Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honest question: do we really have a problem with Tesla utilising tax breaks in order to develop and produce EVs? In terms of return on investment for taxpayers, they have kept their side of the bargain by successfully developing cleaner EV and battery tech. They've also paid their government loan back early (contrast this with the other major auto makers who received handouts and pissed them up against a wall).

So many attacks over gov subsidies that you would expect from RWNJs but make no sense coming from the left. I know lithium batteries have their own environmental issues, but do we want to just keep running internal combustion engines forever and not move forward? How many more proxy wars for energy control do we want to see? How many more world leaders being bought and sold by the fossil fuel lobby?
The majority of invention comes from government, not business. Businesses cannot take the risks necessary to work on something that could very well be a dead end (if an interesting one) until said dead end becomes profitable. Businesses therefore funnel innovation down lines of profit; what can be made money from fastest.

I don't have an issue with Tesla using tax breaks to develop electric vehicles. What I take issue with is governments outsourcing research and development to Tesla or other businesses, because that limits the potential of that R&D to merely what is profitable soonest.

I also think you're conflating multiple complaints into a single issue, and they shouldn't be treated as one. Fossil fuel lobbyists should be eliminated from the political process worldwide, but that is an issue with governmental corruption, not neoliberal outsourcing of government function. Only by conflating the two together do you get the discrepancy, and even then only if you squint.

Honest question: do we really have a problem with Tesla utilising tax breaks in order to develop and produce EVs? In terms of return on investment for taxpayers, they have kept their side of the bargain by successfully developing cleaner EV and battery tech. They've also paid their government loan back early (contrast this with the other major auto makers who received handouts and pissed them up against a wall).

So many attacks over gov subsidies that you would expect from RWNJs but make no sense coming from the left. I know lithium batteries have their own environmental issues, but do we want to just keep running internal combustion engines forever and not move forward? How many more proxy wars for energy control do we want to see? How many more world leaders being bought and sold by the fossil fuel lobby?
But he wants to buy Twitter and is voting conservative.

Free speech warrior leaning to support a man who uses the levers of state to silence his rivals. You can take the boy out of Pretoria...

Hell be pushing replacement theory in 6 weeks. The old saffer racist really coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe he'll look at allowing work from home to encourage his employees to help populate the earth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SAN FRANCISCO — Elon Musk said on Friday that he planned to terminate his blockbuster $44 billion deal to buy Twitter, after publicly indicating over months that he was dissatisfied with the agreement.
In a regulatory filing, Mr. Musk said a continuing disagreement with the company over the number of spam accounts on the platform could not be resolved. He claimed that Twitter had not provided information necessary to calculate the number of spam accounts and that the company had appeared to make inaccurate statements about the number of these accounts in its own regulatory filings. Twitter has said fewer than 5 percent of the accounts on its platform are fake.
A new version of pump and dump ? Allowing for the alleged 1 billion

SAN FRANCISCO — Elon Musk said on Friday that he planned to terminate his blockbuster $44 billion deal to buy Twitter, after publicly indicating over months that he was dissatisfied with the agreement.
In a regulatory filing, Mr. Musk said a continuing disagreement with the company over the number of spam accounts on the platform could not be resolved. He claimed that Twitter had not provided information necessary to calculate the number of spam accounts and that the company had appeared to make inaccurate statements about the number of these accounts in its own regulatory filings. Twitter has said fewer than 5 percent of the accounts on its platform are fake.
A new version of pump and dump ? Allowing for the alleged 1 billion

The point to be made here is due diligence is something you do before you contract to buy something, not after.

All this bot twaddle is smoke and mirrors.

He's a spiv

Always has been a spiv.

Young people today have never been taught what a spiv is.

Crypto money has died
And that was created by shills and sold by spivs.

Elon is a SPIV.

Following him or thinking he's something good, only makes you a galah.

Pillock

Reads like the entire thing was just a tanty
He would have been there with his flunkies.

"Hey hey guys. I should offer to buy Twitter."

- "Haha lol boss that is hilarious!"

"Heh. Heh heh. I offered $47 billion. Signed stuff and everything. Heh heh."

- "Oh yeah. Funny, boss! That'll show em!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back