List Mgmt. 2022 Senior List - The Final TWO Spots

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 3 rucks. This includes Mirkov who is a project a at least a year off, but maybe more. I think TDK is much more valuable as a 3rd tall and Pitto is a good and genuine ruck, but if you look at other teams they have more rucks with the exception of Fremantle (3 very experienced rucks who are resilient) Hawthorn (problems this week with all injured) Melbourne (All very experienced and resilient)

Adelaide (4) Frampton, Strachan, O'Brien, Tilthorpe (FR)
Brisbane (5) Fullarton (FR), Smith, Lane, Fort, McInerney
Collingwood (4) Grundy, Cameron, Cox, Begg
Essendon (4) Draper, Wright (FR), Bryan, Phillips
Fremantle (3) Darcy, Meek, Lobb (FR)
Geelong (6) Stanley, Blicavs, Tsapatalolis, Neale, Ceglar, Ratugolea (FR)
Gold Coast (5) Chol (FR), Witts, Casboult (FR), Conroy, Andrew
GWS (4) Preuss, Flynn, Briggs, Keefe (DR)
Hawthorn (3) McEvoy, Lynch, Reeves
Melbourne (3) Jackson, Gawn, Brown (FR)
North (4) Coleman-Jones, Goldstein, Xerri, Edwards
Port (4) Visentini, Hayes, Lycett, Skinner (FR)
Richmond (4) Colina, Ryan, Nankervis, Soldo
St Kilda (4) Ryder, Marshall, Campbell, Heath
Sydney (5) Ladhams, Hickey, Sinclair, Naismith, McAndrew
West Coast (5) Naitanui, Williams, Jamieson, Dixon, Stmadica
Bulldogs (4) Martin, Sweet, English, Darcy

We all know rucks get injured as it a brutal part of our game and we have 2 down now.

We need one more for depth and to help the ressies with game structure. We do need a key defender as well, but we are really light on in rucks.
Geelong have 6 spuds 😁

Last edited:
Jacob Bauer really appeals to me, partly because he almost shares the same name of my favourite TV characters ever

images

Also it looks like he could be ready to go at senior/AFL level and can play several roles and positions around the ground.

So hope he is available with our first MSD pick
He’s only good for 24 games

Here are the players I would like to see draft.
My first preference would be for either a key position utility or a Ruck, forward. My second preference is a 3rd tall defender/ intercept defender. From there an outside player with elite skills would be my next preference.

Connor Ballenden- looks like he's ready to go. Max Ramsden could be another option if Ballenden is gone by our pick.

Mutaz El Nour- looks like a very exciting prospect for 3 tall/ intercept defender if Marchbank and McGovern can't get there body's right. Kallan Dawson is another option that'll fit that roll.

Massimo D'Ambrossio- if we don't pick up two talls he'll be my first choice. Looks like a gun and could be a solution for one of the wing
Position.

I know absolutely nothing about these players but the write up that stands out for me is Hart. It says he’s 18 in the Nab league, key forward and kicking goals, not sure what the knocks on him last year were.
With the number of clubs in need of a key forward, Hart will probably be gone by our pick But if he's not would be a great pick up.

Massimo D'Ambrossio- if we don't pick up two talls he'll be my first choice. Looks like a gun and could be a solution for one of the wing
Position.

Good kid, great skills but not very durable and a bit injury prone, we have enough of those on our list.

Having said that I hope he gets picked up, elsewhere.

My guess is he'll be taken by a team like North or Adelaide who really need key defenders in their best 22. For Ballenden, who has named contract terms, makes sense to go somewhere he's likely to be best 22 and have a long career.

Realistically we have very good talls and it may be difficult for him to be anything but depth.
I reckon the rebuilding clubs with early picks will go for younger types with more upside.

If he has nominated terms I think its because a club with a later pick has told him they will pick him and asked him to nominate a higher rate to put others off.

Just my 2c...
I'd be happy with any combination of the following...

Rucks...
Reidy, Ramsden, Teakle

KP Forwards...
Bauer, Derksen, Hart

KP Defenders...
Blanck,

Tall Defender...
Dawson, El Nour

Mids...
Culley, Carmichael, O'Neill

Ballenden - Do we want to be on the hook for 18mths at a premium, for an ex AFL player not setting the reserves alight...
Voss - Like the look of him, I know his Dad said no... But could be a future rookie option

We won't pick Voss due to conflict of interest

Last edited:
Sensible for a Ballenden, a mature-age player living in Adelaide (home to 2 clubs) to specify 18 months.
Who would want to pack up their lives to move to another city for 11 weeks if they could get a better contract, with a better chance for a successful career?

Sensible for a Ballenden, a mature-age player living in Adelaide (home to 2 clubs) to specify 18 months.
Who would want to pack up their lives to move to another city for 11 weeks if they could get a better contract, with a better chance for a successful career?
No problem Ballenden nominating what he want's...
But is he worth to us, the extra premium? over the other players on offer? Not sure...
He isn't exactly setting the SANFL alight, being an ex AFL player...

