Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He was never approached)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Kean is a NSW Lib moderate and he called for her disendorsment.
Frydenburg didn't, he is Scomo's main ally, have a look at his voting record.
If he's a moderate, I'm Boz Scaggs.

Kean is in a powerplay for the NSW Libs. Frydenberg is from VIC. They rarely meddle.

Plus Frydenberg was fighting for his seat so was probably not wanting to get dragged in to a fight in another state where he had literally no say over anything.

As I said above, if we judge Penny Wong by the same metrics she is a homophobe because she was against gay marriage for as long as it was Labor policy to be against gay marriage, and she only changed her mind on gay marriage once the Labor party changed its mind.

Its a ridiculous thing. And an easy way to spot an RWNJ / LWNJ.

"introduced gay marriage":p

They so did not

Despite knowing that around two thirds of the population were in favour, they still held a horribly divisive plebiscite which to me was the most embarrassing time in history to be an Australian

They have drifted so far from Menzies that you can't recognise them, they are absolutely far-right extremists

So they didnt introduce legislation? It just sorta happened without any change to any laws?

Aren’t we going half a billion dollars in debt a day cause of this twat?

Global pandemics aren't cheap. Our Government enacted economic policy and critical support packages for the population similar to most other countries around the World. What was the alternative, no support resulting in people lining up at the Salvos for meal and living on the streets..?

Anyhoo - it's appears this journo invented rumour is complete BS as the AFL have just confirmed they have not even approached JF about the position...
I do dream of the day there is some accountability and/or legal recourse with media outlets/journo's misinforming the public, which seems to be dramatically escalating in recent times and is mostly and deceitfully under the guise of 'opinion'...

Wut?

He has an LLB and BE (Hons) at Monash. He knocked back a Fullbright scholarship offer at Yale, to do a Masters of International Relations at Oxford. In addition to his Masters at Oxford, he also has a Masters of Public Administration from Harvard.

He's the Former Treasurer of Australia and Former Director at Deutsche bank.

He's overqualified!
You know the economy is fcuked because of him right? how man billions in debt and what do we have to show for it? I'm assuming you must be an absolute rusted on Lib or one of his mates because he's out of a job now for a reason

Global pandemics aren't cheap. Our Government enacted economic policy and critical support packages for the population similar to most other countries around the World. What was the alternative, no support resulting in people lining up at the Salvos for meal and living on the streets..?

Anyhoo - it's appears this journo invented rumour is complete BS as the AFL have just confirmed they have not even approached JF about the position...
I do dream of the day there is some accountability and/or legal recourse with media outlets/journo's misinforming the public, which seems to be dramatically escalating in recent times and is mostly and deceitfully under the guise of 'opinion'...
That would be fine if our debt wasn't already blown out before the pandemic and if he didn't waste more money on businesses who didn't need support

You've gone off your rocker about his political views.

Stop being a nut and focus on footy. You're ruining it for everyone else.
You've clicked on a thread about a politician potentially being made CEO of the AFL where the op is discussing his suitability for the role based on his political history and then spammed with complaints and dislikes that people are talking politics.

Internet forums aren't for you Turbo.

You know the economy is fcuked because of him right? how man billions in debt and what do we have to show for it? I'm assuming you must be an absolute rusted on Lib or one of his mates because he's out of a job now for a reason

Can you name some Australian Treasurers who didnt increase our debt? I think there have been 2 or 3 in our entire history.

I wonder if he'll donate 40 billion to Carlton and then blame someone else for it?

Amazed that a failed treasurer with a highly questionable skillset and level of competency is even being considered. I wonder how divided he can make the entire AFL community with his special brand of partisanship and ineptitude?
On one hand we have his track record of helping out mates but on the other we have had him screwing over Victoria. I can see WA getting a leg up here in a similar manner to federal infrastructure funding.

They know , but know that the Melbourne based club are untouchable.
And Melbourne based club supporters know that they will never fold a Melbourne based club.
A lot of water and money, has gone under the bridge since the introduction of the Eagles Brissie, into the competition. Remember that almost every club in the VFL in 1986 were bankrupt. The entry of the two mentioned clubs saved the VFL. As did the entry of others after, Adelaide, Fremantle and Port.
That's why all of the Vic clubs were queuing up to join the WAFL and SANFL........

