Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Surely they can asses the sneakered foot and decide how it was removed from her leg? i mean we can put a rocket into space and land a capsule on the Moon and we can't tell how she came to have a missing foot?
Google “what happens to a dead body in the sea over a long period”, that might explain it to you. It was just fortunate that the shoe must have been tied on tightly and was of sufficient good quality to survive itself. And not be palatable to sea creatures. The other shoe might be out there too, as yet undiscovered.

But did she jump or was she pushed ? Perhaps she wasn't watching where she was running and fell ?

Need Warrick Moss on the case
She jumped as she couldn't face the world after being found out... particularly family & friends she ripped off.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What about it?
i think there was some debate on that theory (which is spot on the mark I think)
because there should be cctv film of her departing from home to go for a run but doesn't seem to be any.
unconfirmed info here.
The obvious scenario turns out mysterious due to the lack of film.
I was just asking how you think that occurred ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i think there was some debate on that theory (which is spot on the mark I think)
because there should be cctv film of her departing from home to go for a run but doesn't seem to be any.
unconfirmed info here.
The obvious scenario turns out mysterious due to the lack of film.
I was just asking how you think that occurred ?

There was not CCTV because the feds confiscated it a day or so earlier.

NotHereForFooty

Draftee
Dec 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

Off you go, Anthony ... move far, far away and start somewhere afresh. You have a skill; put it to good use. Leave your stepson with his father.

A formal inquest will be held in September ... what would happen if she reappeared (living) after that concluded?

Although not in Australia, this is a case of where someone who was thought to be dead, returned:

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
There was not CCTV because the feds confiscated it a day or so earlier.

What was in question was Ms Caddick was not picked up on any other CCTV footage around the area. Not seen any real discussion by the investigating authorities since very early on.

NotHereForFooty

Draftee
Dec 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I read a comment somewhere from someone who suggested that Melissa may have had someone on the inside helping her out ... someone who planted the toothbrush with "her" DNA on it (which then matched "her" foot), and was instrumental in taking those cameras away.

I really hope this one will be solved in my lifetime.

I read a comment somewhere from someone who suggested that Melissa may have had someone on the inside helping her out ... someone who planted the toothbrush with "her" DNA on it (which then matched "her" foot), and was instrumental in taking those cameras away.

I really hope this one will be solved in my lifetime.
Chances extremely low. Also, they had a decomposed foot - plenty of DNA. Either deceased or very likely living without a foot.

Chances extremely low. Also, they had a decomposed foot - plenty of DNA. Either deceased or very likely living without a foot.
I think they determined the foot/shoe had been in the sea for a long time, so I'd say dead without a foot. Without a lot more too.

I think they determined the foot/shoe had been in the sea for a long time, so I'd say dead without a foot. Without a lot more too.
Sorry wasn't clear, there is almost no chance she is alive. Meant if she is alive, that is her foot.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Need to call in the worlds most famous detective

artworks-8aSN0sC6Tb3Fqbpz-x84IHA-t500x500.jpg

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What was in question was Ms Caddick was not picked up on any other CCTV footage around the area. Not seen any real discussion by the investigating authorities since very early on.
yeah thats it thanks, thats what I meant a few posts back... in a Street full of millionaires homes no security camera's - seems odd. what is the truth here - why no cctv from other cameras ?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
yeah thats it thanks, thats what I meant a few posts back... in a Street full of millionaires homes no security camera's - seems odd. what is the truth here - why no cctv from other cameras ?

Wouldn't have thought it's that unusual. Those home security camera's are ordinarily fixed on the homes. They can also often be just for show.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wouldn't have thought it's that unusual. Those home security camera's are ordinarily fixed on the homes. They can also often be just for show.
ok thanks I'm not familiar with extremely wealthy suburbs sorry.
Wondering if detectives reenacted the path she may have taken from the home to the cliffs or other "escape paths" and check for cctv

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
ok thanks I'm not familiar with extremely wealthy suburbs sorry.
Wondering if detectives reenacted the path she may have taken from the home to the cliffs or other "escape paths" and check for cctv
Nor am I for the most part. Bit more familiar with the CCTV setups though.

There absolutely will have been some pointed out to the entrances of drive ways - I think that's where the intrigue comes from. You'd expect to have seen her in at least some of those.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nor am I for the most part. Bit more familiar with the CCTV setups though.

There absolutely will have been some pointed out to the entrances of drive ways - I think that's where the intrigue comes from. You'd expect to have seen her in at least some of those.
no such luck !
The latest episode of liar liar podcast; "downfall" covers the cctv incident with "federal.police" taking the tape away , and how no neighboring houses captured anything.
so that's it. quite a good story so far that podcast

Last edited:

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Questions about CCTV and the initial appeal of a missing person report and public appeal. As ASIC agents and the Australian Federal Police had removed all the computers and hard drive the day before her disappearance from Melissa Caddick and Anthony Koletti’s home were the Caddick’s CCTV would of usually been recorded to, and as it was sometime before Anthony Koletti reported her missing (30 hours).

What was time frame on the press conference on the Police appeal for Information?

How long do CCTV keep records of recordings for?

As I guess the neighbours would not of known of her disappearance for at least some days after the 12 November 2020, just thinking was the delay a fact in the review of other residents review of CCTV footage.

I am finding the podcast Liar Liar very interesting, how she got away with for so long is amazing maybe her clients failed by not doing due diligence with not checking her financial license and following up with CommSec?

Back