Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I'd be thinking - yes I want him in the seniors, but surely he blows out the cobwebs in the VFL
I agree. But from what I saw from menagola on Friday he needs another 1 or 2 to blow his cobwebs off. He is a long way off. Getting around the ground and disposals. Maybe more training helps but reckon at least one more in vfl.

I don’t imagine they put danger on a long flight there and back to play bottom team?

Good opportunity to get a couple more young players another crack before the full list is back where we want it

Post the next 3 weeks (which includes WC and North!!) we play 4 critical games that will shape our run to another crack. I would assume MC will be focussed on that?

What's happened with Willis, Whyte and Kroeger?

Has Willis gone back to SA? - he's never mentioned.

Kroeger made his VFL debut a couple of weeks back in round 10, where he unfortunately he broke his wrist

While for Willis, he's regularly been mentioned in the weekly injury updates

This is from last week:

First-year Cat Flynn Kroeger picked up an unfortunate injury in his first outing of the year for Geelong's VFL side.

"Flynn unfortunately has a small fracture in his wrist that will be treated conservatively and we hope to see Flynn back out there in the medium term," Taylor says.

"Flynn will still be able to work on his football fitness whilst his wrist recovers."

First-year Cats Cooper Whyte (groin) and James Willis (knee) remain sidelined, as do Sam Simpson(concussion), Paul Tsapatolis (ankle) and Nick Stevens (foot).

Kroeger made his VFL debut a couple of weeks back in round 10, where he unfortunately he broke his wrist

While for Willis, he's regularly been mentioned in the weekly injury updates

This is from last week:

First-year Cat Flynn Kroeger picked up an unfortunate injury in his first outing of the year for Geelong's VFL side.

"Flynn unfortunately has a small fracture in his wrist that will be treated conservatively and we hope to see Flynn back out there in the medium term," Taylor says.

"Flynn will still be able to work on his football fitness whilst his wrist recovers."

First-year Cats Cooper Whyte (groin) and James Willis (knee) remain sidelined, as do Sam Simpson(concussion), Paul Tsapatolis (ankle) and Nick Stevens (foot).
I understand Willis (Bruce as he of course is known!) might even be ready to be eased into VFL post bye - that would be exciting. I think the rest of the boys are still TBD

Hand.

He can keep fitness up.

Have a month off. Miss 2-3 games.

Allows others to slot back in.

Gives him a rest.

Not a biggy I don't think.
Short to medium term- what is that? Slightly concerning that they didn't say 2-3 weeks

Short to medium term- what is that? Slightly concerning that they didn't say 2-3 weeks
Reads like we'll know more once Parfitt has had surgery, and what steps are taken to help repair the break

Reads like we'll know more once Parfitt has had surgery, and what steps are taken to help repair the break
Come on. We know by now deliberate vagueness warrants absolutely zero benefit of the doubt.

Come on. We know by now deliberate vagueness warrants absolutely zero benefit of the doubt.
They've said they'll reassess things after surgery - guessing if all goes well it'll be short term, but if it's not as simple as currently hoped it'll be more medium term; will he do further damage playing in the short term after surgery or do they sign off on him being good to go

"Brandan’s status will be assessed post-surgery, however it is expected he will be unavailable for the short to medium term."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kroeger is "short to medium term" without surgery. Time will tell

He played on for a short period of time after the incident - hoping that means no displacement with the fracture, and it's just a case of waiting for it to heal

He played on for a short period of time after the incident - hoping that means no displacement with the fracture, and it's just a case of waiting for it to heal
But not requiring surgery.

Hand.

He can keep fitness up.

Have a month off. Miss 2-3 games.

Allows others to slot back in.

Gives him a rest.

Not a biggy I don't think.
Better than a hammy or calf yes

Go Catters

Ummm Stewart was concussed in the second quarter tackling Bailey Smith wonder if there are wires crossed here.
It seems Smith did a bit of damage.

Parfitt is a significant loss and not easily replaced. Holmes will help, but he is not ready to bang heads with the big boys all game.

Hopefully back for Melbourne and Carlton games.
Totally agree. Parf gets more than his fair share of 'meh' from some here. But, in a midfield that lacks accountability and a willingness to always work hard defensively, he is absolutely vital for us.

Having him back for the Dees game will be hugely important, I believe. We got belted in the PF last year for many reasons. But the #3's absence certainly didn't help.

Parfitt is a significant loss and not easily replaced. Holmes will help, but he is not ready to bang heads with the big boys all game.

Hopefully back for Melbourne and Carlton games.

He is a big loss but menegola will help cover parfitts great defensive pressure when he is back.

Narkle definitely dropped now as you cant have his non chasing without parfitts defensive work to balance it out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back