Teams Parramatta

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like another Eel is going to depart at the end of the season, NSW SOO rep Ryan Matterson is rumoured to be heading to Redcliffe.

Dolphins poised to land off contract Eels star Ryan Matterson in huge coup

Hopefully not true as he has been excellent this season and we have already lost backrowers Papali'i and Niukore and prop/second rower Kaufusi.

Matterson only playing well now because he is playing for a contract. I heard he is a bit of whinger that does things his own way.

Well done on him getting picked for origin his form been great for 6 weeks but seriously the previous 2 years he has been underwhelming.

He didn't even make the team in the semi final last year against Newcastle.

Matterson only playing well now because he is playing for a contract. I heard he is a bit of whinger that does things his own way.

Well done on him getting picked for origin his form been great for 6 weeks but seriously the previous 2 years he has been underwhelming.

He didn't even make the team in the semi final last year against Newcastle.
I'm more concerned about the number of backrowers we have lost this season, if Matterson departs that is four leaving us with only Lane, Cartwright and a couple of juniors remaining. That's a massive hit, I'd hope the morons in charge are looking at replacements.

Well, that's another year down the toilet, and with the number of players leaving at the end of the season a mini rebuild is going to be required and that means our chase for the Holy Grail is more than likely going to surpass 40 years.

Last edited:

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well, that's another year down the toilet, and with the number of players leaving at the end of the season and mini rebuild is going to be required and that means our chase for the Holy Grail is more than likely going to surpass 40 years.
I turn 28 this week and already consigned myself mentally to never seeing parra win a premiership.

I was at the game today in a bulldogs corporate box and it was just humiliating. No backbone in this side when it gets tough.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Well, that's another year down the toilet, and with the number of players leaving at the end of the season a mini rebuild is going to be required and that means our chase for the Holy Grail is more than likely going to surpass 40 years.
Yeah, not looking great.
Really think we have underachieved under Arthur and don’t want him there for the rebuild that’s coming

There has been some today that Papali’i wants to backflip on his Tigers deal because of McGuires sacking and resign with Parramatta. This is a rumour I hope is true.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
There has been some today that Papali’i wants to backflip on his Tigers deal because of McGuires sacking and resign with Parramatta. This is a rumour I hope is true.
Well it would be nice to keep him.

But it's not like he didn't know what he was getting himself into when signing with a basketcase like the Tigers.

So it's hard to feel sorry for him. He had a choice to take less and play for a stronger/stable club or take more money for a s**t club.

A lot of talk again today about Papali'i thinking about backflipping on their three year contract with the Tigers. You would have to think that this is real possibility this time, the Tigers look like a mess at the moment and it wouldn't be a place I'd like to go and play at.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
A lot of talk again today about Papali'i thinking about backflipping on their three year contract with the Tigers. You would have to think that this is real possibility this time, the Tigers look like a mess at the moment and it wouldn't be a place I'd like to go and play at.
What happened with this?

Bloody hope he reneges on it and re-signs with us

Also, have we turned a corner for the umpteenth time? Or just feasting on some teams who have put the cue in the rack?

I guess we at least will probably avoid Soufs unless both teams go deep like PF/GF, everyone else we can beat on our day

What happened with this?

Also, have we turned a corner for the umpteenth time? Or just feasting on some teams who have put the cue in the rack?

I guess we at least will probably avoid Soufs unless both teams go deep like PF/GF, everyone else we can beat on our day
I read somewhere he is going to make a decision at the end of the season, which surely isn't great for both the Tigers and us, because we have to save money in the cap to resign him and it's a little late for the Tigers with their planning for the following season.

As for Parra's form turn around, we only turn up and play our best football against the good teams, so now that we have finished in the top four you would have to think we are chance of ending the drought this season. As long as we don't play the Rabbits, for some reason they not only have the wood on us, but continually embarrass us by 30pts each time.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
What happened with this?

He was on the farewell list when they announced players departing at the ground last night.

swansdiehard24

Draftee
Sep 5, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
I read somewhere he is going to make a decision at the end of the season, which surely isn't great for both the Tigers and us, because we have to save money in the cap to resign him and it's a little late for the Tigers with their planning for the following season.

As for Parra's form turn around, we only turn up and play our best football against the good teams, so now that we have finished in the top four you would have to think we are chance of ending the drought this season. As long as we don't play the Rabbits, for some reason they not only have the wood on us, but continually embarrass us by 30pts each time.
I think Parra seems to perform poorly against the bunnies is because of their lack of structure. Teams that are well structured like Melbourne and Penrith they seem to play well against. Good chance to make the GF provided they don't play the bunnies

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
With my broncs shitting the bed and my steadfast refusal to support the storm (although i do get a kick out of the anger them winning produces) im in on the eels for this finals series. My boy Gutho deserves a flag.
That's a surprise most opposition fans hate King Gutho.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Parra seems to perform poorly against the bunnies is because of their lack of structure. Teams that are well structured like Melbourne and Penrith they seem to play well against. Good chance to make the GF provided they don't play the bunnies
Souffs should be gone this week so that roadblock will be taken away.

I still think it will be a Parramatta/Penrith GF.

So someone might have the beat there rivals twice to win the comp.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moses will play.

Lucky its not the AFL mandatory 10 day stand rule.

Unfortunately Brad Arthur has weaseled his son into the team he won't get rid of him.

Nepotism at its finest.
Yep :(

Tossing up whether to bitchbet/hedgebet on Canberra or not

Will want to put brownlow bets on anyway

Back