Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt is an absolutely critical player. One of only a few mids with Atkins and perhaps Guthrie that are prepared to run both ways. His disposal can be frustrating at times but his positive attributes far outweigh the negatives. He’d get a game at every other club.

What's the deal with Higgins?

I know a lot of people would prefer he didn't play anyway, but he played a few decent games for the club at the start of the year, and is at least decent depth.

But he's been out with 'general soreness' now for weeks. what's the story there?

I know a lot of people would prefer he didn't play anyway, but he played a few decent games for the club at the start of the year, and is at least decent depth.

But he's been out with 'general soreness' now for weeks. what's the story there?
Currently in Tassie enjoying a holiday with a few teammates

I can see both sides of it. To me he’s unquestionably an important player and we will miss him. But he’s also flawed, particularly his kicking, so I get some of the criticism too.
our best in and under player, simple as that imho

Good question. Trying to get him near 100% fitness to see if he can reach a higher standard than so far this season?

For myself, even as a fan of Parf's, I totally accept the criticism of his disposal by foot. Fact is, though, he brings qualities defensively around the ball that this team desperately needs.

Is he everything we hoped he might be? No way.

Is he a vital cog in keeping this team competitive in the middle as the team transitions? Absolutely.
I actually think he’s better than I thought early on. Didn’t think he had as much scope to become a full time mid. The kicking still annoys me though.

our best in and under player, simple as that imho
At winning the ball? He’s still behind Danger and Selwood just on stats. But he contributes more than then defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree..but will he play? who knows i suppose. Will be a choice in the end I think between him and someone like Dempsey/Evans/Mitch?

I suspect Neale will play (rest Hawke) as will Kolo and maybe menagola

who is out again do we think? Parf, Dal? Narkle? manage 1 and 2

Parfitt has a broken hand and is out for a month.

I actually think he’s better than I thought early on. Didn’t think he had as much scope to become a full time mid. The kicking still annoys me though.
I don't think you can watch our games and not be somewhat annoyed by his kicking. It really is the only glaring issue in his game.

But, all things considered, I've still got him clearly in the best 18 at the club (during an era when we've continued to play deep into just about every season). So I find it hard to be overly critical of him and his overall contribution to making our team competitive.

Preparing for life after footy hopefully.

I don't think you can watch our games and not be somewhat annoyed by his kicking. It really is the only glaring issue in his game.

But, all things considered, I've still got him clearly in the best 18 at the club (during an era when we've continued to play deep into just about every season). So I find it hard to be overly critical of him and his overall contribution to making our team competitive.
Interesting- I have him easily in our most important 10 players. Ahead of Isaac Smith tbh.
Blic, JC, Hawkins, Stewart, Guthrie, Danger, Parfitt, Selwood, Duncan, Stanley, Stengle, Smith would be my top 12, with DeK rapidly closing in.
Danger and Duncan a bit iffy.
Henry yet to make his impact this year.

Last edited:
There will be no excuses left in the cupboard when he comes back.. He should be as good as he is going to get.
I get the feeling that CS is possibly reacting to how he treated some of our ageing immortals (Bartel, Kelly, Chappy, SJ) and let's face it, at that stage Clarko did exactly that with Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell- but maybe he feels that he does not need to be as ruthless with former stars like Higgins and Dahlhaus. Not sure, but maybe there's something like that. But he owes Higgins and Dahlhaus nothing.

I get the feeling that CS is possibly reacting to how he treated some of our ageing immortals (Bartel, Kelly, Chappy, SJ) and let's face it, at that stage Clarko did exactly that with Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell- but maybe he feels that he does not need to be as ruthless with former stars like Higgins and Dahlhaus. Not sure, but maybe there's something like that. But he owes Higgins and Dahlhaus nothing.

I was going to respond to in a certain direction but I think its better to not go down that rabbithole. ... Higgins will probably get another chance and when he does he must impact , he must bring his bets game ... he has had more than enough time now to freshenen up. Parfitt's injury might be his opportunity to end it in a more palatable way.

Higgins seems to glide along without being desperate to get the ball or tackle (unlike Dahl). I wouldn’t mind this so much if, when he gets the ball, he was classy, damaging and could impact the scoreboard directly or indirectly, but I don’t have many memories of Higgins doing this.

Higgins seems to glide along without being desperate to get the ball or tackle (unlike Dahl). I wouldn’t mind this so much if, when he gets the ball, he was classy, damaging and could impact the scoreboard directly or indirectly, but I don’t have many memories of Higgins doing this.
Not for us, anyway. Now seems he came to us a couple of years too late to see his optimal output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back