Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully WC take Florenca. Their need for a mid is pretty high.

But their recruiting team loves key forwards…

Going to be interesting. I wasn't a fan of the MSD when the AFL suggested it but it's really added some interest for me to the season.

Hopefully Derkson or someone relevant to our needs and equally as good can last to our pick.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
One thing I’ve said is that I thought I saw a trend of clubs going local last year. Let’s look at where they didn’t.

3. Collingwood - Johnson (Sturt, via Halls Creek)
4. Adelaide - Parnell (Murray)
5. Gold Coast - Moyle (Oakleigh)
10. Richmond - Parker (South Freo, previously at St Kilda)
14. Brisbane - Lane (Claremont, via Denmark-Walpole)
17. Hawthorn - Callow (Norwood, via Tasmania)
21. St Kilda - Sharman (WWT, via Oakleigh)

All country kids bar Moyle. All bar Parnell and Moyle had already relocated previously.

22 players were taken

Derksen has already relocated twice.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Unless we are going for Jackson which forward do we want to draft this season?

1. Tom Scully (KPF)
7 games, 37 goals @ 80% accuracy , avg 12 disp

2. Anthony Munkara (Small Forward)
2 games, 6 goals @ 86% accuracy, avg 11 disp
He starred in the AFL academy game on the weekend but can't find any stats on it.

3. Chase Bourne (Small Forward)
4 games, 5 goals @71% accuracy, avg 12.5 disp

Scully was outside top 10 but now moved into second place for April power rankings so probably out of our 'league'.

Last edited:

JammoMonty

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
You would trade Zurharr > Lobb and Logue

Glad you’re not list manager.

Based on positional needs across the competition. Lobb and Logue would fetch a higher draft pick individually than Zurharr. I could handle a swap with Lobb but we would need a sweetener. North would basically have zero interest in Lobb after picking Coleman-Jones last trade period and it would need to be a three-club trade with draft pick swaps. Just because Lobb struggled in the extreme wet slippery conditions the past two weeks doesn’t mean he isn’t any good. He has had a pretty decent season so far.

Zurharr from my perspective would be around 2nd round draft pick. You are seriously over rating Zurharr.
You haven’t picked up on the sarcasm obviously. Would trade Lobb for Zurharr…as for Logue I think most on here know my thoughts on him.

Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
He was cagey about talking about contact from WC and us! Clearly been told not to let anything out.
I listened to that and have to admit I have always liked Derksen watching the peel games and now listening to him, he sounds very well grounded, a young father ,who wants to settle down and have an AFL career. He said that he had his height measured because all the talk about him having grown 12 cm within a few years and he said his height is now 196cm. With the long term injury to Amiss ,it is a must to grab him because I think he has enormous upside and only 20 years of age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I listened to that and have to admit I have always liked Derksen watching the peel games and now listening to him, he sounds very well grounded, a young father ,who wants to settle down and have an AFL career. He said that he had his height measured because all the talk about him having grown 12 cm within a few years and he said his height is now 196cm. With the long term injury to Amiss ,it is a must to grab him because I think he has enormous upside and only 20 years of age.

I doubt he lasts to us. He did a good promo job in that interview.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You haven’t picked up on the sarcasm obviously. Would trade Lobb for Zurharr…as for Logue I think most on here know my thoughts on him.

I don’t think Lobb will be worth much tbh.

We missed that opportunity as we didn’t have enough time in trade week to find a suitable replacement.

Lobb will effectively be a salary dump if we get a big name to replace. We’ll need his salary gone and clubs will know it. We won’t be able to play the required player card.

If we can play the required player card a second rounder from a team in contention might be as good as we’ll get.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry what pick will we have in the MSD? 6/7?

It’ll be after 10. Probably around 12-14.

More spots could open up for the MSD. Even with Amiss I wouldn’t be surprised if a second spot opens up for us. I think last year probably shows we’d be unlikely to use two picks though.

Ask me again this time next week (tbh it’ll be easy to know by looking at the afl website then so maybe not).

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well the question was who would you select in a true lockdown role.

If you’re selecting Logue ahead of Pearce you must like pain.
Plus literally anyone in the AFL offers more offensively than Pearce. Who offers less??
Oh, yes, Pearce is a better 1 on 1 defender but if we picked on that metric Ethan Hughes would be playing.

I don't think pure lockdown defender exists as a role. Team defence is more effective and you have essentially failed if the opponent creates a 1 on 1 regardless of the outcome.

There isn't a single position on the field I would tolerate skills or athleticism that are a complete liability. It doesn't suit the modern game.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh, yes, Pearce is a better 1 on 1 defender but if we picked on that metric Ethan Hughes would be playing.

I don't think pure lockdown defender exists as a role. Team defence is more effective and you have essentially failed if the opponent creates a 1 on 1 regardless of the outcome.

There isn't a single position on the field I would tolerate skills or athleticism that are a complete liability. It doesn't suit the modern game.
Well who would you select in order from Pearce, Logue and Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back