List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd draft another KPF this year, generally a failed KPF can be made into a KPD but if he turns out good then its even more valuable, doesn't put all the eggs in the Amiss/Treacy/Kuek basket

If there isn't a KPF then I would take a KPD

JVR (FWD/DEF) would have been huge last year if he lasted instead of Johnson and then we could have taken a mid this year but Johnson looks good so I can't be too upset

I'd draft another KPF this year, generally a failed KPF can be made into a KPD but if he turns out good then its even more valuable, doesn't put all the eggs in the Amiss/Treacy/Kuek basket

If there isn't a KPF then I would take a KPD

JVR (FWD/DEF) would have been huge last year if he lasted instead of Johnson and then we could have taken a mid this year but Johnson looks good so I can't be too upset

Kuek, Treacy, Amiss and Benning is already too many to properly develop at Peel imo. Peel’s team balance shouldn’t be a priority but if the team is full of talls ultimately the lesser talls will either get shafted into the reserves or into roles where they aren’t given the right opportunity to develop effectively. As it is if Benning is ready for seniors next year he’s probably playing a role that isn’t quite right for him.

I’d much rather a KPD tbh. With Logue playing forward and Hamling looking borderline cooked it’s almost essential imo.

Kuek, Treacy, Amiss and Benning is already too many to properly develop at Peel imo. Peel’s team balance shouldn’t be a priority but if the team is full of talls ultimately the lesser talls will either get shafted into the reserves or into roles where they aren’t given the right opportunity to develop effectively. As it is if Benning is ready for seniors next year he’s probably playing a role that isn’t quite right for him.

I’d much rather a KPD tbh. With Logue playing forward and Hamling looking borderline cooked it’s almost essential imo.
Talls are hit and miss and mostly miss.

Anyway, seems like their is a few tall Academy kids coming through.

Maybe, not sure I want to use a first round pick on a kpd. Would prefer to go outside mid or general forward first, then kpd
Our first round pick is hopefully going to be 15 plus, As someone who generally agree's on not using high picks on KPDs, I'd use pick 15+ on Busslinger every day of the week. Would perfectly take over Pearce in 3-4 years while playing games here and there when he gets injured.

Our first round pick is hopefully going to be 15 plus, As someone who generally agree's on not using high picks on KPDs, I'd use pick 15+ on Busslinger every day of the week. Would perfectly take over Pearce in 3-4 years while playing games here and there when he gets injured.
Not sure when you entering in the premiership window you draft someone who won't play for four years with your first pick.

Would love a very good winger, or another forward mid or a small forward if one slipped

Not sure when you entering in the premiership window you draft someone who won't play for four years with your first pick.

Would love a very good winger, or another forward mid or a small forward if one slipped
I think Busslinger could play earlier then that, it's just when I see Pearce really starting to decline given his injury history. Raises a good point, should you change your drafting while in a window? I dont think so personally and specifically Busslinger would address an area of need given how Logue is playing up forward.

I actually think we are strangely set for wings with now having Noddy, Acres, Aish and Henry (who I still think makes it). I'd be happy with a goal kicking medium or small forward as well.

I think it's all redundant anyway and we wont have a first round pick this year

I think our wing stocks are good. We have Acres, O'Driscoll, Aish, Clark, Henry and Worner who can play there. Even Fyfe or Frederick have the attributes in a pinch. Only Fyfe is over mid 20's.

I think Busslinger could play earlier then that, it's just when I see Pearce really starting to decline given his injury history. Raises a good point, should you change your drafting while in a window? I dont think so personally and specifically Busslinger would address an area of need given how Logue is playing up forward.

I actually think we are strangely set for wings with now having Noddy, Acres, Aish and Henry (who I still think makes it). I'd be happy with a goal kicking medium or small forward as well.

I think it's all redundant anyway and we wont have a first round pick this year
especialy if we get gus as well we'd be well and truly covered for potential wingers.

are we likely using it on jackson or have i forgotten someone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

especialy if we get gus as well we'd be well and truly covered for potential wingers.

are we likely using it on jackson or have i forgotten someone
i think we have a fingers in a few pies and we are the stage now where we have talent everywhere so Bell and co are going to be fine trading out of the first round. I think Jackson is leaving or he would have signed by now as there is literally no reason for not signing on other than watching his next contract dollars decrease.

Busslinger is a jet who is really highly rated by people in the know, he could be a Weitering type but with better, more penetrative disposal by foot.

He should be our number one target in the draft, although I expect him to go in the top 7.
Whoever gets him is getting a gun, I'd be taking him as early as Pick 3

Or we could draft and/or develop our forwards and play Logue in defence. I mean, part of the reason he's playing forward is because we have excess defenders.

Or we could draft and/or develop our forwards and play Logue in defence. I mean, part of the reason he's playing forward is because we have excess defenders.
Same reason Naughton went from defender to forward. I think he looks a better prospect forward than back.

We don't exactly have another player outside of Logue who can offer what he currently does. He destroys Treacy in total effort delivered, if there was a metric for impact and contest delivered across the entire game Logue would be one of the highest in the league for what he can deliever.

Treacy should get there, but we aren't blessed with athletes like that.

PSA: Scotch blow Alcock Cup race open, Taj Longmuir’s breakout Wesley game, Hugh Davies added to State 18s​

Headshot of Jordan McArdle
Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Fri, 3 June 2022 2:44PM
Comments
Jordan McArdle

Troy and Taj Longmuir.

