Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that album. Shame they dont sound how they did back then but hey - things change. I try not to be too critical of bands that evolve and completely change their sound, because its their choice. Plus, if they are in the mindset of only keeping the same sound to appease their fans, but wanting a creative change themselves, then the music they release probably wouldnt be very inspired anyway. I try to appreciate the stuff i do like and if the band changes to the point where their music no longer appeals, so be it...Ill keep listening to the old stuff. That said, when trying to decide whether to see a band live, it can be tough if half their music appeals and the other half doesnt.

Point is, with a band like In Flames im just glad they released music i like at some point in their career. For them it just so happened to be their early stuff.

No doubt. I agree that bands should play music that the members like.

Intestine Baalism is decent melodic death metal not too far removed from that sound. Their first album probably the best. All three are on Spotify. Listen to the title track of the debut ("An Anatomy of the Beast") and let me know your thoughts.

Considering going to Good Things for Soulfly, Gojira, Sabaton, Jinjer, Cosmic Psychos & Deftones. Mainly Gojira, Jinjer and Soulfly if im honest but i could probably make a decent day of it. TISM & NOFX could be fun too. Shame the headliner sucks but hey i cant expect too much, and its not just a metal festival.

Considering going to Good Things for Soulfly, Gojira, Sabaton, Jinjer, Cosmic Psychos & Deftones. Mainly Gojira, Jinjer and Soulfly if im honest but i could probably make a decent day of it. TISM & NOFX could be fun too. Shame the headliner sucks but hey i cant expect too much, and its not just a metal festival.
Hoping Gojira just do a sideshow tbh

Intestine Baalism is decent melodic death metal not too far removed from that sound. Their first album probably the best. All three are on Spotify. Listen to the title track of the debut ("An Anatomy of the Beast") and let me know your thoughts.

Bit heavier than In Flames but certainly some IF type moments, particularly on the Banquet in the Darkness album. I’m a sucker for that old 90s production on all those albums too.

Not totally metal but will no doubt interest some to know there's a Sex Pistols series on Disney+, meant to be based on that book Jonesy released recently, I'll binge it when I reactivate to binge Obi-Wan Kenobi I guess

Not totally metal but will no doubt interest some to know there's a Sex Pistols series on Disney+, meant to be based on that book Jonesy released recently, I'll binge it when I reactivate to binge Obi-Wan Kenobi I guess
Yep it's not bad, a few cringey dialogue moments, and compressed time frames (due to 6 episode timeline I guess).
The guy who plays Lyndon was great (even if he didn't look that similar), got all of the mannerisms and speech patterns down pat.
McLaren was annoying, but I think that was the point haha....
The Pauline (from the song Bodies) episode was great, as was the culmination with Sid ******* everything up at the end.
Knew that Chrissy Hynde was hanging around with them, but didn't know she was with Steve Johnson to that extent. Their relationship probably got more airtime than it needed, but the actress was good.

New kreator on... have they released the same cd 4 or 5 times now? Too many 'big' chorus and cheesy solos for me these days. Occasional flashes of speed/nastiness, but not enough for me these days. Might grow on me but not too impressed so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New kreator on... have they released the same cd 4 or 5 times now? Too many 'big' chorus and cheesy solos for me these days. Occasional flashes of speed/nastiness, but not enough for me these days. Might grow on me but not too impressed so far.

Has awesome cover art. Music sounds like it’s for Wacken people.

Has awesome cover art. Music sounds like it’s for Wacken people.
Same with Destruction, they do a few too many anthems for my liking these days, but I rate them & Kreator's brand new albums off the back of a handfull of songs that have killer fast riffs such as Hate Uber, Become Immortal (nice galloping NWOBHM type riffs here), Midnight Sun, Demonic Future. For new Destruction it's No Faith, Hope Dies Last, Servent of the Beast & more. I'm not going in expecting to hear a follow up to Extreme Aggression, I rarely get excited by anything new, but totally rate some of what they're both putting out..

Yep totally agree. Same criticism can be levelled at Testament imo. Very formulaic with sterile color by numbers production. Rinse & Repeat; inoffensive Arena thrash.

Yep totally agree. Same criticism can be levelled at Testament imo. Very formulaic with sterile color by numbers production. Rinse & Repeat; inoffensive Arena thrash.
Become Immortal's been the theme of the boys wknd in QLD, still going from last wknd.. Probably the metric tonnes of beers are helping!!

Tickets already purchased for the Melb gig. And I'm really looking forward to it - Erik is a great fit for Skid Row. Loved his albums with H.E.A.T. Have all the Reckless Love cds too (Animal Attraction the pick of 'em), plus that Wicked Smile debut (solid). Going to be a great night. Will you go to the Brisbane gig?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back