MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions and Carlton the only challengers? Don’t rate the Saints as a decent top 4 side, talent is too shallow. Freo system faltering. Cats haven’t gone away but I find it hard to consider them a real challenger again.

Lions and Carlton the only challengers? Don’t rate the Saints as a decent top 4 side, talent is too shallow. Freo system faltering. Cats haven’t gone away but I find it hard to consider them a real challenger again.
Anything can happen but I think Carlton are a year off being a serious challenger.

They remind me a little of Melbourne a few years ago: elite talent but I'm not sure about the bottom of their 22 and their depth.
At least Petracca, Gawn, Viney, Oliver etc. experienced finals in 2018, would be a massive ask for Carlton to make a grand final in their first finals series for 100 years.

Unless something catastrophic happens I can't see us missing the grand final, no idea who it will be against though. Lions most likely but it wouldn't surprise me if a club like Richmond or St Kilda managed to make it.

Blues and Lions hey! Still think Carlton are our main threat. They have the contested beasts that can match ours and a forward combo that can be worrying. Fitness and a shaky backline make them gettable though. Lions I think are a good side, but I feel we have their measure. I want to see them with Daniher, Mcstay and Hipwood in the F50, but I'm not sure they have the pace to go with us over 4 quarters. I've also said the Magpies are a danger team for us also. Elliott is a massive in for them. Not sure if they will make finals or not, but they are a side that can push us I reckon.

Anything can happen but I think Carlton are a year off being a serious challenger.

They remind me a little of Melbourne a few years ago: elite talent but I'm not sure about the bottom of their 22 and their depth.
At least Petracca, Gawn, Viney, Oliver etc. experienced finals in 2018, would be a massive ask for Carlton to make a grand final in their first finals series for 100 years.

Unless something catastrophic happens I can't see us missing the grand final, no idea who it will be against though. Lions most likely but it wouldn't surprise me if a club like Richmond or St Kilda managed to make it.
Think they have better book ends than us in 2018 and Cripps is in his prime now, we had Oliver/Trac up and coming.

Think they have better book ends than us in 2018 and Cripps is in his prime now, we had Oliver/Trac up and coming.
Yeah of course, their current side is closer than we were in 2018.

I still think experience will be a factor for them this year.

Yeah of course, their current side is closer than we were in 2018.

I still think experience will be a factor for them this year.
Maybe, dogs and cats had way more experience than us last year in finals and didn't help them at all.
Carlton aren't ready because they only have one gear. Pound teams with clearance and contested marking but they can't soak up momentum the other way.

One of me favourite dumb campaigner narratives floating around is how Richmond have re invigorated with a young list. They had 19 premiership players against Essendon.
It's the Hawks 2018 "1 year rebuild" all over again.

One of me favourite dumb campaigner narratives floating around is how Richmond have re invigorated with a young list. They had 19 premiership players against Essendon.
Average age of the Richmond team against Essendon - pushing towards 28.

Exactly the same average age as the Geelong team fielded against Port on the weekend.

Couldn't be any less worried about the tigers this year. If they sneak into a granny they'll lose by 80
I’d be gobsmacked if they even made a prelim. Media always pumping them up to keep their big bandwagon rolling. The whole media were scared to write them off too early last year but then it just dragged on even when it had become clear around mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves talking about grand finals etc.
Just asking for trouble.

That curse is broken, others and my good self said wed absolutely flog the Dogs before last years granny on here and we did. Get as cocky as you like mate, the coast is clear, #FistedForever cant hurt you now.

I think the media refer to it that way because Short, Ross, Bolton, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Rioli x 2, Gibcus, Graham and Castagna are between 19-26 years old and the positional changes with Short playing mid, D.Rioli HB, Bolton more mid time, Balta swingman role and Baker can play anywhere. If the older group can play some good footy finals is a funny thing but the most pleasing is Bolton, Rioli, Short and Baker would be in the top 5 for the B & F and are now the driving force behind it.

With the way you guys are playing right now and teams like Carlton and St K a prelim or GF appearance seems a long way off.

I remember when we used to do s**t like this...

North Melbourne insisted it did not punish Horne-Francis by standing him down for the Power match, saying he was legitimately sore and due for a rest anyway given his heavy workload.

....scared of losing quality players so make up excuses for them. Tail wagging the dog. He should absolutely be punished for that. Speaks of the how bad his relationship is with the club that he didnt even bother asking them.

I remember when we used to do s**t like this...

North Melbourne insisted it did not punish Horne-Francis by standing him down for the Power match, saying he was legitimately sore and due for a rest anyway given his heavy workload.

....scared of losing quality players so make up excuses for them. Tail wagging the dog. He should absolutely be punished for that. Speaks of the how bad his relationship is with the club that he didnt even bother asking them.
How long til the players cancel a training session cause they don't feel like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back