Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of forwards on the market is one that's going to be an issue for a lot of clubs around Europe IMO.

It's the one position I think Tottenham is supremely lucky to have two genuine world class players and should be fighting tooth and nail to keep Son and Kane.
We’re now linked with Jesus according to Law/McGrath at the Telegraph. IMO it’s a deal you need to do far more than us and if it costs another few million and a few grand extra a week it is something you probably need to do.

The Kane leaving ship has sailed now I think. He will play out his career at Tottenham and I cant see Son going anywhere now that Spurs secured CL and have Conte in charge.
Both Real and Bayern will be looking for forwards soon enough. Both Son and Kane would be looking very enticing.

We’re now linked with Jesus according to Law/McGrath at the Telegraph. IMO it’s a deal you need to do far more than us and if it costs another few million and a few grand extra a week it is something you probably need to do.

Hard to sell if he's looking for Champions League action, although we do have the Brazilian connection going on at the moment. Surely Tottenham would be looking at other areas rather than the forward line?

Both Real and Bayern will be looking for forwards soon enough. Both Son and Kane would be looking very enticing.

Hard to sell if he's looking for Champions League action, although we do have the Brazilian connection going on at the moment. Surely Tottenham would be looking at other areas rather than the forward line?
All reports are that the penny has dropped finally. Conte to be backed to the hilt. United ****ed up big time.
No late wheeler dealer Levy. Getting deals done in time for pre-season. No accountant Levy, old players with no re-sale value to be considered (like Perisic).

6 players sought after. LCB, LWB, RWB, CM, AM/WF, CF.
Conte adamant a back up CF is essential.

All reports are that the penny has dropped finally. Conte to be backed to the hilt. United ducked up big time.
No late wheeler dealer Levy. Getting deals done in time for pre-season. No accountant Levy, old players with no re-sale value to be considered (like Perisic).

Huge for you guys.

All reports are that the penny has dropped finally. Conte to be backed to the hilt. United ducked up big time.

Massive off-season if true. Could be a window that cements tottenham in the top four for a decade if they get it right.

Massive off-season if true. Could be a window that cements tottenham in the top four for a decade if they get it right.
Newcastle was the basis for starting this conversation, the more I think about things the more I think that sovereign wealth backing clubs causes even more extreme reactions. 12 clubs tried to fence themselves into an exclusive group of clubs, a move seen as reprehensible at the time. But the more I think about it clubs like yours and mine, with limited combined European pedigree sort of had to go along with their invite. Rather be on the inside and become hated by the football world than staring through the glass from the outside wishing you were at that top table.

So I think Newcastle joining Chelsea, City and PSG pumping funds in with gay abandon with little understanding of the value of a dollar has caused my club to pump 150m into the transfer budget (as well as the risk of losing Conte), and I do genuinely wonder what Arsenal have up their sleeve to remain competitive.

Got to overhaul the CF position as well as pad out depth in CM and in the defence. A key factor to look at for both clubs is that with the World Cup (that s**t wasn't corruptly won now...) being mid season in November that 6 CL/UEL matchday are crammed into the schedule from August to late October.. Then you have PL games and League Cup ties. And that the league is adding 5 subs next season. Players from the World Cup likely to return leggy and needing some matches off to recover. Which as we know will lead into the busy Festive Fixture pile up. All of a sudden a window with 2-3 new additions looks grossly inadequate and we'll both be looking at 6+ inclusions.

I have NFI whether all this will put too much of a strain on clubs in European competition, or, do the complete opposite and affect the bottom half clubs more as they have smaller squads with less quality in depth. Most PL clubs have full internationals from various nations to some degree so suspect a lot will be hit by the WC issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expected to make a push into the top 4... This season has just been bloody great.. it's going to be an exciting next few months
I picked us finishing third with a cup after City signed Haaland and Chelsea and United were spunking money around.

Very very happy to be wrong on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back