The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to get paid against us a lot. We'd tackle a tiger and knock it free and it'd be play on then we'd pick it up and get tackled and drop it and it was htb.
It should balance out but you definitely got stiffed last night. But then got the cripps one paid last week. Just over officiating at the moment. A lot of chat about how inexperienced the umpire ranks are at the moment and it shows with incredibly high free kick counts

plus umpiring is part of the theatre and drama of it all. everyone thinks they're hard done by the umps, and we all gloss over the dozens of mistakes made by our players. every football fan is a hypocrite, we all believe every free kick is there for our team and the other teams exact same free is soft or lucky. it's all just part of the sport. trying to pick out every free kick is impossible and would grind the game to a halt. and we'd just adjust our whinge to too many free kicks instead of not enough. it's just the back and forth of sport, and then on Monday we all go back to work.

plus umpiring is part of the theatre and drama of it all. everyone thinks they're hard done by the umps, and we all gloss over the dozens of mistakes made by our players. every football fan is a hypocrite, we all believe every free kick is there for our team and the other teams exact same free is soft or lucky. it's all just part of the sport. trying to pick out every free kick is impossible and would grind the game to a halt. and we'd just adjust our whinge to too many free kicks instead of not enough. it's just the back and forth of sport, and then on Monday we all go back to work.
To an extent. I was laughing early that we got lucky with a few iffy disposals so I can cop it both ways but we've seemingly copped it a few times this season. Chad in particular I've noticed cops a lot of high contact that gets ignored because he doesn't play for it.

As you said in an earlier post I'm not opposed to that being play on but it needs to be consistent. Hayward gave away a free in similar circumstances because the tiger played for it.

Even the buddy and cotch incident could have been avoided if the umps had stepped in to stop cotch three or four times scragging at buddy and blocking his run before buddy retaliated.

To an extent. I was laughing early that we got lucky with a few iffy disposals so I can cop it both ways but we've seemingly copped it a few times this season. Chad in particular I've noticed cops a lot of high contact that gets ignored because he doesn't play for it.

As you said in an earlier post I'm not opposed to that being play on but it needs to be consistent. Hayward gave away a free in similar circumstances because the tiger played for it.

Even the buddy and cotch incident could have been avoided if the umps had stepped in to stop cotch three or four times scragging at buddy and blocking his run before buddy retaliated.
i would say from the neutral games i've watched there would probably be 15-20 free kicks that i dont think hinder the game, like light holds that dont impede players or slight nudges and a player goes flying. and that's before even bringing up stuff like protected area and players now playing for 50 meter penalties. in my eyes alot of the stuff just works out itself if the game keeps rolling.

What the hades has happened to Fogarty?
Its actually really depressing to see how far he has regressed as a player.
doesnt work hard enough. doesnt work up the ground to get involved, still plays like the kid who was bigger than everyone else. you see the best forward get up the ground if stuff isnt working. riewoldt, walker, hawkins all get up the ground, fogarty just doesnt.

doesnt work hard enough. doesnt work up the ground to get involved, still plays like the kid who was bigger than everyone else. you see the best forward get up the ground if stuff isnt working. riewoldt, walker, hawkins all get up the ground, fogarty just doesnt.

Ugh, reminds me of Troy Menzel. Had all the talent in the world, but just too lazy and unaccountable. Players like that do your head in.

matt crouch has 15 touches for 21 sc points. milera with 2 touches. great stuff rushing them back in

Ugh, reminds me of Troy Menzel. Had all the talent in the world, but just too lazy and unaccountable. Players like that do your head in.
Nathan Ablett. Not through laziness though.
Could have been anything, but couldn't handle the hype of his last name. His brother was shielded from that for ages but being 1. An Ablett and 2. A key forward like dad. In a fishbowl 1 team town no less.

Stengle tracking towards AA squad at this rate.

UnitedWarrior93 how about that Stewart fella. :gun:

Nathan Ablett. Not through laziness though.
Could have been anything, but couldn't handle the hype of his last name. His brother was shielded from that for ages but being 1. An Ablett and 2. A key forward like dad. In a fishbowl 1 team town no less.

Stengle tracking towards AA squad at this rate.

UnitedWarrior93 how about that Stewart fella. :gun:

Thought Stewart was the most overrated player in the the comp according according some in this thread :)

I love Tommy De Koning, but can't help but feel his younger brother is going to be better (not a bad thing)

If you can find a couple of good young mids in your VFL team or MSD (easier said than done) Geelong are in as good a chance as any team from Melbourne downwards.

matt crouch has 15 touches for 21 sc points. milera with 2 touches. great stuff rushing them back in
Sadly, I think injuries have cooked Milera. He played well in patches in 2017-18 and looked like he would become the star we thought he would, but that looks very unlikely now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me about it. That straight swap for Kerridge was the epitome of lose-lose trade.

As for wasted talents, it's still hard to go past Damian Cupido. Had the ability to do absolutely anything and thought it would just happen.

Sadly, I think injuries have cooked Milera. He played well in patches in 2017-18 and looked like he would become the star we thought he would, but that looks very unlikely now.
he needs time to get his body and mind right. no footy for 2 years is going to * with you physically and mentally. naming him round one was some kind of sick joke by the club. he's still only 24.

Reading the Crows board, a lot of Adelaide fans want Nicks sacked, but I am honestly not convinced he is playing with a great hand, list wise.

Really stupid of their board to give him an extension to the end of 2024 though, esp with the soft cap and no one was likely to poach him.

For unproven/first time senior coaches, rolling contracts are the way to go, like what Carlton did with Bolton and Teague and North has with Noble.

Spares you a lengthy payout if you don't think he is your guy going fowards, plus doesn’t affect the crucial soft cap going into next season.

Reading the Crows board, a lot of Adelaide fans want Nicks sacked, but I am honestly not convinced he is playing with a great hand, list wise.

Really stupid of their board to give him an extension to the end of 2024 though, esp with the soft cap and no one was likely to poach him.

For unproven/first time senior coaches, rolling contracts are the way to go, like what Carlton did with Bolton and Teague and North has with Noble.

Spares you a lengthy payout if you don't think he is your guy going fowards, plus doesn’t affect the crucial soft cap going into next season.

Pish posh. Do it like United, sack the manager in 2013 and still pay him wages in 2019. 😂

Crows forward line today was state league standard. Only McAdam and Fogarty looked up to the level.
20 scoring shots from 36 inside 50's, other than poor kicking at goal we had our chances. mcadam was responsible for 3 of those misses

As for wasted talents, it's still hard to go past Damian Cupido. Had the ability to do absolutely anything and thought it would just happen.

Watched him kick 16 the other week. Are you suggesting captain coaching Girgarre in the Kyabram District League is wasting his talents😝

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back