Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
He actually even stacks up better to Bowen than I thought he would:

1653442776040.png

Oh not suggesting that makes James better, I was just genuinely surprised how close that was. Bowen had one hell of a season.

Yeah Maddison's season has been very underrated. In fairness he got a lot of goals/assists in the last 3-4 games which probably helped 'pad' the stats a bit (in the sense that people had probably already formed their opinions of player seasons). What was it 4 goals and two assist in the last three games?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah Maddison's season has been very underrated. In fairness he got a lot of goals/assists in the last 3-4 games which probably helped 'pad' the stats a bit (in the sense that people had probably already formed their opinions of player seasons). What was it 4 goals and two assist in the last three games?
4 goals, 3 assists in the last 4.

So yep, you're probably right. Hit a real purple patch late on.

4 goals, 3 assists in the last 4.

So yep, you're probably right. Hit a real purple patch late on.

Haha knew it was something like that as I brought him into my FPL side! Loved it.

I agree with the sentiment but he could have had a more consistent season than any of those and just not spiked in any particular month.
Probably true for all but Pep. Both were very consistent.
But their fans claim to have the best GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, RW in the world and then add in Mane, Thiago, Diaz and Jota. They fell short.

The Moyesiah would have won it had the Hammers held on for longer for fourth, especially battling away in the League and Europa Cup comps with a small squad
Probably will see similar happen again next season IMO. Still in Europe.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Probably will see similar happen again next season IMO. Still in Europe.
Slightly easier European competition though, unlikely to draw any Spanish or Italian teams, could draw a french team, so may make their midweek games easier and more manageable.

Think they'll invest a bit to deepen the squad but will be interesting to see.

Slightly easier European competition though, unlikely to draw any Spanish or Italian teams, could draw a french team, so may make their midweek games easier and more manageable.
Yes easier and they probably will deepen the squad.
As noted elsewhere tonight the World Cup poses unique challenges for teams in European Competition.

Group Stage matchday crammed into a month's less time from early December finish to early November. Still have EPL and League Cup ties.
WC internationals likely to return leggy and in need of a re-adjustment period to the PL right as the festive/new year + FA Cup fixtures begin. 5 subs.

Going to be a vastly different challenge for clubs to handle than any normal season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back