Last edited:
But is he worth the extra premium over the other players on offer?
Not so sure isn't exactly setting the NEAFL alight, being an ex AFL player...
For us, we shouldn't be be picking players that we don't want for at least next year.
Picking a guy for the next 14-15 weeks would be a waste.

I reckon the rebuilding clubs with early picks will go for younger types with more upside.

If he has nominated terms I think its because a club with a later pick has told him they will pick him and asked him to nominate a higher rate to put others off.

Well he's only 23...so even for a rebuilding team he could still have 10 years of footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Doubt...
But my question was, Is he that much better than the others on the list, to pay that extra salary cap on?
Having not following him closely, I'm not so sure...

I'd still prefer 2 of
Reidy, Ramsden, Teakle, Bauer, Derksen, Hart

Trust Austin to choose the best 2 players we can get for our list...

How much more is he asking for?

Doesn’t sit well with me. You have to earn your stripes first, he’s going to get another crack and you’re setting your own terms?
Pass.
Nah, I completely disagree.

If you're selected in this draft you may have to drop everything, leave family and quit your job with no long-term guarantees.

Players are well within their rights to put a price on their head here. Clubs can take it or leave it.

But is he worth to us, the extra premium? over the other players on offer? Not sure...
He isn't exactly setting the SANFL alight, being an ex AFL player...
Didn’t Ballenden get pantsed by Reilly O’Brien in a recent SANFL game.

Sure we need some talls but is this just fools gold heightened by our needs.

I know Arrow has been banging on about him all year but will he add much more than just being a warm body.

Austin and co’s work in recent years has been superb and when they read out Boyd/Mirkov last year in the MSD I nearly fell off the chair. Thinking who are these plodders.

Visually seeing Boyd this year and exhibiting great AFL traits has reassured me that our recruiting team are now late pick savvy.

If they see that in Ballenden we’ll and good, they’ve got my trust.

Without any reasoning I feel they will pick an obscure tall with untested upside and trust their hand at National Draft to bring in two talls with our first and second rounder this year or for another first round this year if we trade out our 2023 first rounder. So have essentially have a crack at 3 or 4 young talls and hope that least two come on potentially, one playing sooner than later to ease the crisis. They might even keep McDonald if they have hope that his back will come good as his three games for us in 21/22 were actually very good.

Anyway it’s all hype and speculation right now but fascinates the hell out of me to what they are thinking when picking for the draft/late picks/msd etc. What methodologies they use, what do they think of our list. We’re they concerned with our lack of talls at the start of the year etc.

Thats one area of the AFL for which I would love to hear more about. The David Kings, Whateleys etc roll out the junk to keep the press going but this would be the most fascinating read.

Off for a donut now…

BTW, with big Mirkov going down with some ankle injury, definitely need 1 good tall, at least for cover in VFL.
'At least for cover in the VFL' is why we have a VFL list. We can probably make emergency signings for that if they get drained as well.
Jake Patmore is eligible.

Shhhh, no one tell Jimmae

;)
He's spent years playing at either end instead of developing as a mid and fixing his kicking action. I've not interest in a half-back that runs elite patterns but can't kick.

Waste of his talent.
Very raw and has a lot to learn defensively but is an offensive weapon.
Breaks out of stoppage really well and can kick a goal anywhere inside 60 metres.
Is a kick first footballer, with a bullet like pass. Is a good overhead mark.

Has a good tank also for a guy who has only done one pre season at SANFL level.

Huge up side.
Doesn't look physically capable on the inside to me, and doesn't look like he'd hold up physically over time. Understand that he'd be fairly raw compared to most in the system, but I don't see that build turning into an explosive contested mid.

Seems like a classic Essendon tall mid to me, which is not really a compliment.

Hard to gauge, but I hope we don't get too sucked in, and that the physical was thorough. Currently keener on some combination of Culley, Ramsden, Derksen, Menzie, maybe Blanck or one of the other quicker KPD prospects.

Nah, I completely disagree.

If you're selected in this draft you may have to drop everything, leave family and quit your job with no long-term guarantees.

Players are well within their rights to put a price on their head here. Clubs can take it or leave it.

Had one of the SANFL experts over on another forum explain this.

He's getting 30-35k to play for WWT.

The club also lined him up with a reasonable job on the side that pays him between 60-90k (let's say 75k) in a full time gig that enables him to meet his football commitments.

That means to go to an AFL club he's forfeiting an easy 100k. Without putting a price on his head he could be out of a job in six months with no security net like Josh Deluca was a couple years ago.

I agree with you and think it's a smart move on his part.

Exactly!
If TDK or Weitering go down we up screwed
Isn`t it a pity that Carlton decided to cut Levi at the end of 2021, because with our circumstances right now he would have proved handy relieving in the ruck and helping out in defence, as well as kicking a few goals while big "H" is recovering. He certainly has been good value for the Suns, and I remember the year that he played in defence for us as being one of his best!!! Another 1 year contract would not have hurt as he was a very handy utility for the club, and exactly what we need right now as he had already been there and done the job well, instead of having to take a chance with two players that may or may not work out from this draft......:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back