The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What an odd thing to be 'furious' about.

Also clearly wasn't 'furious'. The old headline news.

Funny how people post s**t like this from essentially by LADbible after reading their exaggerated headlines.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm not sure he has enough defenders

284093689_10166557061280220_7142537840226836501_n.jpg

I'm not sure he has enough defenders

284093689_10166557061280220_7142537840226836501_n.jpg

What am I missing here, 5/6 CBs considering they play a back three seems normal, three right backs - maybe one too many although Walker can play both sides can't he? And two LBs?

5 FBs, 6 CBs

Very excessive.

For a side that plays 5 defenders in their starting line up? Especially a squad that would want to give all their options a look ahead of a WC? Not sure it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Probably one defender too many but not a big deal really. Alexander-Arnold has played midfield for England before as well so you could argue he covers two roles.

At least he’s finally seen sense and dropped Tyrone Mings.
Has he really?

Maguire is still in the squad...

You can only play 2 FBs at a time.

Maddison not being selected is a joke.

Can you? Didn't know that. ;)

You can also make subs during a game, and across the two games play different players.

Maguire has been good for England for about 5 years now, I don’t get people who think that counts for nothing. He has rarely let Southgate down, of course he’s in the squad.

Same logic for Pickford who (until recently) was a far better performer for England than Everton. Not sure why people complain about these players being selected when they've done nothing wrong for the national side.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Maguire has been good for England for about 5 years now, I don’t get people who think that counts for nothing. He has rarely let Southgate down, of course he’s in the squad.
Form isn't based on how you played for your country alone. It counts for the whole year well you'd think it would.

Playing for your country in games every 2-3 months in between, chances are you're going to have an ok to decent performance but if you are underperforming in your domestic competition does that still warrant a selection?

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Same logic for Pickford who (until recently) was a far better performer for England than Everton. Not sure why people complain about these players being selected when they've done nothing wrong for the national side.

People think every squad should be based solely on club form which is silly, you’d have a whole new team every time and would get no continuity whatsoever.

The core of the squad should always be the same so long as they are performing internationally (which England have been), and then flesh out the squad with guys that are playing well for their clubs to see if they fit.

Form isn't based on how you played for your country alone. It counts for the whole year well you'd think it would.

Playing for your country in games every 2-3 months in between, chances are you're going to have an ok to decent performance but if you are underperforming in your domestic competition does that still warrant a selection?

So when Kane was flopping for Spurs in the first half of this season should he have been dropped from the England squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back