Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets rid of the stand rule and reverses all of this nonsense politically correct crap like the dissent shite from this year I frankly wouldn't care If it was Scomo himself.

Always enjoyed his work on the Aus open panels each year too
I had an overseas friend watch the game on TV and he was wondering why someone kept on shouting "Stan". He genuinely thought it was an ad promo for the streaming service.

Is this a joke?
Right wing transphobe and climate skeptic Josh Frydenberg is apparantly frontrunner to become AFL CEO.
It just goes to show the AFL are more concerned with generating profits for corporates rather than making the AFL the game of the people.
As a politician he gave millions of $ in handouts to Harvey Norman and other corporate companies.
He opposes a designated Indgenous voice to parliament and the Ularu statement.
He refused to call out transphobe Catherine Deves. He lost a seat held for 80 years. He has supported Scomo's Islamophobia in the past.
He continually misled and lied to the media.
How can this partisan trump supporter possibly be appointed as CEO of the people's game?
There is no way minority groups such as the LGBT and Indigenous communities will support this.
I for one will stop following AFL if this clown is appointed.

I don't think you got every twitter buzzword into your post. Try again.

He's rattled the nuff cage before he's even got the job. The man is eminently qualified

He's rattled the nuff cage before he's even got the job. The man is obviously qualified

Yep, must say I'm pissing myself at the left wing nut job snowflakes utter melt downs in this thread so far.

They thought they were rid of him and given how smug they have been for the last few weeks, this is utterly hilarious karma.

I don't think you got every twitter buzzword into your post. Try again.

He's rattled the nuff cage before he's even got the job. The man is eminently qualified
He's a cowardly politician trying to win votes from bigots. He is scomo's greatest supporter. He doesn't have the moral fiber to run a game that represents the community.

Sports Management? :tearsofjoy:

Gil studied Law/Commerce and did a Senior Exec program at Stanford mate. He did a 10 year apprenticeship at the AFL, prior to that he was at Accenture.

Dimitreou worked in the dental industry before becoming CEO of the AFL players association before becoming AFL CEO.

You are a moron if you think the applicant HAS to come from within the Sports Industry. Given the AFL is the biggest sporting code in the country, you are going to have to go overseas to get someone of a comparable level of commercial experience within the sports industry.
Well that's a massive own goal.

According to you "Gil did a ten years apprenticeship in the AFL" prior to being appointed CEO, and Dimitreou was CEO of the AFLPA, - to give examples of not having experience in Sports Management you gave two very good examples of having experience in sports managment.

You're so focussed on pushing your political bias you are not seeing you make an absolute goose of yourself. Probably time to take a spell from the internet Joshy.

Is this a joke?
Right wing transphobe and climate skeptic Josh Frydenberg is apparantly frontrunner to become AFL CEO.
It just goes to show the AFL are more concerned with generating profits for corporates rather than making the AFL the game of the people.
As a politician he gave millions of $ in handouts to Harvey Norman and other corporate companies.
He opposes a designated Indgenous voice to parliament and the Ularu statement.
He refused to call out transphobe Catherine Deves. He lost a seat held for 80 years. He has supported Scomo's Islamophobia in the past.
He continually misled and lied to the media.
How can this partisan trump supporter possibly be appointed as CEO of the people's game?
There is no way minority groups such as the LGBT and Indigenous communities will support this.
I for one will stop following AFL if this clown is appointed.

You could have just said recycled failure

He's a cowardly politician trying to win votes from bigots. He is scomo's greatest supporter. He doesn't have the moral fiber to run a game that represents the community.

Scomo was democratically elected.

Is it a problem to be a supporter of someone who aligns with a large portion of the country's views?

Or just because it doesn't align with your views?

Yep, must say I'm pissing myself at the left wing nut job snowflakes utter melt downs in this thread so far.

They thought they were rid of him and given how smug they have been for the last few weeks, this is utterly hilarious karma.
The only people supporting him are people like yourself who like to use words like 'snowflake' and 'woke'.
I know you hate Indigenous round mate but it's here to stay now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scomo was democratically elected.

Is it a problem to be a supporter of someone who aligns with a large portion of the country's views?

Or just because it doesn't align with your views?
So are the majority of Australians raving transphobes now? Lol .

He isnt a football hack promoted by the boys club for the financial betterment of the boys club.

Its not much as far as qualifications go but its an improvement over the last few CEOs.

Could he be worse than Vlad?
He could be worse than Vlad.
Certainly unlikely to be as good as Gil. Surely we should be aiming for improvement?

He's pulled out now . He will have to get a job for the coal lobby now.

Fair play to the leaker then. Josh would have wanted a quiet fait accompli

Shows he might not be getting a queue of suitors at his door though. And thoroughly deserved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back