Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps Aristotle would like to inform everyone on why the ALP have never fully investigated the allegations in 2021 by ALP Staffers of sexual misconduct by former and present ALP (men) MP's ?

To quote Albo; 'we must do better'. Well Albo you did f**** all.

Maybe also, Christian Porter should have been afforded the assumption that he was innocent (unless proven guilty) that 'Honest' Bill Shorten was some years ago?

I don't vote for Albo and Christian Porter is a dog and Frydenburg defended him and didn't bother reading the harrowing 31 page dossier that the victim wrote before she killed herself.

True, but I don't think the AFL need an ex-politician in that powerful position especially one with his history.

He should be judged on how he performed in his actual role and how he did Scomo's dirty work and that is why you can differently criticise him for how he managed the pandemic stimulus and played games during the pandemic.

OK, almost all of your points are his political views and have absolutely nothing to do regarding his ability to run a corporation of this leagues size.

I would have thought he's close to the most qualified person in the leagues history to be in the running for the top job.
I must of missed the years that he was CEO of a major mercantile operation. He was a professional student til about 30 and then a political staffer.

Reading a library book on management doesn’t enable you to engage in situational leadership (aka contingency approach) in the real world.

Stop talking crap mate. He's not qualified at all for starters.

Wut?

He has an LLB and BE (Hons) at Monash. He knocked back a Fullbright scholarship offer at Yale, to do a Masters of International Relations at Oxford. In addition to his Masters at Oxford, he also has a Masters of Public Administration from Harvard.

He's the Former Treasurer of Australia and Former Director at Deutsche bank.

He's overqualified!

Wut?

He has an LLB and BE (Hons) at Monash. He knocked back a Fullbright scholarship offer at Yale, to do a Masters of International Relations at Oxford. In addition to his Masters at Oxford, he also has a Masters of Public Administration from Harvard.

He's overqualified!
That's an impressive list of positions and degrees that aren't CEO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wut?

He has an LLB and BE (Hons) at Monash. A Fullbright scholarship offer at Yale. A Masters of International Relations at Oxford. A Masters of Public Administration at Harvard.

He's overqualified!
Never played football and has divisive views that are not reflective of modern society.

Port Adelaide will be happy as Josh Frydenberg is not a big fan of Teal either

happy star wars GIF

Wut?

He's overqualified!

On paper, he has an impressive set of qualifications but his work performance fell short of what I would expect from someone with those qualifications.

Running the AFL is entirely different than running the government and there are stronger performing candidates within the AFL community.

So what? Neither has the current CEO.

What view does he have that are not reflective of modern society exactly? Can you provide a quote please?
Look through my posts earlier in the thread. He endorsed a transphobe and is against an Indigenous voice in parliament.
Plus he's one of Australia's biggest climate bastards.

Yes mate.

But I think you are assuming every footy fan is engaged in that side of the game.

I don’t know the majority of people are.

It’s not the worst thing in the world or anything, it’s just the reality that it’s not something that is important to a lot of people who enjoy watching the game.
You do realise that if an organisation is not managed effectively it ceases to be.

He should be judged on how he performed in his actual role and how he did Scomo's dirty work and that is why you can differently criticise him for how he managed the pandemic stimulus and played games during the pandemic.
I think this is why the AFL want him. His stimulus budgeting was appalling in figuring out the actual cost. Imagine what he is going to do with the membership figures that no one gets any data on. Everything is going to look rosey.

On paper, he has an impressive set of qualifications but his work performance fell short of what I would expect from someone with those qualifications.

Running the AFL is entirely different than running the government and there are stronger performing candidates within the AFL community.

This is 100% correct. He racked up 800 billion in debt, f'd up his forecasts by 60 billion dollars on one occasion, handed billions in taxpayer money to companies that were themselves generating record profits, deliberately ****ed the university sector up the arse, and ****ed the energy supply up the arse as well. So he's about as competent as anyone else at the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back