News 2022 Injuries, Suspensions, Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That spud Jackson may still live - after all
What do you think stevebbb Maybe Tomorrow - anyone else who got this spud?
Unfortunately with the bye I doubt we'll hear anything concrete about how long out until next week. If LJackson is going, he's going this week (for me anyway).

If we get news that Gawn is out for weeks, then perfect, I'll boot Gawn and keep Jacko.

LoL shots fired .

Looks at Tigers injury list literally noone on it ...
Awkward Waynes World GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can't beat you Thursday we just aren't good enough. Even if Dusty is out.
If Dusty is out, it's still only one injured Tiger vs eleven injured Blues (with lots of best 22) too

Steele and Parish update:

Gawn update:

This is just appearing on The Age:

Syndesmosis scan: Demons’ ankle fears for Gawn​

Melbourne are sweating on scans of Max Gawn’s injured ankle, fearing a syndesmosis injury that could keep him sidelined.

I'll be back with more news as it comes to hand. We now return to regular programming.

287207406_10227992579789913_1865295292817411556_n.jpg

If we can't beat you Thursday we just aren't good enough. Even if Dusty is out.
If Lynch plays I don't think we have a matchup for him without Weitering - Young is poor 1v1, Marchbank is dead again (poor bastard) and if we bring Durdin in after a very average VFL performance Lynch will kick 6+ on him unless we absolutely smash you out of the centre. That's our only advantage really - midfield depth and quick delivery to H and Charlie

Giving the whole thing a bit of a sit-back and absorb ATM. One thing has occurred to me. This year, more so than any year I have played, the gulf between the truly awful sides ( all 3 of them ) and the rest has widened markedly.

SC scoring options for all 3 have offered diminishing returns as the year wears on.

Here's the kicker, in my estimation.

Ess/WC/NM are all coached by blokes whose player/strategy development is completely lacking any nouse, nuance or apparent understanding of the quantum leap footy has made this year. In this same vein(glorious) fashion, GWS players were becoming a millstone as well until Leon fell on his sword. Now even Lachie Whitfield has started to ton up, as further vindication of this assertion.

So, from our POV as the SC OCD Ass. there seems to be a correlation that more than suggests that premium or mid-price players from these sides are not viable in the current climate.

If you support any of these teams, look at my Magpies for inspiration as to what a whole-of-game versed coach can do to make rapid improvement with much the same list as the previous incompetent incumbent. McVeigh is doing himself no harm with GWS as a further example.

So, calf or not, see ya DP and no more with the Jed Anderson either. At least I made a quick leap-frogging sum to turn JA into Libba and DP had enough juice to act as a straight swap for Stewart. The forecast of Stewart falling to 550K may be right, but 144 this time around as his BE is eminently achievable, so I am hitting that button, baby and Mr Hewett can become part of my all-star mids.

Last edited:
This is just appearing on The Age:

Syndesmosis scan: Demons’ ankle fears for Gawn​

Melbourne are sweating on scans of Max Gawn’s injured ankle, fearing a syndesmosis injury that could keep him sidelined.

I'll be back with more news as it comes to hand. We now return to regular programming.

287207406_10227992579789913_1865295292817411556_n.jpg
Syndesmosis is what, a 10 week injury?

We better get info ASAP...

Holding him only to find out he's done for 2+ months next week would make me furious.

(especially as I'm about to trade out Luke Jackson)

Holding him only to find out he's done for 2+ months next week would make me furious.

I'm going to be furious if Gawn is out for 2 months as I just brought him in last week. :(

I blame all this on those GWS kents for not playing Preuss. If they had of played him on the weekend then I wouldn't have traded him to Gawn.

God damnit!

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

A further entry on the site, but we won't know for certain for a day or two, mate.

'Melbourne are sweating on scans of Max Gawn’s injured ankle, fearing a syndesmosis injury that could keep him sidelined.

The Demons hope that a weekend off for the bye will allow Gawn’s ankle to settle, believing it is stable given he was able to finish the game on Queen’s Birthday and walked unaided into the club on Tuesday.

The All-Australian ruckman, now in a moon boot, will have further scans to determine any syndesmosis damage.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back