Podcast 2022 BigFooty Bombercast - Special Edition III - Merry Christmas to us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alternate history in sport is one of the best games you can play.
You can go as big with it as it changes the course of the entire league or as small as a players career.

What happens if an injury does or doesn't occur,
What happens if X does or does not get fired,
What happens if the ball doesn't bounce on Milne,
What happens if a team does not lose in a specific way and does not make the decision to get their players bigger and stronger.

You can even play the story of the league game
What are he keystones of history that you could not tell the story of the league without.

Good ep guys.

We have a couple of sliding doors topics we have thrown around, but happy to suggestions as well!

If Callan ward hadn't been knocked out against dogs in the prelim. They were up by 14 in the last term.

Ablett doesn't injury his shoulder (that could be a big one if they have success do they lose players, the coach)

Off top of my head.

Edit- oh that's right Essendon related lol

Last edited:
We have a couple of sliding doors topics we have thrown around, but happy to suggestions as well!
Essendon specific or in general?

Preferably Essendon related, but if it's a good one and can some how link back to Essendon we are happy to consider
Here's one: what if Nakia Cockatoo had slid to our two picks in 2015?

For those who are inclined - boncer34 and I are going to put together a best 22 in 2022.

Essentially, a best 22 of players who have played for Essendon from 2000 onwards.
Remember we are picking form from 2000 onwards, so form pre-2000 won't be considered.

Next week we are doing the full back line (RBP, FB, LBP)

Let us know your nominations of who should get the gig and we will pick our starting fullback line and pick the rest of the team line by line over the course of the year.

Ooh. I like it. For me:

Dustin Fletcher - Cale Hooker - Mark Johnson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who are inclined - boncer34 and I are going to put together a best 22 in 2022.

Essentially, a best 22 of players who have played for Essendon from 2000 onwards.
Remember we are picking form from 2000 onwards, so form pre-2000 won't be considered.

Let us know your nominations of who should get the gig and we will pick our starting fullback line and pick the rest of the team line by line over the course of the year.
Lore can you put something similar on twitter please

it shows how s**t the team is travelling that we are already pivoting to off-season content!

Mark Johnson - Fletcher - Hooker

So much content in 35 minutes! On the money with everything as far as I can tell, though since you recorded we now have 20 players signed up and preseason starts on Monday :)

The draft order is reverse post-finals ladder order, then Essendon’s expansion picks are picks 4 and 8 and the rest is equivalent to 15th place on the ladder. Plus the others got extra picks as you mentioned, and there’s a couple of priority picks as well. Any club that didn't lose enough players lost their picks instead 🧂, but the first round nationally still ended up like 36 picks long 😝

I agree that if we can beat a club that isn’t an expansion side we’ll definitely be doing well. Some of the existing clubs have been raided more than others so might be brought down to our level, but those that didn’t lose anyone will be as strong as they were last year, against our team that’s 30% AFLW, 30% VFLW and 30% draftees.

It’s kind of exciting to learn that our VFLW team trains on the MCG size oval with an MCG size game plan. Even the AFLW barely gets to play there, so I kind of assumed they trained mainly on the smaller oval. Perhaps the game plan is intended to translate up as well (with more complexity perhaps).

Just listened to the R13 podcast. Half back line nominations; Sean Wellman - Michael Hurley - Dean Solomon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back