Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Guys how quickly do you think Danger is going to drop away.
His last couple of seasons have been underwhelming, obviously injury has played a part here.... But his body just may not be up for it as he gets older, and players built on explosiveness IMO drop away drastically more than anyone because they often use that power/burst to cover skill deficiencies.

I don't want Danger to shift more forward as he gets in the way and is a bit hungry, and I think he is battling more each week and becoming less effective in the middle so I'm genuinely unsure what his future holds the next 18 months

Hey Boys

Just want to ask a question about Esava....
Me personally I have my doubts on if Esava will actually make it as a AFL footballer .. Do you think it's worth it, when he gets back to full fitness, is it worth he should try him as a defender? We are crying out for another Key Defender as we don't have any depth at all.. Even if he played the rest of the year in the VFL at CHB and do all next pre-season to learn his apprenticeship as a defender, as he he is very agile for his hight..

Plus Sam Simpson, is there any chance they will put him on ice this season, and get him rite for 2023 season, leaving us a extra spot in the Mid season draft?

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Hey guys
Love the work. Saturday night was the first time in a long time that I thought I hope Geelong crash and burn for the rest of the year to have a wake up call. It’s time to play younger players and rebuild the core. This team is not winning the flag this year or the next 5. However people will most likely forget after Geelong win the next two and go to the halfway stage at 7-4 and think everything is rosey.
Thoughts

Toot Toot!

Get on the Neale train!!
Kicked another 5 this week in the VFL. Thats 15 in 7 games. Solid returns and Goal of the year from the fence!

The future spine of SDK, Conway and Neale is here and now but its not ready yet. Dempsey is the same. They need more time but they can get a taste now

I reckon we can play Neale, Tomma, Jezza, Stengle, Close and Rohan/Miers all in the same forward 50.

Do you agree?

Cooper must keep being played too. PFD @ 80% is no longer better than 100% from others and its hubris for the club to suggest otherwise.

We can still win games and blood the kids at the same time.

And how the hell did KROCK get Chris Scott postgame?!

Great interview and well done to all involved - just wish that AFL media would keep the streams going until the call ends. Not good enough AFL

Go Catters

PS - Bonus question.. who do you like better in the MF? Shark or Atkins. Thought Atkins added some real "Rat Bews/Chappy mongrel" to the defensive side of it and I liked it. Did you?

Last edited:
No surprise of last weekends game.
We will beat the crows, lose to the dogs and smash the eagles.

Fairly easy run home compared to the likes of Freo and Saints.

How much VFL footy have both you blokes watched this year?

Another cracking time slot for this weekends game, can’t wait to miss it once again.

The pace of Rohan, Stengle and Close was as you called it mouth watering.

How many goals would Stengle need to kick to make AA or Atleast the squad.
The good news story of the year so far.

Kill one, Marry one, sleep with one
Krock commentary box edition.

Ps, It’s Nealey time, I’ve been saying it for weeks.
But if we can fit Sav into this team, Neale can play that role and much better.
I don’t want to hear Benny say he can’t, when he’s shown more and played better footy than Sav ever has in the Maggoos.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Early this week - 8pm Tuesday.

Fire away!

Kingy

Vfl… Shannon Neale is red hot. Gotta find a way to get him in. Was really impressed with Ollie Dempsey, that kid has some tricks and once he’s beefed up he will be something. Toby ‘ you can go your’ Conway looked short of a run but pushed to contests and rucked well.
Main game, was glad to see Cooper Stephen’s get another run and with danger injured this is a great chance for him to string a few together. Tyson stengle gets the blinkers on 1967 grand national winner foinavon style but gee I like it cos he rarely misses

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good evening gents,

I almost ran off the road when I jumped into the chariot and Chris Scott was on my dial! Thought I was back in 2011 (could it be an omen).

Jokes aside it was great to hear him on Geelong’s own and hope it can continue.

SDK overlooked again for the rising star nom is beyond laughable now, can’t get over comfortable he looks down back. They way he flies at the ball and takes it on is a joy to watch and something to get really excited about.