I don't get interstate nuffies, your team begs to join a Victorian league, you jump on the bandwagon, then you complain that they joined a Victorian league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you name some Australian Treasurers who didnt increase our debt? I think there have been 2 or 3 in our entire history.
Usually increasing the debt correlates with positives in things like service provision or welfare. Not so over the last decade.

That would be fine if our debt wasn't already blown out before the pandemic and if he didn't waste more money on businesses who didn't need support

Gee, I was under the impression we had the first budget surplus for decades pre-pandemic - or was this more media BS..?

Can you name one that increased it by the substantial amount it was before covid let alone after?

Swan promised a surplus every year and delivered a only ever had deficits. Debt went up massively under Howard and Keating.

You can not like someone for all sorts of reasons, but airing them on a forum exposes how blinded you are.

Under Labor in 2007 it went from under 10% to over 30% of GDP. Just as an FYI. You probably werent born much before then. Certainly werent voting before then.

Usually increasing the debt correlates with positives in things like service provision or welfare. Not so over the last decade.

NDIS is up to about $60b a year now. And the Age Pension increases year in, year out as we get older. Medicare costs too.

The argument you should be making is about the lack of tax increases to match the increased spending. Much easier argument to make. Particularly if it was to restore the top tax bracket rate to where it was, and for all politicians to stop pretending that families on $180k a year are middle income and need to be getting welfare.

Kean is in a powerplay for the NSW Libs. Frydenberg is from VIC. They rarely meddle.

Plus Frydenberg was fighting for his seat so was probably not wanting to get dragged in to a fight in another state where he had literally no say over anything.

As I said above, if we judge Penny Wong by the same metrics she is a homophobe because she was against gay marriage for as long as it was Labor policy to be against gay marriage, and she only changed her mind on gay marriage once the Labor party changed its mind.

Its a ridiculous thing. And an easy way to spot an RWNJ / LWNJ.

So they didnt introduce legislation? It just sorta happened without any change to any laws?
Wong was wrong but Frydburg is a real grub that's why he lost in landslide.
How many trans people got harrassed because of scomo and frydburgs refusal to disendorse?
You're floggin a dead horse.
Probably our worst treasurer in the lasr 50 years.
Gave billions of $ to the coal industry, constantly lied, denied there was a women problem.
Gave away billions to corporates like Harvey Norman while other people struggled to get by.
He really was a terrible treasurer and money manager.
I don't vote Labor so stop trying to claim a draw by comparison.

Luckily Gil is negotiating the next rights deal, otherwise in true LNP fashion Joshy Boy will curtail to every one of Uncle Rupert's demands and there will be no footy on FTA, just every game on Kayo/Fox.

Tip top shape prior to that though, right?

Think you might've missed the 750 billion dollar debt accrued with nothing to show for it. Cutting public sectors to try and balance it out is fluff the books is a bit of media BS yes

Frydenberg became Treasurer on 24 August 2018.

He racked up a 750 billion dollar debt between then and COVID did he?

I'm an ALP/ Greens voter, but you you blokes at least be a little objective here?

Wong was wrong but Frydburg is a real grub that's why he lost in landslide.
How many trans people got harrassed because of scomo and frydburgs refusal to disendorse?
You're floggin a dead horse.
Probably our worst treasurer in the lasr 50 years.
Gave billions of $ to the coal industry, constantly lied, denied there was a women problem.
Gave away billions to corporates like Harvey Norman while other people struggled to get by.
He really was a terrible treasurer and money manager.
I don't vote Labor so stop trying to claim a draw by comparison.

Wong is gay and was against gay marriage because it would have affected her position in a political party. How is that anything other than grubby?

I dont think anyone got harrassed because Josh Frydenberg didnt speak out against Deves, in the same way that noone would have been harrassed because Frydenberg did speak out. Its a ridiculous argument. Nutjobs dont need reasons to be nutjobs.

I did vote Labor, BTW. But this thread really should be moved to SRP - simply based on the OP's post.

Wong is gay and was against gay marriage because it would have affected her position in a political party. How is that anything other than grubby?

I dont think anyone got harrassed because Josh Frydenberg didnt speak out against Deves, in the same way that noone would have been harrassed because Frydenberg did speak out. Its a ridiculous argument. Nutjobs dont need reasons to be nutjobs.

I did vote Labor, BTW. But this thread really should be moved to SRP - simply based on the OP's post.
Shutup Hairy, you've said the same thing 4 times and I agreed with you on Wong.
Frydenburg is not fit to be AFL CEO for many reasons .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back