Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 14 - Tigers v Blues Thurs June 16th 7:20pm (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We have WC, Adelaide and gws to get us to 12 wins, if that is all we win over the next 2 months the Collingwood game will be an early elimination final.

They should get up for Freo and win next week though, easily the worse performance of the year for us tonight Voss won't cop that 2 weeks in a row.
It was your worst performance because we didn’t let you play the way you wanted. You’ll find over the last 5 years quite a few teams have had their “worst performance” of the season against the tigers. Or maybe we are just extremely lucky to get so many teams playing their “worst game of the year?” against us?

I give you Weitering Cerra and Pittonet , but please Marchbank 1 game in how long. but Williams and McGovern aren't losses for you.

Marchbank played last week, he will play later in the year, he's best 22 every day of the week. He's an out.

Yes, Williams and McGovern are losses. Overpaid on inflated contracts? Absolutely. But still best 22. Honestly do you think Jordan Boyd is a better option than Williams? And Plowman better than McGovern? Spare me. Gov was close to BOG in rd1 vs. you.

Just admit we've had s**t luck with injuries and it's gotten to a point where it's impacting us - I don't know why it's so hard for some.

you 100% deserved to win, a ton more inside 50s, played smarter footy and were overall the better side. But sheesh to insinuate we had anything closely related to our best 22 out there is genuine ignorance.

Marchbank played last week, he will play later in the year, he's best 22 every day of the week. He's an out.

Yes, Williams and McGovern are losses. Overpaid on inflated contracts? Absolutely. But still best 22. Honestly do you think Jordan Boyd is a better option than Williams? And Plowman better than McGovern? Spare me. Gov was close to BOG in rd1 vs. you.

Just admit we've had s**t luck with injuries and it's gotten to a point where it's impacting us - I don't know why it's so hard for some.

you 100% deserved to win, a ton more inside 50s, played smarter footy and were overall the better side. But sheesh to insinuate we had anything closely related to our best 22 out there is genuine ignorance.
We played in a GF without our CHB and FB and an undersized makeshift backline for the 2nd half of the season in 2018. If you’re good enough, you win the games you should be winning.

At this point, Carlton has only beaten Sydney. No other wins against top 8 teams and so far played a very easy draw.

If the you/club want to use injuries as an excuse, it tells us exactly where the club is at. Just not quite up to it.

Thought Tiges would win comfortably, by a larger margin. They are one of the better wet weather teams, and are on the up after being a bit... slow... laggard... pompous?... in not adapting to new rules and postmodernist umpiring where there is no fixed truth, a bit earlier. They spent 2021 protecting their worn out Hegelian structure.

The Blues are a tad up and down, they seem to play in on off modes with no gradations. Imagine having a car which either shoots to 80km/hr or stops. It's fun to watch, though.

Tiges still leak goals in bunches too easily. Even at 6 goals behind, it only took Blues a few minutes to halve the defecit before half time.

Is there enough time in 2022 for Tiges to get their collander holes welded up? Will Blues be able to adapt without some key players, as Tiges did in 2019 wrt Rance?

We played in a GF without our CHB and FB and an undersized makeshift backline for the 2nd half of the season in 2018. If you’re good enough, you win the games you should be winning.

At this point, Carlton has only beaten Sydney. No other wins against top 8 teams and so far played a very easy draw.

If the you/club want to use injuries as an excuse, it tells us exactly where the club is at. Just not quite up to it.

I mostly agree but I think every team, no matter how good; has a breaking point with injuries. We've got 4 of our back 6 out, which wouldn't be a huge problem if we could dominate the midfield - which we've struggled to do since our ruck got injured - fwiw I think it's poor list management to not have an adequate back up for Pitto.

Beaten Sydney & Richmond - that's 2.

Oh yeah, and how many top 8 teams did your mob beat with the makeshift backline in the 2nd half of the season? ******* zilch. Zero. You're bragging about only beating bottom 8 sides whilst having injuries, yet criticizing Carlton for only beating bottom 8 sides whilst having injuries.

*fun fact - Carlton 2022 has already beaten more top 8 sides than Collingwood 2018, who beat a total of 1 top 8 side in the entire H&A Season (Melbourne in round 12 who finished 5th).

Footy fans, eh? Love re-writing history to suit their little fantasized agenda.

Last edited:

So Round 1 didn't exist I take it?

I mostly agree but I think every team, no matter how good; has a breaking point with injuries. We've got 4 of our back 6 out, which wouldn't be a huge problem if we could dominate the midfield - which we've struggled to do since our ruck got injured - fwiw I think it's poor list management to not have an adequate back up for Pitto.

Beaten Sydney & Richmond - that's 2.

