Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Mastodon just dropped ‘Album of the Year’…

Cheers for bumping. Been on a Rocky kick this year, Frankenstein is absolutely insane. After finding the leaked version this year, over 2 years after it leaked, I was initially weirded out by the subtle changes. Suffice to say I love it even more now.

I might be the only person who’s still a huge fan of Brockhampton, and I even still have a BH avatar on here. But if you feel like you grew out of their music I’d strongly recommend Roadrunner, it’s musically and thematically way more mature than all of their other albums and perfectly executed everything that their previous albums tried to do. Only one song on the album is a bit of a miss imo (Chain On, which is track 2 so don’t let it dissuade you from the rest of the project) but yeah, it’s my favourite album of all time and is such a fulfilling listen. This song here is amazing, it’s undoubtedly the centrepiece of the album (along with Pt. 2) and I think it stands head and shoulders above the rest of their discography, much like the album where I actively like their other albums less after hearing Roadrunner for the first time.

Right now I'm listening to a house and drum and bass mix I made a couple of years ago but lately Ive been non-stop bumping Westside Gunn, Conway the Machine, Benny the Butcher, Action Bronson, Kendrick Lamar, JID, J. Cole, $uicideboy$ and lately I've been going through Eminem's whole discography. I've also been playing lots of 60 and 70s classic rock and psychedelic rock, 80s hits and 90's grunge. Sometimes even taking it back as far as the 50s. I love Aussie Indie bands like Sticky Fingers, Ocean Alley, Lime Cordiale, Hockey Dad and Skeggs. I also love taking it back to classic hip hop like Biggie, N.W.A, Cypress Hill, Wu-Tang, Snoop Dogg, Mobb Deep, Big L, Mos Def and the modern classics like MF DOOM, Mac Miller, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Jay Z ect. I don't know where I'd be without music to keep me alive

TISM ARE REFORMING CE1INEC1BIVT2KNFVWONVFW
Best news ever. Just a shame that it's for a festival, there's only 3 acts (TISM included) that I know anything from that I like but for TISM it might just be worth it.

Back