Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d wager that Hugo is our first choice keeper for at least another 2 years.

Replacing him just doesn’t seem like a priority for Paratici/Conte at present.
I'd be happy for him to do that. I'd still like an aging keeper to have a backup who isnt on record for having 3 very poor games in every 5 he plays

Last edited:

Id put money on us landing Bastoni with all the reports going around. All seems to fit in with one another. Price, age, relationships etc.

Would be a big step in the right direction
Normally I'd say fat chance and he probably wants a better deal to stay in Milan

But, we're in the CL again and now have his former coach which propelled his career into Italy's best longterm defensive prospect

So yeah, who knows

Normally I'd say fat chance and he probably wants a better deal to stay in Milan

But, we're in the CL again and now have his former coach which propelled his career

So yeah, who knows
Di Marzio says they need a 60m euro profit from this window for FFP and are hellbent on not sacrificing Martinez so Bastoni/Skriniar are the likely one's to be sacrificed. Then look to replace with Bremer for less money (who we're also interested in).

Di Marzio says they need a 60m euro profit from this window for FFP and are hellbent on not sacrificing Martinez so Bastoni/Skriniar are the likely one's to be sacrificed. Then look to replace with Bremer for less money (who we're also interested in).

Whatever happened to the Skriniar hype?

Seemed to be the be all and end all 12 months ago. or was it 24 months ago now?

Where are the Chavs at with their transfer embargo? Reckon they'd be sniffing about.

Juve surely too with Bonucci and Chiellini coming to the end.

Where are the Chavs at with their transfer embargo? Reckon they'd be sniffing about.

Juve surely too with Bonucci and Chiellini coming to the end.
The same dumb Juve who sold us Romero. What plonkers.

Chavs are chasing Tyrion Lannister aka Jules Kounde.

Interesting signing. Had a great season this year after Conte left, Conte let him go to Bayern in his 1st season and then last season was a bit of a down year for Perisic.

Would imagine he is coming in as a LWB/RWB option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting signing. Had a great season this year after Conte left, Conte let him go to Bayern in his 1st season and then last season was a bit of a down year for Perisic.

Would imagine he is coming in as a LWB/RWB option
Don't think I've ever seen Perisic out on the right before

Perisic is 100% a Son backup who can fill in at LWB too, would probably mean Bergwijn goes

Free transfer. Proven winner.
If he flops it costs us little and not for long either.

Good signing imo.
Agree 100 percent. Just interesting that conte didn't rate him massively at first, changed his mind and is endorsing it. Says a lot about Perisic's mentality which I like

Don't think I've ever seen Perisic out on the right before

Perisic is 100% a Son backup who can fill in at LWB too, would probably mean Bergwijn goes
He played Kulu at RWB in an emergency he could do the same. I think he'll be the LWB with Reggy out. And then minutes in attack etc. too

I'd imagine if we're signing Perisic we are no longer in for Kostic? We'd get more years out of Kostic but I love Perisic so still happy.

Hard working, a known quality and worked with Conte before. Tick, tick & tick.

Need a new midfielder. Hojbjerg is too safe and slow for counterattack football and struggles to deal with heavy press.

Can't someone fill me in on what Pericic plays like anywhere he'll fit in with us and Conte-ball?

Bastoni sounds like it's progressing well and Forster done on a free already.

3 players (kinda already done) shows we mean business. No "could be good", or "potential gun" types. Proven types who can play and play well early early.

Dunno how close we are actually to him yet first time seeing Spence today who we've been linked too. Was solid defensively and has some great pace. Liked his positioning too. Crossing though a weakness much like with Royal. Could still see him working under Conte though much like Moses did.

Last edited:
Can't someone fill me in on what Pericic plays like anywhere he'll fit in with us and Conte-ball?

He'd be the starting LWB. Has played there for Inter. Can also be back up for Son at LM.

Terms agreed with Bastoni. Paratici happy to bid around 50m after seeing just how good the money is when spending 43m on Romero.

Romero-Dier-Bastoni.... With Tanganga, Davies and one of Sanchez/Rodon as backups. Yes please!

Bit of balancing of the books could come into it and we sell both Sanchez and Rodon netting upward of 30m and we sign young English CB Ronnie Edwards for around 15m. Whilst more raw than the 2 he'd be replacing he would effectively be 6th choice CB and would spend the season developing mainly which is better for a young CB than someone like Rodon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back