VFL Footscray vs Geelong, Friday 3 June, 4.05pm, VU Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats to QT (sorted by ranking points)...

QT.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Another almost quarter from JUH. He really should’ve had 3 or 4 shots on goal for a couple of goals but walks away with 0.1 and some dropped marks.

Our midfield is very ordinary. Surely we have an AFL listed player that could play on-ball? I get players playing in their prospective AFL positions but it’s seriously costing us.

Geelong's pressure is very good.

Really like the look of Mcpherson. Bit of a bull.

Arty Jones overran the ball a few times. Not sure if crapping himself or poor skill (or both)

Think we need to draft a few tbh. We haven't drafted a good young up and coming mid since who?
West and Garcia are our usual mids but obviously no hope of playing there in the AFL at the moment.

It’s probably time to draft a couple of developing midfielders to fill the holes that Treloar & Libba will leave in 2-3 years.

Geelong very conscious of JUH, has 3 players on him with every high ball entry. He's dropped at least 2 easy marks also.
Should have stuck a couple of those for sure, and the snap was a gimme too. I bloody hate seeing him in the VFL though. The amount of holding, double / triple teaming and bumping off ball he gets is ridiculous. Hard for him to build confidence when the opposition team treat him like plugger lockett

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No idea what the hell the Geelong defender was doing but he kicked it straight down the throat of JJ who ran into an open goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pressure and half tackle from Mara to set that one up too.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's why I don't pay attention to people saying that Marra is lazy and doesnt care, he might not be a pressure machine like Naughton but literally no other key forward is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back