Position 2022 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMewxNOVkAIhjip

Lipinski was a bad upgrade.

25 touches 2 goals and scores 78. The campaigner gets the footy he just doesn't score well. Was either him or JDG and I went with him. Could possibly sideways him to JDG but not sure if it's worth it. Could also flick him off to Baz, Bont or Parker but it will cost me a fair chunk of cash.
Both fool's gold mate, SC-wise. Get out while you can.

Rioli is a POD who is also a sub premo.
I have Rioli everyone else has Darcy Cameron.
He scores well I have a good round.
He needs to go at some stage and at his bye is a good time IMO.
Riolis ceiling is about 120.
Jeds is 170. (including 2020 scores)
Fair enough mate, just seems very sideways. And you're not even dodging a bye.

We're all getting Zerrett 🤣

I know you're in a furious hurry this year, but could you just wait a week or two to upgrade Rioli? Gives your rookies a little time to moo and who knows what happens in the mean time.
I'm not. I am going with Parish.

He will get all the mid time he can handle IMO. North running Greenwood and all the under 23 mids has not worked great so far this year.
Injury is the risk with Jed not scoring. Im willing to take the gamble with only 11 rounds to go. He has an excellent ceiling for a forward.
Interesting. You reckon Noble will jettison Greenwood to the 2s, when Hugh was his sole handpicked trade-in this year?
I reckon Greenwood is being held to a lower standard than much of the team and not sure whether Nobes is close to taking that plunge.

Mr buttox and other of the NM FC brethren, how insane would it be to strongly consider Jed Anderson at this point? 400K and the number one mid for the rest of the year, so it appears. Mighty appealing as F6 in that role, someone's gotta score the points and he always was a ball-hog.

Interesting. You reckon Noble will jettison Greenwood to the 2s, when Hugh was his sole handpicked trade-in this year?
I reckon Greenwood is being held to a lower standard than much of the team and not sure whether Nobes is close to taking that plunge.
Greenwood is just about cooked. He was never fast and that knee has slowed him even more.

I’m thinking both as I’ll need 2 mids when Bont swings forward. 2 Essendon mids in my finished team makes me feel disgusted with myself though. Could just wait for Petracca to bottom out.
Zach always worries me, with the gulf between his high/lows.

I’m thinking both as I’ll need 2 mids when Bont swings forward. 2 Essendon mids in my finished team makes me feel disgusted with myself though. Could just wait for Petracca to bottom out.
Steele would be a great POD if you can wait long enough.

Greenwood is just about cooked. He was never fast and that knee has slowed him even more.
Hell yeah, you'll find no argument from me about that. He seems like a top bloke, a great team leader, an enthusiastic hardened body at the contest, but bloody oath his pace is not AFL standard.
I'm just wondering whether Noble will be prepared for the about-face on his handsomely paid veteran recruit.

Mr buttox and other of the NM FC brethren, how insane would it be to strongly consider Jed Anderson at this point? 400K and the number one mid for the rest of the year, so it appears. Mighty appealing as F6 in that role, someone's gotta score the points and he always was a ball-hog.
I'm trading him in this week.
100ish average I reckon.
Tackle tackle tackle.
Massive scores + bad scores + not much in between.
I'm taking the punt.
Injury is the major risk.
He had an enlargerd heart(im not a doctor) as a side effect from his first dose. (November)
Wasnt able to train/do anything physical until March/April
Came back into the vfl for a quarter like 2months ago and came up sore so they put him off again. (Hamstring awareness)
Back up and running now fine after a big 6 months.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trading him in this week.
100ish average I reckon.
Tackle tackle tackle.
Massive scores + bad scores + not much in between.
I'm taking the punt.
Injury is the major risk.
He had an enlargerd heart(im not a doctor) as a side effect from his first dose. (November)
Wasnt able to train/do anything physical until March/April
Came back into the vfl for a quarter like 2months ago and came up sore so they put him off again.
Back up and running now fine after a big 6 months.
In that case...

3n3kng.jpg

Yeah saw he’s hoping to be back round 14 and will drop a fair bit. Not sure how viable it is to run with a rookie at M8 for another month or more though.

I’d rather a rookie M8 than a rookie F6/D6 i think. M8 is going to have to be my last upgrade.

Rookies should fatten enough in the next 3 weeks to get Steele/Petracca no worries.

Agree but it’s going to a long wait for Steele to get back and bottom out. Petracca might be too cheap to turn down.
Not sure how this chat ended up in the fwds thread.

Doesn’t necessarily have to bottom out, just has been to be cheaper than he should be is how I look at it. If I get Steele for 570k for example that’s 100k cheaper than his starting price.

View attachment 1414704
His 2020 scores fwiw
ceiling is huge.
Considering he went 144 last week these scores cant be totally ignored.
This is my entire reasoning. We know how big he goes and he should, in theory, be a more complete player now than in 2020. IIRC there was a period in that list where he was playing with a debilitating injury and also copping some hard tags.
Now that he is match-fit, he might just show that to be the case.
Anyway, with still more than 700 points between me and the leader, reward far outweighs risk. He is in 356 teams ATM.

Hell yeah, you'll find no argument from me about that. He seems like a top bloke, a great team leader, an enthusiastic hardened body at the contest, but bloody oath his pace is not AFL standard.
I'm just wondering whether Noble will be prepared for the about-face on his handsomely paid veteran recruit.
He’s worth trying as a forward I think.

He’s a actually a very good overhead mark and his tackling is excellent. Admittedly I’ve watched a lot less of him since he played for us but some of his best work for us was done inside 50.

This is my entire reasoning. We know how big he goes and he should, in theory, be a more complete player now than in 2020. IIRC there was a period in that list where he was playing with a debilitating injury and also copping some hard tags.
Now that he is match-fit, he might just show that to be the case.
Anyway, with still more than 700 points between me and the leader, reward far outweighs risk. He is in 356 teams ATM.
Dan Rioli to Jed nets me a very important 23k.( I can now afford English)
plus i am hoping better scores.
plus i have Jiska in tragics round 13 and need the better premo pod.
Gotta beat the mod at all costs.

He will get all the mid time he can handle IMO. North running Greenwood and all the under 23 mids has not worked great so far this year.
Injury is the risk with Jed not scoring. Im willing to take the gamble with only 11 rounds to go. He has an excellent ceiling for a forward.
I spent all week trying to work out a way of upgrading my f6 (Rioli) to English over then next 2 weeks trades.
I couldn't do it.
I then realized The easiest thing to do is downgrade Rioli to Jed and I get all the upgrades I want.
I will now be upgrading a 460k player over Rioli at 423k.
LOL, I didn't realise this had already been thrashed out today. Anyways, I'm in.

Dan Rioli to Jed nets me a very important 23k.( I can now afford English)
plus i am hoping better scores.
plus i have Jiska in tragics round 13 and need the better premo pod.
Gotta beat the mod at all costs.
The irony of telling said mod what you’re going to do three rounds out is not lost on me

What POD buttox? 😂

The irony of telling said mod what you’re going to do three rounds out is not lost on me

What POD buttox? 😂
All 3 i am trading in are currently pods.
Darcy, Jed and Teakle (not for long)
Its a Podish time of year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back