PRGuy to be unmasked

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Generally speaking I don't have any problem with platforms being forced to identify authors of defamatory material. If I was to write a defamatory newspaper article under a pseudonym, the paper would be forced to reveal my identity if sued - and rightly so.

I do think there are some practicalities that need to be worked out, though - I don't think anyone wants to see spurious lawsuits popping up simply as a means of doxxing people.

Defamation is defamation and thus the law should prevail

There are also laws about privacy and any information handed over to a third party should be done so for a proper purpose. Further the person receiving the information should only be able to use the information for "that" proper purpose.

Certainly sets a precedent.

* unfurls list *
Ah5A.gif

Maybe we can find out who that rw mutt from wa that keeps coming back here is :)

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Defamation is defamation and thus the law should prevail

There are also laws about privacy and any information handed over to a third party should be done so for a proper purpose. Further the person receiving the information should only be able to use the information for "that" proper purpose.
Yeah but I'm not sure you can damage someone's reputation who jokingly or not proclaimed themselves a "Nazi"

Has PRGuy17 revealed that Avi is actually a nice guy and didn't get convicted for domestic violence?

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Generally speaking I don't have any problem with platforms being forced to identify authors of defamatory material. If I was to write a defamatory newspaper article under a pseudonym, the paper would be forced to reveal my identity if sued - and rightly so.

I do think there are some practicalities that need to be worked out, though - I don't think anyone wants to see spurious lawsuits popping up simply as a means of doxxing people.

Agree, though in this case I'm not sure that Avi will get the result that he is hoping for by unmasking PRGuy...

Yeah but I'm not sure you can damage someone's reputation who jokingly or not proclaimed themselves a "Nazi"

Has PRGuy17 revealed that Avi is actually a nice guy and didn't get convicted for domestic violence?

The way it works in most cases is, the person is contacted and asked to apologise and retract the statement

The person can agree with the request or tell them to shove it

Then the process begins or ends. Either way, the legal process and privacy must be respected by all parties.

The details of this case or any other are irrelevant to the concept.

What are the tweets which have provoked the defamation claim ?

Apparently

Among the tweets include claims that Yemini was a “threat to Australia’s national security” through the thick of lockdowns across Victoria at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, and that he was a “criminal” that either caused or contributed to “surging COVID-19 cases” and ongoing lockdowns in Melbourne, where Yemini is based.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Apparently

Among the tweets include claims that Yemini was a “threat to Australia’s national security” through the thick of lockdowns across Victoria at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, and that he was a “criminal” that either caused or contributed to “surging COVID-19 cases” and ongoing lockdowns in Melbourne, where Yemini is based.

That's it? Really?

"Threat to national security" - is vague. By extrapolation, people could freely make that claim about all kinds of things (climate intransigence, refugee stance, etc.)

"Criminal" = convicted and fined for throwing a chopping board at his partner's head.

"Contributed to surging cases" = arrested when in breach of covid gathering rules.

Where are all the freeze peach warriors at to defend this PRGuy?

That's it? Really?

"Threat to national security" - is vague. By extrapolation, people could freely make that claim about all kinds of things (climate intransigence, refugee stance, etc.)

"Criminal" = convicted and fined for throwing a chopping board at his partner's head.

"Contributed to surging cases" = arrested when in breach of covid gathering rules.

As far as I can find…. That’s it.

We will find out PR guy is a 20 something, white, professional Uni student, no kids, no mortgage, bullied through school whose life's work is his twitter feed.

what did you study at uni?

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Wanting to have PRGuy unmasked because they aren't on their team.

Poor little Avi the criminal, must be hard being a tough man of the far right when all you can do is throw chopping boards and cry about twitter accounts.

Back