Vent 2022 Vents / regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

So only time will tell if this remains a vent or becomes a full blown regret....

Sunday arvo. Key cash league matchup. 3 trades done, boost activated but unused. All my opponent has left is Lipinski, and I have a 120 point lead (assuming neither Brodie or Neale go sub 40 in the last game, and if they did my lead would only increase).

Check scores at the end of the game. Lipisnki 121 after piling it on in the last quarter (from memory was on 80 odd at 3QT). Bugger me. 1 point loss coming my way. Assess my options. If I do anything it has to be in defence to take the score. Option a) burn a trade and a boost. No thanks. Im well situated for trades and boosts, but still no thanks. Would cost me 2 trades by the time I replaced whoever I traded out of Doch/Hewett/Rids.

Enter option B. Undo trades. Realise I can undo bringing in Owens & move Hewett to mids and bring someone else in. I've got cash in the bank. Zorko? High BE, no thanks. Rich? High BE, no thanks. Freo? Slim pickings there. All I need is 45 points (drop McCombs 43 + 2 point turnaround). Enter Keidon Coleman. 88/106/84 last 3. $360k. BE 21. Round 14 bye, which im stacked for. Def/Fwd DPP, helpful when i'll likely have to drop one of SDK/Paddy Mac next week. Having flashbacks to losing all 3 bye rounds last year in said cashie which nearly derailed my season. Screw it. Pull the trigger. Go about my Sunday evening.

Circle back later. Coleman on 34 at QT, already passed his BE and well on the way to getting me the win. Happy days. Then it dawns on me. Projected margin has changed. Why? Eventually, I spot it. Lipinski. 119. Eventually I realise scaling hadnt dropped in yet when I checked earlier. Meaning my 1 point loss changed to a 1 point win and I needed to do nothing.

FU SC Gods.

Last edited:
Anyone listed below is a campaigner. Underperformed their averages by an average of 26 points each. How is it even possible for that many premos to s**t the bed in one week? Especially the ******* bye week. Cost me 235 points. 😡😡
Sicily
Petracca
Neale
Lyons
Darcy
Heeney
Parker
Macrae
Dunkley

tenor (31).gif

Thought it was a super safe trade at the time. Thought he'd atleast average 100-105.
yep, thought that too didn't anticipate him moving back in the midfield

Darcy. Knew Meek would have some impact but 59 FMD.
Now Meek will be a regular .....it's a twin act now

tumblr_peaiyt96vC1tpri36o1_400.gifv

So only time will tell if this remains a vent or becomes a full blown regret....

Sunday arvo. Key cash league matchup. 3 trades done, boost activated but unused. All my opponent has left is Lipinski, and I have a 120 point lead (assuming neither Brodie or Neale go sub 40 in the last game, and if they did my lead would only increase).

Check scores at the end of the game. Lipisnki 121 after piling it on in the last quarter (from memory was on 80 odd at 3QT). Bugger me. 1 point loss coming my way. Assess my options. If I do anything it has to be in defence to take the score. Option a) burn a trade and a boost. No thanks. Im well situated for trades and boosts, but still no thanks. Would cost me 2 trades by the time I replaced whoever I traded out of Doch/Hewett/Rids.

Enter option B. Undo trades. Realise I can undo bringing in Owens & move Hewett to mids and bring someone else in. I've got cash in the bank. Zorko? High BE, no thanks. Rich? High BE, no thanks. Freo? Slim pickings there. All I need is 45 points (drop McCombs 43 + 2 point turnaround). Enter Keidon Coleman. 88/106/84 last 3. $360k. BE 21. Round 14 bye, which im stacked for. Def/Fwd DPP, helpful when i'll likely have to drop one of SDK/Paddy Mac next week. Having flashbacks to losing all 3 bye rounds last year in said cashie which nearly derailed my season. Screw it. Pull the trigger. Go about my Sunday evening.

Circle back later. Coleman on 34 at QT, already passed his BE and well on the way to getting me the win. Happy days. Then it dawns on me. Projected margin has changed. Why? Eventually, I spot it. Lipinski. 119. Eventually I realise scaling hadnt dropped in yet when I checked earlier. Meaning my 1 point loss changed to a 1 point win and I needed to do nothing.

FU SC Gods.
huh? how did you assess your options at the end of the game and make changes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

huh? how did you assess your options at the end of the game and make changes?

In addition to what THECHIEFTON said (although I did it slightly differently by going to undo changes and selecting update trade on Owens), my opponent and I both had Brodie and Neale in the last game of the round, Lipinski in the 2nd last game was the last unique (Until I traded in Coleman). There was a half an hour gap between the two games.

In addition to what THECHIEFTON said (although I did it slightly differently by going to undo changes and selecting update trade on Owens), my opponent and I both had Brodie and Neale in the last game of the round, Lipinski in the 2nd last game was the last unique (Until I traded in Coleman). There was a half an hour gap between the two games.
oh sorry i got confused and somehow thought lipinski was playing in the freo bris game lol

To say SC has put me in a bad mood would be an understatement. I feel like I could be in here all weekend.

How the effing hell does Walsh score 74 against that horrible bombers outfit from 29 bloody touches! He was on 17 after his first 3 touches then proceeds to score 57 from his other 26 touches.

Then on top of that VC Parish had to get a corkie and be subbed out for 51.

Then new recruit Merett rolls out a 90 after looking disinterested all night.

Out of Cripps, hewett, Walsh, Merett and Parish last night I expected a conservative 550+

They have rolled out 439 for me. An average of 88 per player.

Up to last night there combines averages were 115.

This is meant to be my good week where I rise in the rankings and cruised to league victories.

Get absolutely flucked 😡

Call it a vent or a regret, or like I am, a morality tale.

So I decide that Darcy Parish is now a must have; one calf and 51 points later, here we are.
Many fellow campaigners decided on Zach Merrett, under a similar rationale; Full game, 90 points, cheers, thanks a lot.

He who takes an Essendon player in the guise of a premium scorer is as he who pisses into the wind and then is surprised at being soaked by his own waste product.

Ah well, at least DP will still have 600K on his skin. It'll be a happy trade to someone who plays for a proper team...

Call it a vent or a regret, or like I am, a morality tale.

So I decide that Darcy Parish is now a must have; one calf and 51 points later, here we are.
Many fellow campaigners decided on Zach Merrett, under a similar rationale; Full game, 90 points, cheers, thanks a lot.

He who takes an Essendon player in the guise of a premium scorer is as he who pisses into the wind and then is surprised at being soaked by his own waste product.

Ah well, at least DP will still have 600K on his skin. It'll be a happy trade to someone who plays for a proper team...
I'm pissed that he got 4 points from scaling (8 after being subbed off) and Walsh 1

Last edited:
What's up with drivers stopping in the middle of roundabouts to give way to pedestrians? Seeing a fair bit of this recently. Particularly weird as said roundabouts have islands for pedestrians to wait at. Pedestrians are actually waiting and the car stops and driver waves them across. 😵‍💫
IKR, fancy considering other people's needs when you are driving?

In all seriousness, I saw a classic rear-ender just the other day in this exact scenario. That is precisely why any half-decent driver knows that you don't interrupt the flow of traffic thru a busy roundabout with surprise acts of uncalled for courtesy.

IKR, fancy considering other people's needs when you are driving?

In all seriousness, I saw a classic rear-ender just the other day in this exact scenario. That is precisely why any half-decent driver knows that you don't interrupt the flow of traffic thru a busy roundabout with surprise acts of uncalled for courtesy.
It's a roundabout not a marked pedestrian crossing. It's not courtesy, it's *ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back