List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Hooper is 100 gettable , gws non money apparently unless there having a crack at dusty

I bet hooper ends up at Adelaide highly paid
one of Taranto or Hopper is gettable.. yep, no cash at GWS.

Taranto has stated he wants to stay in Sydney, he loves it up here (the usual rhetoric)
but Taranto also said 'He prefers Sydney over Melbourne'.. 'He wants to stay in Sydney for the rest of my life'

If I had a choice, Id chase Taranto

I don't understand Hopper would be EXACTLY what we need why do some prefer Taranto over him?

Untill he says he doesn't wanna stay in Sydney then i will be pursuing him fully.

I’d rather Tom Green thanks

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't understand Hopper would be EXACTLY what we need why do some prefer Taranto over him?

Untill he says he doesn't wanna stay in Sydney then i will be pursuing him fully.
both about the same height and weight. both ready to play a leading role inside the midfield.
Article above says Taranto wants to stay in Sydney, he likes it better than Melb.

Just my personal view, but I reckon Taranto is a better player, think hes more dynamic, more attacking, but can still defend. I like him being a year younger than Paps and Mills (just my opinion, which is worth sweet f**k all)

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I was just reading the NM board's thread on their list management team's departure and someone said SEN, a matter of minutes ago, reported that Dalrymple was to take over at NM in "the next few months".

Anyone hear it?

I'm neutral on it if it is true and I can understand if he wanted to return to Victoria.

However there have been suggestions that Noble has wanted greater input into NM's draft strategy and one of the reasons Dalrymple left the Bulldogs was his frustration at being overruled by Beveridge and others.

From AFL website..

Ballenden is one of 14 players who will this week undergo medical testing in each prospect's state, with the group a strong indicator of club interest ahead of next Wednesday's mid-season draft.

Players needed to have more than one club nomination for them to undergo a medical that will be distributed to AFL club doctors ahead of the draft.

MID-SEASON DRAFT MEDICALS LIST​

Connor Ballenden (Woodville West Torrens)
Jacob Bauer (North Adelaide)
Josh Carmichael (West Adelaide)
Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond VFL)
Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)
Kallan Dawson (Williamstown)
Massimo D'Ambrossio (Western Jets)
Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder)
Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants)
Oskar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)
Ethan Grace (GWS Academy)
Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons)
Max Ramsden (Sandringham Dragons)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)

El Nour is the only player from this list on our covid top up list. Makes sense that we were one of the clubs who nominated him for a medical. Heres a couple of write ups of him

2021 Victorian Under 23 Young Guns​

#23 Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants VFL) 14/08/2001 | 192cm | 83kg

Somewhat a surprise packet on the day, El Nour was ultra impressive in Country’s backline. The Western Bulldogs NGA graduate proved as consistent and reliable as anyone afield in his role, constantly getting into good positions to intercept before using the ball with wonderful composure on the rebound. His short kicking game was sound, as was his decision making by hand when working out of tight spots. The VFL-listed talent also made smart runs to receive and relieve others of pressure, working the percentages well as his side became increasingly besieged. El Nour was also able to use his height to compete aerially when needed, mostly bring the ball to ground or spoiling, but also taking a couple of nice intercept marks. Overall, he could well have been the player who looked most comfortable at the level, putting his name on the radar from seemingly nowhere.

Every AFL club's best top-up player option and mid-season draft considerations (ESPN)​

Sydney

A tall and athletic intercept marking defender, Mutaz El Nour is going from strength to strength in the VFL and has found another level to his play this year. While a few centremetres shorter than Aliir Aliir at 192cm, El Nour possesses similar capabilities as an intercept marking defender who does his best work aerially, while regularly negating the influence of opposition forwards.
Massimo D’Ambrossio has been spoken to by us. I spend a bit of time w Richmond VFL and the word is he will be picked up by someone. Can play a role in defence but more midfield and a very goood ball user. Is small though….19 years old played a few VFL games and done well. Richmond are looking to take him as well I believe, if he is there. Very different player to El Noyr but a better pick up imo as his consistency is very good.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was just reading the NM board's thread on their list management team's departure and someone said SEN, a matter of minutes ago, reported that Dalrymple was to take over at NM in "the next few months".

Anyone hear it?

Ha, I just mosied on over here to see whether anyone from your mob could give some credence to it.

I’ve had a Google about and all I can see is that one dogs supporter posting about it here on BF.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
North Board is agog at some wild rumour Dalrymple is heading to Arden St.
most credible rumor they've had in years. Wouldn't surprise me if Dalrymple moves to North but I'd expect it to be for a bigger role than what he currently is. From memory he's not actually living in Sydney but I could be wrong on that one

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
most credible rumor they've had in years. Wouldn't surprise me if Dalrymple moves to North but I'd expect it to be for a bigger role than what he currently is. From memory he's not actually living in Sydney but I could be wrong on that one
He lives in Melbourne. Mate of mine played golf with him last week

Maximumlnsanity

All Australian
Nov 10, 2020
Hobart
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Anyone else feel like we need to add a small forward to this team? Our non-KPF situation is currently Papley, Hayward, Wicks, and less than 50% of Heeney. We're one short, we've played Bell (atrocious), Ronke (yet to see if the career revival sticks), and Sheldrick (mid at heart) as a 2nd pressure forward but we need more than just Papley for small forward scoring. Whether it be Zane Williams in the midseason or Harry Sheezel in the draft I think we've gotta spend at least one decent pick to get Papley a sidekick. Look how well shelling out a first rounder on a small forward has worked for Melbourne, Adelaide, and the Dogs. I know backline is a big need but we're generally pretty good at finding backline talent in unusual places.

If he does leave he is 100% bound to SA heck there is already a thread on the Adelaide board lmao.

Will not be a lock. Melbourne Clubs will be in his ear and we would be mad to not have a chat with his manager. He would be under huge pressure in Adelaide. Living in a proper city would also have appeal.

Massimo D’Ambrossio has been spoken to by us. I spend a bit of time w Richmond VFL and the word is he will be picked up by someone. Can play a role in defence but more midfield and a very goood ball user. Is small though….19 years old played a few VFL games and done well. Richmond are looking to take him as well I believe, if he is there. Very different player to El Noyr but a better pick up imo as his consistency is very good.
He is selected to play VFL this Friday v Swans in Sydney if anyone wants to take a look.

He is selected to play VFL this Friday v Swans in Sydney if anyone wants to take a look.

Will watch it on the stream. Small is ok if he is solid and has tricks.

Bauer sounds a third tall fwd type

I struggle to get excited by the mid season draft.

Jai Newcombe is an outlier. The chance of finding a legitimate AFL standard player has proven to be remote.

But I suppose there’s always a (slim) chance…..

Wasn’t brought in to find the next stars. Was brought in to help clubs fill short term injury holes.

Sure you’ll get the 1 in 50 that Newcombe is but in general they are injury top ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back