Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Taylor do we get compo from the AFL if we permanently lose a top ten pick to injury in the first year?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good one.

There have been players who have lacerated their kidney and played again, there was a player at Geelong who had one removed and played on with a guard.

Let's not just to conclusions

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taylor do we get compo from the AFL if we permanently lose a top ten pick to injury in the first year?
That’s a good one alright. I can see AFL house carefully considering that one already.
35C1261D-DAEE-41E7-8AD5-532ABAA9DD82.gif

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyway it won’t be career threatening so relax. Dusty Martin had a kidney injury last year if you remember - late in the season v brisbane he picked it up.
He’ll just have to recuperate and serve his time in rehab but should be fine

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle

Good one.

There have been players who have lacerated their kidney and played again, there was a player at Geelong who had one removed and played on with a guard.

I am not concerned it will be permanent just curious :)

Surely it would be fair to implement an insurance system? If you finish with a top ten pick than you didn't perform that season. Losing your top ten pick would be a major setback to any club.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Impossible to know how serious it is from what Bell said. They will err on side of caution I’d imagine. Might be worth putting in in the gym for the rest of the year alright and let him put on a few kg
He ll lose weight with the kidney surgery.
Really wonder what was the cause? Off the ball incident?

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Good one.

Lonergan?

Pretty sure he was borderline fighting for his life at one stage.He lost a kidney and around 15-20% of his body weight and was in a coma for a few days.

He ended up playing 209 games of AFL footy. Almost all of them were after this instance.

Considering no one had a clue about Amiss until the injury report, on the surface this isn’t nearly in the ball park.

Lonergan?

Pretty sure he was borderline fighting for his life at one stage.He lost a kidney and around 15-20% of his body weight and was in a coma for a few days.

He ended up playing 209 games of AFL footy. Almost all of them were after this instance.

Considering no one had a clue about Amiss until the injury report, on the surface this isn’t nearly in the ball park.

That's him. Carved out a good career for himself with appropriate personal protection.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is there any chance this ****s up his career?

Dusty had a more severe kidney injury last year. At least that is what I presume based on him being in hospital for 10 days, which doesn't seem to be the case for Amiss. Martin lost quite a bit of a weight initially, so that might be a concern for a skinny Amiss, but Dusty seems to have come back in great shape (physically).

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Dusty had a more severe kidney injury last year. At least that is what I presume based on him being in hospital for 10 days, which doesn't seem to be the case for Amiss. Martin lost quite a bit of a weight initially, so that might be a concern for a skinny Amiss, but Dusty seems to have come back in great shape (physically).
I can guarantee you dusty has done more damage to his kidneys during his off season + the PEDs he is on lol

Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
With Jyes injury, he would have had surgery by now on not ? Surely sooner rather than later ,they would know the extend of the damage and prognosis of a full recovery or not ?

Back