Oh yeah, and how many top 8 teams did your mob beat with the makeshift backline in the 2nd half of the season? ******* zilch. Zero. You're bragging about only beating bottom 8 sides whilst having injuries, yet criticizing Carlton for only beating bottom 8 sides whilst having injuries.

*fun fact - Carlton 2022 has already beaten more top 8 sides than Collingwood 2018, who beat a total of 1 top 8 side in the entire H&A Season (Melbourne in round 12 who finished 5th).

Footy fans, eh? Love re-writing history to suit their little fantasized agenda.
I suppose you’ll be hoping to be as good as Collingwood

Amazing people thought the rain would favour Carlton. Thought we had the edge when it was dry, but Richmond absolutely dominant when it was wet. Too clean, too well set-up around contests (marking contests in particular) and deserved the win, smashed us at our own clearance game and 76 to 51 inside 50s, kinda amazed it was as close as it was really.

Thought our makeshift backline held up pretty well under the circumstances. Saad was immense, people were still questioning bringing him in earlier this year? lol
They paid touched because his fingers wobbled yeah? The ones that never went inline with the ball
Yeah that was a bizarre call, assuming they were using the angle we all assume they were and was used for TV. As you say, the fingers that were wobbling clearly never touched the ball, seemed like they just assumed the fingers behind the ball in the vision also touched and wobbled. Not an unreasonable assumption perhaps but dunno how you call that conclusive per the rule though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was a bizarre call, assuming they were using the angle we all assume they were and was used for TV. As you say, the fingers that were wobbling clearly never touched the ball, seemed like they just assumed the fingers behind the ball in the vision also touched and wobbled. Not an unreasonable assumption perhaps but dunno how you call that conclusive per the rule though.
Have I missed something? It looked like he clearly touched the ball - and Broad was convinced he touched it and TBF thats normally a good sign - is there other footage that says otherwise?

Thought Tiges would win comfortably, by a larger margin. They are one of the better wet weather teams, and are on the up after being a bit... slow... laggard... pompous?... in not adapting to new rules and postmodernist umpiring where there is no fixed truth, a bit earlier. They spent 2021 protecting their worn out Hegelian structure.

The Blues are a tad up and down, they seem to play in on off modes with no gradations. Imagine having a car which either shoots to 80km/hr or stops. It's fun to watch, though.

Tiges still leak goals in bunches too easily. Even at 6 goals behind, it only took Blues a few minutes to halve the defecit before half time.

Is there enough time in 2022 for Tiges to get their collander holes welded up? Will Blues be able to adapt without some key players, as Tiges did in 2019 wrt Rance?

Wow! Hegel? Mid season draftee? I chortled.

Interesting on Big Footy how every week Richmond are the beneficiary of the worst umpiring evas. Yet have the worst umpiring differential in the league.
I just don't understand it. Surely it's got to be more than entitled, pea heated, spineless sore losers mouthing off? Surely.
Do you kaiserchief13 or Gavin Excell have an explanation?
Richmond are very aggressive and infringe way more than any other team, but last night they only got called for frees against probably 1 every 3 times they should have

Interesting on Big Footy how every week Richmond are the beneficiary of the worst umpiring evas. Yet have the worst umpiring differential in the league.
I just don't understand it. Surely it's got to be more than entitled, pea heated, spineless sore losers mouthing off? Surely.
Do you kaiserchief13 or Gavin Excell have an explanation?

My opinion is my opinion, don't give a s**t about anyone else you want to lump in as one giant group. Also how are neutral supporters entitled, pea hearted, spineless or sore losers when having an opinion about officiating during a sport? What an absolute trash comment.

I don't give a flying * about differentials either. Only a complete smooth brain can't use a little bit of logic to see that the amount of free kicks received is not indicative of unfair umpiring advantage in that particular game. If Team A gets 20 free kicks, and 19 of them were deserved but Team B gets 14 free kicks but only 8 of them were deserved then Team B is clearly getting the benefit of the poor umpiring despite having less free kicks awarded.

There's your explanation smart-arse.

I like the way we are travelling at this time of the year,you need to peak at the end of the season,we found that out in 2018.

You can see cripps literally shitting his pants here when he realises the smallest bloke out there isnt backing down, just look at the eyes

QKLuH5J8.jpeg

Weitering and Cerra are the two obvious ones replacing Durdin and Newnes. Who are the others that were out tonight and who do they replace?
IMO I'd say

Weitering
Cerra
Pittonet
McGovern
Williams

in for

Newnes
Plowman
S Durdin
Boyd
Cottrell

Small sample size I know but McGovern looked pretty handy for the first time is his Carlton career as 3rd defender/intercept marker with Weitering and one of Young or McDonald as the 2nd main KPD.

Farkin Liam Jones lol, would have been handy :rolleyes:

Back