Preview Changes: R11 vs Geelong, Saturday May 28, 1.15pm ACST @ Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I would liked to have seen ROB and Strachan in the same team but these two are a far cry from Rehn/Pittman or even Clarke/Biglands.

Makes me realize just then how lucky we were to have an elite ruckman who played as a HBF/tall mid and a decent tap ruckman who could play on a key forward like lockett or loewe and was a great kick for goal in the same side.

Anyway, I dont think it matters with this type of game. Dangerfield out helps but Guthrie and Duncan will annihilate us and De Koning will have a breakout game.

I hope we put in a good performance and keep putting in the effort. Yes, we will kick it out of the full on that outer wing, yes Hawkins will kick 6, yes the umpires will treat us like a BDSM sub, yes they will kick 6 straight in the 3rd quarter to our 1.5 but we want to show skill and kick more than 70 points at least.

Rebuilding is lame.

He definitely looks cruisey, almost disinterested. But I think he will rot the year away there if we don’t prod him and throw him into the afl.

I would not be playing him in defence though, I’ve said it for awhile but he’s a poor defender, he constantly trails his opponent. He’s the half back version of Frampton. For me it’s wing and half forward. Love to see him in the middle but he’s got to be playing better footy for that to happen.

He got his 5 year contract (based on what, god knows!) and is comfortable.

I might be blind but haven’t seem anything in any of his games to date to give me that wow factor.

Was thinking of going along this week - until I saw the selections. Cannot believe Jones is being left out - Miers (the type that rarely plays a good game, but always does against us) will have a field day - Jones would've been perfect on him. Brown on Stengle...hopefully not another Charlie Cameron debacle. And we're going to play a resting ruckman fwd on a slippery, wet, windy Kardinia Pk? I'm not such a masochist that I could stomach this one I'm afraid.

Yep that midfield beat the saints mids last week or drew equal at worst

Now we add Matt back into it , not cool

It just couldn't be worse. Not only do we end up with a player that provides less impact, both offensively and defensively, but he's a midfielder only, so the icing on the crap cake is that developing players lose minutes. Even though they're providing more than him. Combine his and Milera's inclusions and the only logical reason is that they're trying to replace as many of Tex's games played as possible. I don't think we need to look any deeper than that.

It just couldn't be worse. Not only do we end up with a player that provides less impact, both offensively and defensively, but he's a midfielder only, so the icing on the crap cake is that developing players lose minutes. Even though they're providing more than him. Combine his and Milera's inclusions and the only logical reason is that they're trying to replace as many of Tex's games played as possible. I don't think we need to look any deeper than that.
The changes make no sense. They have brought in Crouch and Milera for Tex and Rachele. Now Milera for Rachele I can sort of deal with if they play him forward. Does he deserve a game ? No. I would have rested Rachele two weeks ago and given an in form Newchurch a run against the Lions and the Saints. If he performed you play him against the Cats or if he didn't you bring back a rested and rejuvenated Rachele. Instead they play Rachele into the ground.

But the real strange inclusion is crouch for Walker? Now I know he won't be playing Walker's position but that now leaves us with one key forward in Thilthorpe as Fogarty is not a KPF. Not only that but our only key forward has to pinch hit in in the ruck while ROB holds down our forward line. Lol. That SANFL game must have been impressive as we now have a new key forward.

Last edited:
The Matt Crouch reintro annoys me far more than any of the other selections

Straughan /ROB meh
Milera meh
Jones out - no issue

The fact that we are at least making some progress in mid by developing Hately / Berry lately and they could be affected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positive about ROB and M Crouch coming back this week is that it's a tough opposition and venue. Nowhere to hide

I was worried they'd get a free hit at home vs West Coast next week

The only positive about ROB and M Crouch coming back this week is that it's a tough opposition and venue. Nowhere to hide

I’m sure they’ll be backed in to respond next week.

Why are we so scared as a club? We seem constantly afraid.

Our game plan is designed to minimise losses. Are we scared of copping some flack if we lose badly?
Our selections this week are purely about minimising the loss at Geelong. Bring in as much experience (form and game impact is irrelevant) as possible and hope for the best.
We are constantly afraid of fall out from any minor issue and as such overreact.

What are we so scared of? The media? Victorian commentators?

I just don't get it.

Exactly what I thought if looking at it from positive angle , in some ways could be a genius move especially re Crouch ( I don’t think Straighan V ROB is Obvs )

‘Sorry Matt but you got torched at Geelong so we going to continue with others moving forward ‘

Is there a ruckman in the league that you won’t post that ROB matches up well on them? I reckon that’s at least 4 now and he was getting pantsed every time. You need new material, where are you copy/pasting this rubbish from?
U stroppy due to our interactions in the politics thread and trying to take it out over here mate?

The upshot of what I am saying is that our ruck battles are pivotal to our fortunes. So I comment about them regularly. At the start of the year I was the only one doing that but as the year's gone by and its been obvious how important it is everyone else has jumped on board.

Sorry if I am ahead of the game with my insights, perhaps I should instead spend my time cruising around the board saying negative stuff and bringing people down like you and your buddies do hey?

what?.. poor kicking?.. jones?… he missed with one, maybe two, kicks!!.

duckn Laird and Keays miss about 10 a bloody game.. and the rest of the time just kick and hope. two of the worst kicks in the comp… yet they have a free pass.
Would you drop Laird and Keays? Who for?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back