Autopsy 2022 Round 13 - North Melbourne v GWS Giants, Sunday 12 June, 3:20 PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion, what’s going on with Preuss? Why isn’t he being picked? (Yes it’s a fantasy question)
Flynn's looked good although not perfect as a solo ruck and it gives them more flexibility in the lineup with Flynn's ability to go foward with Sproule being fine enough as a chop out option. Preuss will get another go at some point but Flynn's playing really well atm and the interchangability of Flynn/Sproule gives more flexibility when picking a team.

Pardon the intrusion, what’s going on with Preuss? Why isn’t he being picked? (Yes it’s a fantasy question)
Don't really know. He's being picked in the emergencies so presumably is OK to play, or at least 90% (2 weeks ago was aftermath of illness, so possibly was given more time to recover). I would play both him and Flynn against Norths and Brisbane ... maybe with his recent illness the selectors don't think he can play as the solo ruck for a whole game but don't want to play 2 rucks hence choosing Flynn.

Flynn's looked good although not perfect as a solo ruck and it gives them more flexibility in the lineup with Flynn's ability to go foward with Sproule being fine enough as a chop out option. Preuss will get another go at some point but Flynn's playing really well atm and the interchangability of Flynn/Sproule gives more flexibility when picking a team.

Don't really know. He's being picked in the emergencies so presumably is OK to play, or at least 90% (2 weeks ago was aftermath of illness, so possibly was given more time to recover). I would play both him and Flynn against Norths and Brisbane ... maybe with his recent illness the selectors don't think he can play as the solo ruck for a whole game but don't want to play 2 rucks hence choosing Flynn.
Thanks guys. Strange one as he’s looked really good in the games I’ve seen him in (and he was dominating for my draft fantasy team). Hopefully he gets another crack.

Any thoughts on where Himmelberg and Ash will play? I’m assuming both will play in the backline alongside Taylor, Idun, Keeffe, Ward and Cumming which means Kennedy and Whitfield play Half forward/wing

Any thoughts on where Himmelberg and Ash will play? I’m assuming both will play in the backline alongside Taylor, Idun, Keeffe, Ward and Cumming which means Kennedy and Whitfield play Half forward/wing
At a guess, Himmelberg KPD alongside Taylor & Keeffe. Without Haynes, Taylor & HH will do more intercepting.

Ward seems to play off half-back these days. I'd guess Ash will play more midfield, adding some zip there. Kennedy off half back, and Whitfield half forward flank where he played last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great quarter. Playing as a team. Something like 80% kicking efficiency. Go Giants!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back