Game Day Match Thread RD 13 vs Hawks @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont be a pretty game but we'll win, Hawks are turnover merchants and our midfield will be way to strong for them. They only run one way and are coming up against the best defensive team in the land. I feel like this is the North Melbourne game where everyone is nervous for some reason but reality is we are a way better side then them and they'll struggle to score 40 points.

Most weeks I have no clue as to what outcome to expect, but I know one thing Freo have become a well-oiled machine at rapid pace this year and we've shot up the rankings as a result, when we were recently compared to important stats that saw Melbourne become Premiers last year, we ranked more or less exactly the same....#1 for this, #1 for that....

I know a lot of talk about Freo this year has made a number of posters here (and no doubt not here..) nervous, it feels like we're almost entering uncharted territory given how young this side is and how much it would mean to win the competition and finally get that monkey off our back once and for all.........but here we are, and another win takes us ever a step closer to at least playing finals. It's hard to predict the future, but I think most of us agree ours looks bright and our premiership window at the very least has opened, once again....it doesn't mean we are gonna win it, we know damn well 3 quarters of the squad let alone team has never tasted finals before. But we're developing a team that could be contending for a good while, let's see how far we get to go this year...

I think we're too strong collectively across the park and with Fyfe coming in with the way the team is 'balanced' it's interesting more people are nervous about Fyfe fitting in than the other way round. The pressure is off him in so many ways, just go out there and play!

Wet weather or not, I feel we've grown from those losses off the back of 2 very impressive, important and confidence-building wins against the 2 top sides currently in the comp. We seem VERY good at learning, tactically adapting and beating the oppositions at their own game (in some cases). J-Lo is showing early in his coaching tenure that he is already some kind of mastermind and he's ready to take this club to places it's never been before. It's as exciting a time as it can get!!

I feel this is an opportunity to add another string to the bow, Freo by 38 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want to rub their faces into the dirt with this one. Just an early blitz and then grind and constant lead build. Like the north game.

But I’ll take 4 points. No injuries. Fyfe finds a place and maybe a cheeky seasonal highlight similar to Acres from the boundary.

So a goal square mark?
Smirk Grin GIF by iQiyi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back