?!?!

View attachment 1407818

Does NINE only have one point of view politically?
E.g they ran different cartoons in the NSW/Vic papers during the lockdowns.

Does NINE only have one point of view politically?
E.g they ran different cartoons in the NSW/Vic papers during the lockdowns.
Each paper still has their own cartoonist as the cartoons also reflect state events and not just national.

Tell them to read this - it is brilliant (and brutal)

Thanks. None so blind as those that will not see. It really seems to have been LNP policy to demonise professional women. I thought this comment was good:

"The air on Saturday night was thick and feathery with chickens coming home to roost."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back