Troy and Taj Longmuir. Credit: AFL Photos / Twitter/Twitter

Two-time reigning premiers Scotch College have blown the Alcock Cup race wide open with a statement win over the previously-undefeated Hale School at home on Thursday afternoon.
The 37-point result - 13.15 (93) to 8.8 (56) - means Wesley (5-1), Scotch (4-1) and Hale (4-1) all have one loss apiece after six rounds in what’s shaping up to be another tight finish.
Coach Steve Malaxos said his players understood the significance of the win, which keeps them on track for a hat-trick of titles.
“It’s certainly tight at the top, there’s no question about that,” Malaxos said.
“The boys understood the significance of the game, if we had a loss we would’ve been two games behind Hale so there was a big swing either way.”
A few unsung heroes were among the best for Scotch in the midfield - Tyler Messina, Matthew Galjaardt and Kalib Dempster-Park.
Joe Matthews kicked a game-high five goals, Xavier Graham continued his strong form down back.
For Hale, silky-skilled Fremantle Next Generation Academy winger Conrad Williams booted two goals and skipper Harry Cole worked hard.
Malaxos credited player availability and skill execution as the major factors behind the victory.
“We only had one or two players out this week compared to previous weeks when we’ve had six or seven so that made a big difference,” Malaxos said.
“We think we’re gradually been doing things a little bit better as well, last week against Aquinas was a step forward and we’re just getting back to the way we want to play and executing a lot better.”
Christ Church defeated Aquinas for the first time in 17 years in a two-point thriller to move to 3-2 for the season as key defender Hugh Davies celebrated his inclusion to the State 18s squad with a massive game.
Davies, who also plays WAFL colts for Claremont, had 29 touches and 10 marks in the 7.9 (51) to 7.7 (49) result for Christ Church to underline why WA selectors rate him so highly.
Skipper Jonah Brooks and Bailey Van Der Struyf did the damage in the midfield with 57 disposals and 10 clearances between them.
“We’ve been building and we felt like we were one quarter away from beating one of these top sides,” Christ Church coach Declan Cormack said.
“The effort was there for four quarters and it was a real team effort so I’m extremely proud of how the boys performed in beating Aquinas for the first time since 2005.”
Captain Connor McDonald was brilliant in a losing cause for Aquinas, who have just one win from five starts, with two goals from 35 possessions.
In the final game of the round, Wesley continued their winning ways with a 40-point triumph over bottom-placed Guildford Grammar, who are yet to taste success this season, 13.11 (89) to 7.7 (49).
First-round draft fancy Reuben Ginbey had yet another dominant game with 35 disposals and two goals, while Taj Longmuir - son of ex-Docker/Demon/Blue Troy - had a breakout game with three majors.
Toby McDonald, Will Cassidy and Aiden O’Driscoll, the younger brother of Dockers pair Nathan and Emma, also stood out.
Luke Kelly and Oscar Hine-Baston fought hard for Guildford with 33 touches apiece in the midfield.

PSA footy round 7: Coen Livingstone, Adam De Masi, Darcy Alvaro, Blake Kelly, Liam Dey, Otis Harvey and more​

Headshot of Jordan McArdle
Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Mon, 13 June 2022 11:23AM
Jordan McArdle

Scotch's Coen Livingstone, right, impressed at the weekend.
Scotch's Coen Livingstone, right, impressed at the weekend. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian

There’s a three-way tie at the front of the race the Alcock Cup after seven rounds, with defending champs Scotch and fellow contender Hale both winning their Saturday games.
Scotch and Hale joined idle Wesley with a 5-1 record after defeating Trinity and Guildford respectively.
Two-time reigning premier Scotch had the most convincing win of the weekend, romping to a monster 21.10 (136) to 4.11 (35) triumph away from home.
Exciting 2023 draft prospect Coen Livingstone, a 197cm ruck who’s part of West Coast’s Next Generation Academy, continued his brilliant PSA season with a three-goal performance which included 19 touches and 28 hit-outs.

Livingstone made the State 18s squad but not the final team to face Claremont on a trial game on the same day.

WA under-16s squad member Jaxon Douglas (four goals) stood tall at both ends of the ground, likewise with Ed Graham in a variety of roles, while Kalib Dempster-Park was prolific in the middle.

Son of a gun Bailey Banfield, a 2023 father-son prospect for West Coast because his dad Drew played 100-plus games for the club, also stood out with four majors.

Speedy midfielder Adam De Masi was one of the shining lights for Trinity, with ruckman Coby Perry competed well against Livingstone.

Aquinas College took until late to kick away from an improved Guildford Grammar by 32 points - 10.11 (71) to 6.3 (39).

It was only 11 points the margin at the 15-minute mark of the final term before Aquinas booted the last three goals of the match to secure their second win of the year at home.
Captain Connor McDonald was again among Aquinas’ best, despite getting tagged, with Darcy Alvaro and Travis Shearer also important.
Up forward, Charlie Bailey and Jack Eastaugh kicked three goals apiece.
For Guildford, the Kelly brothers - Luke and Blake - impressed in the midfield and half-back respectively, while Lewis Zolnier-Owens (three goals) battled hard in attack.
In the final game of the round, Hale bounced back from their first loss of the season to defeat an inaccurate Christ Church by 12 points - 10.5 (65) to 7.11 (53).
State 16s representative Otis Harvey was outstanding in the midfield and Callum Smith down back for the victors, with Jono Williams (three goals) was the premier goal-kicker on the ground.
Christ Church, who won the clearance battle and easily topped the inside-50 count, only had themselves to blame in front of the sticks.
Skipper Jonah Brooks led from the front in the engine-room with the help of fellow midfielder Liam Dey and ruckman Max Rohr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back