Review Round 11 vs Hawks at TIO Stadium, Saturday 28th May, 7:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I mustn’t have been paying attention very well - or just glazed over it. I can’t actually remember hearing that once 😆

I only remember them saying it’s Touk’s 150th game next week.

And tonight was Dave Swallow’s 50th career win.
Selective hearing haha

I Dew remember hearing about Touk's 150 next week and Spittas 50th win (Could think of a more deserving bloke tbf)

But definitely heard the Hawthorn blokes mentioned twice maybe three times in quick succession about it, Obviously expected to happen the Hawks cheer squad in the booth

While we are talking commentators.. yes it sucks we got the B team of commentators.. how good is Abbey Holmes in special comments!
Also great to finally get a nationwide FTA game.
I have Kayo so changes nothing for me, but good to put on a show in front of a larger TV audience

One thing i'm surprised is not being spoken about is what a weak dog Jarman Impey is. In the third quarter in a bit of a tussle knocked Benny Ainsworth to the ground - Fair enough. But the ball was not even in the vicinity and Impey decided he would, from a full standing position, drop his knees into Bennys back.

Absolutely weak as piss. I can only assume by the lack of a mention on here that the live cameras did not capture it. Hopefully gets a mention through the week. Absolute scum

One thing i'm surprised is not being spoken about is what a weak dog Jarman Impey is. In the third quarter in a bit of a tussle knocked Benny Ainsworth to the ground - Fair enough. But the ball was not even in the vicinity and Impey decided he would, from a full standing position, drop his knees into Bennys back.

Absolutely weak as piss. I can only assume by the lack of a mention on here that the live cameras did not capture it. Hopefully gets a mention through the weak. Absolute scum
Definitely got replayed a few times.. weak as piss.. admittedly didn’t put his full weight through it.. but likely misconduct charge..

Watching the replay finally.

Gee we all underrate Freckle. He plays a role so well and is a tackling machine
Often has almost as many tackles as disposals, in a good way!

I reckon Holman the junkyard dog has gone to another level this year.

I still curse his name any time the ball comes near, but thought Graham wasn't bad either

Held his own. Looks like he has the skillset needed. We just have to be patient while he builds his experience and his body to fully see what may come. Definitely too early to delist. We would be back at square one with a draftee unless we fluke another Sammy Collins in the MSD.

As someone mentioned earlier, Collins was delisted at Freo at 21.

Absolutely weak as piss. I can only assume by the lack of a mention on here that the live cameras did not capture it. Hopefully gets a mention through the week. Absolute scum
It was pathetic, but it wasn't exactly going to injure Ainsworth who just got up with a bemused look on his face.
They spoke about it on the coverage and it was clearly announced Impey was reported.
Burgoyne, doing the special comments just said that it was the goal against which was most hurtful for the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was pathetic, but it wasn't exactly going to injure Ainsworth who just got up with a bemused look on his face.
They spoke about it on the coverage and it was clearly announced Impey was reported.
Burgoyne, doing the special comments just said that it was the goal against which was most hurtful for the Hawks.

Yeah watched on the replay finally. Still a dog move and hope he gets a week. But not as much force as it looked live

Sam De Koning probably in the box seat for Rising Star Nomination.

Reckon if Mally can play well and kick another 2-3 goals next week on his home deck against North he could be a good chance of nomination.

Watching the replay finally.

Gee we all underrate Freckle. He plays a role so well and is a tackling machine
Some just don't see the work Rowell does where others fear to tread - even Darcy remarked a number of time during the game that he was amazed at the work he does. Once he can be freed up to get some outside ball as well - we'll really see how good this guy is.

Izak is fourth in the league for goal assists despite missing 2 games.
The calls of selfishness by some in the media + plenty of opposition supporters on BF were so far off the mark its laughable.

Has had to find the balance of team structure vs. free lance play. Too far in any one direction and he becomes an ineffective player.
Both he and the coaching staff are seemingly working out where that balance lies.

Been an integral part of our improved attacking ability this year.
Just needing to tidy up his finishing on occasion. 4 goals 7 behinds the past month.

I’m really going to enjoy watching Joel Jeffrey over the next 10-15 years. Reminds me of one of my favourite ever players in Darryl White with his freakish athleticism and marking ability.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 9.56.43 am.png

Charlie having an underrated season. Last night one of his best games.
Positions himself so well and a reliable mark.

Intercepting only behind some of the elite defenders in the league
Sam Taylor, James Sicily, Tom Stewart, Tom Doedee

1%ers behind only
Dougal Howard, Sam Taylor, Tom Mccartin, Ryan Gardner, Jacob Weitering, Sam Collins, Darcy Moore, James Sicily, Harris Andrews.

Some just don't see the work Rowell does where others fear to tread - even Darcy remarked a number of time during the game that he was amazed at the work he does. Once he can be freed up to get some outside ball as well - we'll really see how good this guy is.
Not against Rowell and what he is doing, actually think he is contributing really well. Just reckon its a high chance he is battling ostitis pubis again and is why he can't excellerate like he normally would. Its exciting to think what he could do once he gets his running game going to throw in with what he does on the inside.

Not against Rowell and what he is doing, actually think he is contributing really well. Just reckon its a high chance he is battling ostitis pubis again and is why he can't excellerate like he normally would. Its exciting to think what he could do once he gets his running game going to throw in with what he does on the inside.
He might have OP but you’d think the club would be managing him if it was really affecting his football (surely we’ve learned this as a club by now not to ruin young player’s careers). I’ve never thought he’s been quick anyway.

The calls of selfishness by some in the media + plenty of opposition supporters on BF were so far off the mark its laughable.

Has had to find the balance of team structure vs. free lance play. Too far in any one direction and he becomes an ineffective player.
Both he and the coaching staff are seemingly working out where that balance lies.

Just needing to tidy up his finishing on occasion. 4 goals 7 behinds the past month.

I feel like he was being over coached and was restricting himself on his natural play.. now he is playing his natural game style and happy football he is more confident and knows his role

Hawthorn supporters roasting the umpiring
They wouldn’t even have had 2 goals in the first quarter if the umpire had realised it wasn’t basketball he was umpiring
( note to Brad Scott 2 handed throws aren’t cool)
Honestly if they thought the umpiring in any way contributed to that loss their heads are in the sand

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tidy up his conversion a bit in front of goals (has missed a few regulation chances) and those are elite numbers for a small forward. An incredible turnaround from him over the last few weeks.

Seems like the forward line as a whole is really starting to vibe and know their roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back