Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only matters for the Right Wing media to make a big story out of it, if it's a Govt employee.

I'm guessing it's somebody who works in the Premier's office in Public Relations.

In which case the media will make a big song and dance about it but nobody will really care.

Does anyone think it's just some random punter who knows nothing about the workings of Govt? Could be the ALP's PR firm. If so, I'd suggest it's been a success if it's now front page in the Costello and Murdoch media.

It only matters for the Right Wing media to make a big story out of it, if it's a Govt employee.

I'm guessing it's somebody who works in the Premier's office in Public Relations.

In which case the media will make a big song and dance about it but nobody will really care.

Does anyone think it's just some random punter who knows nothing about the workings of Govt? Could be the ALP's PR firm. If so, I'd suggest it's been a success if it's now front page in the Costello and Murdoch media.
Good time to reveal now. Nobody is listening to the LNP gronks.

Those guys should be praising the dude/dudette for epic trolls. They love that stuff.

if they were posting non confidential s**t in their own time, no cares at all. most govt roles dont preclude you from having a political opinion (ie firefighters have been very vocal politically)

if they are breaking confidentiality or impartiality requirements, then they are looking for a new job and potentially getting a whack

again, i dont follow the dude at all simply because i have zero interest in following anon whisper accounts on twitter (its bad enough during trade week)

The trouble was despite not following shitty Twitter accounts, this thread was full of all their bullshit tweets. So most don’t follow but know all about them due to the constant spamming by a certain moderator.

The trouble was despite not following shitty Twitter accounts, this thread was full of all their bullshit tweets. So most don’t follow but know all about them due to the constant spamming by a certain moderator.

who cares

if posting integrity matters to you, does that mean you are finally leaving victoria?

It comes down to where, when, to what extent….
You'll have to be less cryptic.

Are you saying that IF this person was a state employee AND they were paid by the state to run a pro-Labor Twitter account THEN it's the same as the election stuff?

Have they ever said they are or are not a state employee? A Labor party employee?

Are you saying that IF this person was a state employee AND they were paid by the state to run a pro-Labor Twitter account THEN it's the same as the election stuff?

Have they ever said they are or are not a state employee? A Labor party employee?
I don’t know if they have said that. Does it matter?

Yes that’s what I’m saying.

I don’t know if they have said that. Does it matter?
Yes. If they have lied about who they work for then yes it does matter.

If they have stated from the outset "I'm a State gov employee but this is my private account I post to in my own time" then what is the problem?

Or if they have said "I am a Labor party employee and I post whenever I feel like it" what is the problem?

Another point: Have they posted inside information? Information not known to journalists or the general public? Or do they just post commentary?

If a Ministerial staffer was PRGuy, that's a bad look and nothing more.

If it was a public servant (that is Departmental comms staff), then they would be doing it at the direction of the government and it would probably still amount to nothing more than a bad look. Both would arguably be a not-entirely-appropriate use of taxpayer funds.

The red shirts signed documents stating they were working for a purpose in a place whereas they were working somewhere different for purposes clearly prohibited by Parliament's rules. It's in a different class of offence, and the work performed by the red shirts had a clear and fundamental effect on the result of the 2014 State Election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My interpretation of the question is whether it is seen to be OK for someone being paid by the state to engage in political activity to promote one or another party
I suppose though if the twitter posts are all happening outside of work hours, it could be deemed private use
so different to red shirts where paid hours were being used

My interpretation of the question is whether it is seen to be OK for someone being paid by the state to engage in political activity to promote one or another party
I suppose though if the twitter posts are all happening outside of work hours, it could be deemed private use
so different to red shirts where paid hours were being used

That's right. But it goes a bit further than that.

Now admittedly, this is putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 7 or 8.

But what if PRGuy is an employee of the state, and uses the account to message other employees of the state to "trend" various messages?

I understand that Dan Andrews' communications team has grown exponentially in recent years. To what extent is that comms team being used for party political purposes? Particularly when the political message being sent out includes such inflammatory stuff as calling opponents of vaccine mandates "nazis" and "fascists"? Which is a weird and historically ignorant thing to call anyone who is opposed to mandated government policy.

That's right. But it goes a bit further than that.

Now admittedly, this is putting 2 and 2 together to come up with 7 or 8.

But what if PRGuy is an employee of the state, and uses the account to message other employees of the state to "trend" various messages?

I understand that Dan Andrews' communications team has grown exponentially in recent years. To what extent is that comms team being used for party political purposes? Particularly when the political message being sent out includes such inflammatory stuff as calling opponents of vaccine mandates "nazis" and "fascists"? Which is a weird and historically ignorant thing to call anyone who is opposed to mandated government policy.

Avi Yemini identifies as a nazi. He is on video telling a nazi rally that he is a proud jewish nazi.

But yeah, PRGuy is the bad one :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back