Enjoyed what Rohan gave us in terms of pressure. Coming from a long way back and a few more weeks of conditioning and he could really help us going forward.

Just a comment on the 'level' issue. :) For me the issue isn't you guys, it is the intro and outro that are louder than the rest of the podcast.

At the start I turn the volume down and then turn the volume back up when Benny starts talking. But sometimes the end of the podcast comes rather quickly and I don't have time to take my ear pieces out before being blasted.

On Chris Scott doing KRock interviews - is this a push from his new contract structure do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Early this week - 8pm Tuesday.

Fire away!

Kingy
Hey Gents!

Thoughts on looking at M Crouch at the end of the year? Our midfield is struggling and at 27 Crouch could provide the perfect stopgap whilst the younger mids (Stephens, Knevitt etc.) develop. Crouch has been dropped numerous times over the past 2 years so I doubt he commands the pick/salary that he once may have. I think too much focus has been placed on his lack of defensive ability rather than his strength for winning the ball. Just an idea to strengthen our weakest part of the ground.

Cheers Lads!

Love the poddie boys.

Was surprised to see Jezza making centre clearances on Saturday. Is that a role he would have done at Giants or is this a desperate Hail Mary for a Geelong midfield in disarray?

Also Interested on your thoughts on ruck prospects. Is Conway any chance to play AFL ruck this year or does he need more preseasons? What is the latest on Ceglar? Would he be getting a game if fit? How far off is he? Any word on paul tsiapolos… we seem to be banking up second rate talls that can’t get a run even when all rucks are out. Can we live without a dedicated Ruck by having hawk ruck forward half and blitz back half?

Getting a bit tired of the CS Danger excuses, diarrhoea last year, virus this year then calf. Is there an ongoing issue with Danger, or just ageing, or is he really that injury and disease prone?

Hey lads...

Loved the Chris Scott Q&A....but ffs...cant Knock afford a second mic so we can actually hear the questions?

Should we set up a GoFundme account?

Hey lads...

Loved the Chris Scott Q&A....but ffs...cant Knock afford a second mic so we can actually hear the questions?

Should we set up a GoFundme account?
you talking about post game or the presser? Post game was fine I though

KROCK does not set up the pressers - the club does that as I understand it.

Go Catters

Hey boys - what's with the secrecy around players and their injuries? I'm sure Shaun Higgins isn't actually missing football because of "General Soreness" for multiple weeks in a row... Can we ask for / can the club just tell us what the diagnosis is?

Hey David,

Are you talking about the chat we did post-game - or the weekly media conference we put up?

The latter....the one where he talked about umpiring....its just that Chris' answers are loud and clear. but the questions are sometimes very difficult to hear.

As Daz suggested, it may not be KRocks problem...my little whinge aside, you do a great job keeping this ex-Pat informed. :thumbsu:

Mark it down

Pick 24 Conway

Kingy on Conway "He is going to be a good footballer" 26th May, 12.50 AEST

Seems to be growing concensus Sav to defence. Lets do it. Come on Kingy, time to raise at a presser

SingaporeCat

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Toot Toot!

Get on the Neale train!!

Kicked another 5 this week in the VFL. Thats 15 in 7 games. Solid returns and Goal of the year from the fence!

The future spine of SDK, Conway and Neale is here and now but its not ready yet. Dempsey is the same. They need more time but they can get a taste now

I reckon we can play Neale, Tomma, Jezza, Stengle, Close and Rohan/Miers all in the same forward 50.

Do you agree?

Cooper must keep being played too. PFD @ 80% is no longer better than 100% from others and its hubris for the club to suggest otherwise.

We can still win games and blood the kids at the same time.

And how the hell did KROCK get Chris Scott postgame?!

Great interview and well done to all involved - just wish that AFL media would keep the streams going until the call ends. Not good enough AFL

Go Catters

PS - Bonus question.. who do you like better in the MF? Shark or Atkins. Thought Atkins added some real "Rat Bews/Chappy mongrel" to the defensive side of it and I liked it. Did you?
Called it!!!!

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back