VFL Footscray vs Williamstown Sat 28-2pm @ Willy Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah its probably not the right option. Buku vs marra is the battle atm.
I don’t think we’ll worry about a second ruck next week. Geelong are playing Blicavs as the first ruck and picked a 19 debutant ruck this week too. I think Bev will be happy trialling Buku as a 2nd ruck against that. Sweet will have to play really well to stay in.

I don’t think we’ll worry about a second ruck next week. Geelong are playing Blicavs as the first ruck and picked a 19 debutant ruck this week too. I think Bev will be happy trialling Buku as a 2nd ruck against that.

If Sweety lays them on a platter in the middle I'd still go 2 rucks. Winning damaging centre clearances is the biggest advantage you can get in the game. Particularly with the 6-6-6 rule and Naughton a one on one beast.

I don’t think we’ll worry about a second ruck next week. Geelong are playing Blicavs as the first ruck and picked a 19 debutant ruck this week too. I think Bev will be happy trialling Buku as a 2nd ruck against that.
I get that and it makes sense but wouldn’t it be nice to just focus on our own structure week in week out and try and get some consistency - I honestly reckon it hurts us a lot trying to get any continuity in our game and the way we play when we’re constantly chopping and changing the amount of talls we play dramatically

If Sweety lays them on a platter in the middle I'd still go 2 rucks. Winning damaging centre clearances is the biggest advantage you can get in the game. Particularly with the 6-6-6 rule and Naughton a one on one beast.
Yup, the 6-6-6 should have been a godsend for us with our midfield and Naughty but it’s caused more harm than good so far

Full stats breakdown, player stats at bottom of the post (stats aren't final, once CD completes their review I'll update)...

Disposal Efficiency
FO: 71%
WI: 73%

Kicking Efficiency
FO: 66%
WI: 67%

Hitouts / To Advantage
11 / 5 - Cordy
10 / 2 - Lewis
4 / 1 - Schache

Hitouts To Advantage

FO: 8
WI: 15

First Possessions
FO: 42
WI: 37

Clearances / Centre Clearances

FO: 37 / 9
WI: 28 / 12

Contested Marks
FO: 11
WI: 8

Marks Inside 50
FO: 16
WI: 11

Defensive 50 Marks
FO: 13
WI: 32

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
FO: 8
WI: 10

Spoils
FO: 24
WI: 35

Score Launches
3 - Garner, Sullivan
2 - Butler, Craig-Peters, Lewis, Macpherson, Raak
1 - Cordy, Crozier, Darcy, Drummond, Kellet, Orgill,Parker, Schache

Inside 50 Efficiency
FO: 43%
WI: 41%

Shots At Goal
FO: 26 (73%)
WI: 15 (53%)

Scoring Profile (Footscray / Williamstown)
Set Shot: 14.2 / 5.7
Snap: 3.1 / 2.0
On Run: 1.3 / 1.0
Mark Play On: 1.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 1.0 / 2.1
15M-30M: 10.0 / 2.1
31M-40M: 2.4 / 3.3
41M-50M: 5.1 / 1.2
51M+: 1.1 / 0.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 3.0 / 1.2
Scores In Time-On: 8.1 / 1.3

Smothers
FO: 6
WI: 2

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
138 - Sullivan
122 - Ugle-Hagan
112 - Johannisen
111 - Wallis
111 - Schache
102 - Garner
95 - Craig-Peters
87 - Cordy
86 - Gilbee
83 - Crozier
72 - Bromell
70 - R. Smith
66 - Bedendo
62 - Darcy
61 - Lewis
56 - Butler
55 - Macpherson
52 - Kellet
50 - Drummond
44 - Raak
41 - Parker
41 - Orgill
4 - Vanderhuevel

Free Kick Summary
FK.png

Score Sources
SS.png

Player Stats Table
PS.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Lot to like about most of our listed players. Keep in mind Willie had several players today who had either not played at VFL level before or rarely.
JJ spent entire last on bench, Wallis mostly also.
If Bedendo was a few kilos heavier he could be a very good utility player at AFL level. Very encouraging improvement.

Happy with a pretty strong win, the Seagulls were up for it earlier on but it looks like we just blew them up and they couldn't keep with us.

Wallis BOG, had a huge game in the midfield.

Ugle-Hagan showing why he's dangerous, we need a player to kick the ball in quickly so that he can lose his man.

Good game from Schache, might not have been much in the ruck but he was good up forward.

JJ looking good as well, clearly worlds above everyone else.

Crozier has fallen off hard, while he still can defend his decision making is ****ed.

Bedendo looking classy, hopefully we give him a go as an attacking wingman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does JUH look a little bigger to anyone else? He just seemed to look more like a genuine KPF rather than lanky but maybe it’s just the competition he’s against.
Thought the same as soon as I saw him, doesn’t necessarily look to have added much definition but definitely way more solid through the core. Showed in the way he held his ground a bit better in contests than usual too - can even see it in his face a bit - he used to be so lanky

Does JUH look a little bigger to anyone else? He just seemed to look more like a genuine KPF rather than lanky but maybe it’s just the competition he’s against.
I think its a combination of the white guernsey and his new haircut.

As nice as it was to see JUH kick 6 today. I think it needs to be judged against the quality of the opposition.

What was really encouraging was how involved he was for the entire game. I think that today was probably the most complete game that I have seen him play. It bodes well for us.

Other half said that. I asked "what do you mean? Weight or height?" Reply was "bigger/broader as in heavier".

Great game for young JUH kicking 6.1
We should celebrate the fact that he's shaping up as a pretty good shot for goal. If that was Naughton it'd be 3.4

Playing in the Point Gellibrand wind too.

We should celebrate the fact that he's shaping up as a pretty good shot for goal. If that was Naughton it'd be 3.4

Playing in the Point Gellibrand wind too.

Strangely, it didn't really look like any noticeable wind out there today DW. Tree branches weren't moving and the ball didn't look at all affected.

Still great to see a forward kick straight for a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back